Lola at the Newly Franchised Coffee House (part 2)

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:34 pm
The coffee house rests confidently one block from Bleecker and MacDougal in New York's Greenwich Village. Wassau Jr., (pronounced Wa-zo), is the owner and he lives upstairs. When it's cold, Lola can sometimes be found on the sofa in front of the fire. It's a gathering place for friends and strangers. If you want to leave a message for Lola, just give it to Wassau.

Due to technical difficulties, the old coffee house was closed.

Sturgis

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:41 pm
Do you have triple espresso in the half gallon size? I could really go for a few.

Better get a plain bagel too.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:07 am
@Sturgis,
Would you like to upgrade to our 50 Gallon Drum of Sweet Oil-spresso? You get a 25 cent coupon for a dozen frozen bagels.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 10:51 am
Didn't realize that the original Lola's Cafe was closed. Haven't been around that much...and have not talked with Lola for several years, but I have spoken with Bernie...and the subject never came up.

Is this an extension of the old Lola's...or something new?
Sturgis

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 02:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Nah, I'll stick with the stuft I'm familiar with.

Besides, 50 gallons seems a mite bit excessive (unless there's a week long excursion somewheres)

....and WTF? frozen bagels? Are you one of them there heathens?

Anyway, since I'm here, let me get one of those pastrami and Swiss cheese paninis. You're right, better make it two.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 10:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

A bit of both. The other thread is a bit too long in tooth and is suffering from a2k glitches related to threads over a certain X hundred of pages.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 07:14 am
@tsarstepan,

tsarstepan wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

A bit of both. The other thread is a bit too long in tooth and is suffering from a2k glitches related to threads over a certain X hundred of pages.

Aha!
\
Then thanks for the reprieve.

Gonna try to get in touch with Lola and see if we can get her back here to say "Hello." This would be a good thread to do it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 07:38 am
I have two questions: First, is the coffee as good at this place as it was at Lola's original house, and second, is Frank Apisa going to make a habit of hanging around?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 08:13 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I have two questions: First, is the coffee as good at this place as it was at Lola's original house...?

Our coffee is as complex and sophisticated as our pricing and sizing models. Make of it what you will.

Plus we share a backroom with a Dunkin Donuts (whose building abuts ours but the storefront is on the next street over) which we buy coffee from if the customer wants... sigh... just regular coffee.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 09:05 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I have two questions: First, is the coffee as good at this place as it was at Lola's original house, and second, is Frank Apisa going to make a habit of hanging around?

No coffee will ever be as good as the stuff at Lola's original house.

As for me and "hanging"...well, let's just say you will have to dream about it, Ti.

Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 09:14 am
I haven't eaten raisin bread in over twenty years. Yet I woke up thinking I should get some next shopping day. Toasted with a heavy coat of butter, maybe a dab of raw honey. What's the matter with me?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 09:52 am
Shot'o 1800 in the coffee please. No toast thanks, spoils the buzz.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:27 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
... Plus we share a backroom with a Dunkin Donuts (whose building abuts ours but the storefront is on the next street over) which we buy coffee from if the customer wants... sigh... just regular coffee.

I have owned two different coffee houses (real, not virtual) in my time. That "sigh" made me lol. Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 05:31 pm
I had Dunkin coffee recently. It is oddly similar to the water which exits my water pipes soon after a water main break. I mean similar in color. I've never taste tested the water when it comes out that way. The coffee is weird.

I found running it through the percolator process a second time, helps.

Yes, it was a bag of Dunkin coffee, which was sold at a local store. Next time, I'll leave it there.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 04:03 am
Caffeine is limited to me recently and maybe forever - {sigh} just hear to see Lola, nomo - {sigh}
Sturgis

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 04:18 pm
@BillW,
Not to worry Bill, I'll take your cup of coffee and replace it with a beverage of your choice....

...Garcon!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 07:34 pm
@BillW,
Just out of curiosity, why has coffee been limited for you?

FWIW, I’ve an arrhythmia as well as GERD and I’m fine with coffee. I do take Omeprazole regularly as well as a beta blocker
Borat Sister

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 08:43 pm
@BillW,
Can you drink water de caffeinated?
BillW

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:38 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

Can you drink water de caffeinated?

Cool
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:56 pm
@Ragman,
Migraines and tinnitus, I've been doing a lot of testing and therapies to try to resolve it. To drink the amount of coffee I would like to is way over the small amount I'm allowed to have. I eliminate possible causes until results show improvements. I am hoping to be able to drink coffee again some day. My next thing I am doing is a back operation. Fuse three vertebrae, replace 1 disc, repair 2 or 3 other discs, clear out bone and arthritic buildup. I think that may help a lot.