On the lighter side of romance

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:11 pm
In the dating world, rules are abundant, but rarely are they universal. One person says no kissing on the first date, another person says follow your passion (no matter what it's telling you). Sometimes you are to wait a certain number of days before responding to a phone call. I can't be bothered by the rules, but I know that the guys I may happen to date could be put-off by any number of actions on my part, so I do keep my eyes open for dating etiquette help.

Anyway, this was a sort of cute and basic e-article on msn about how to tell if your date is into you. Here's what the author had to say:

So, what do you all think? I like clue #5 - watch the feet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,727 • Replies: 131
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:16 pm
What if he's just stretching his legs (#5) because they are cramped up from sitting on his hands (#1) all evening?? Surprised
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:19 pm
hehehehe.

I actually am really REALLY hard to read. I hide any indication that I like a guy. It's a shame. I do lighten up after the fact that I like him becomes common knowledge. But, on the first date, I may just sit onmy hands. But, I do know to pay attention to my feet. When my toes are pointed away from the guy.... not good news for him.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:24 pm
lol I tried that paying attention to the feet thing once but the only thing that kept popping into my head the whole time was "Hey, nice shoes...". Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:24 pm
HA!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
I read the SAME thing today. I think it's all pretty obvious, except the blinking part. Never heard that before. And the feet? How the hell are you supposed to pay attention to their feet if they're under a table...unless she's feeling you up with her foot.

Some I'll add, at least signs women give:

-She laughs a lot at what you say.
-She plays with her hair, being fidgety.
-She asks a lot of questions....especially if she's asking about your dating history, she's trying to find out what kind of boyfriend you'll make.
-She accidentally slips and falls face first on your penis.

But me? I don't need to read no signs. That's why they make drugs that dissolve in drinks, and automobile trunks big enough for a body.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:38 pm
I've noticed my own feet.

I do laugh at what the guy of my desires says - often even when it's not funny.
I get fidgety when I'm nervous - not the same thing.
I never ask about past dating history, unless he brings up the subject.
I don't think I've ever accidentaly fallen on a guys penis. I'll have to rack my brain about that one.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:40 pm
littlek wrote:

I don't think I've ever accidentaly fallen on a guys penis.

So you are saying that it was on purpose??? lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
Oh yeah - that's happened on purpose - a lot.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:44 pm
So, L'k, what's your intended to think of you while you're looking at your feet?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:46 pm
Er, I can pretty much tell what my feet are doing without looking at them.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:47 pm
Wow, man you're good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:48 pm
Eeyep.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:49 pm
I only get nervous around women that I'm attracted to, so it's the same for me. But usually nothing beyond a little jitters, which go away when she slips and falls face first...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:51 pm
So.....

I tend to second guess myself when I want to let the guy I'm into know how I feel about him. I am always too terrified to tell him that I like him for fear of scaring him away and then he loses interest because he thinks I'm not interested. This happens at the initial moment of attraction right on through the next few stages of getting involved. So, where's the line?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:52 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I only get nervous around women that I'm attracted to, so it's the same for me. But usually nothing beyond a little jitters, which go away when she slips and falls face first...

It's the worst when I'm super attracted to a guy. I have tended to avoid guys I'm super attracted to because I tend to lose what little brain power I usually have.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:04 pm
littlek wrote:
So.....

I tend to second guess myself when I want to let the guy I'm into know how I feel about him. I am always too terrified to tell him that I like him for fear of scaring him away and then he loses interest because he thinks I'm not interested. This happens at the initial moment of attraction right on through the next few stages of getting involved. So, where's the line?

I don't think there's really a need to tell someone how much you like them when in the initial dating stages. For one, it can scare them away, and two, there's other ways of getting it across other than verbally. Even something as simple as you(the woman) taking the initiative to make the next date shows him it's obvious you're into him. Or offering to make dinner...take him out for a drink, ect. At the same time you've got to let it work both ways so you're not too suffocating. Give and take.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:06 pm
yeah, I do that. Check.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:06 pm
Also, don't place sooooooo much importance on those first moments, if it's going to happen then it's going to happen. Shoot the sh_t, tell some stories and wear low cut clothing you'll do just fine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:07 pm
Right, low and high. <not>.
0 Replies