Washington D.C. and wars...

Lash

Tue 16 Jan, 2024 07:21 pm
I’ll be back to add the US involvement in the genocide of Gaza to this thread, but I’m currently here to note that Bernie Sanders is at this moment addressing the Senate in an attempt to stop the incessant bombing of civilians.

He’s calling for a test vote to stop further US military aid to Israel until an investigation shows whether the Israeli government is violating human rights and international accords in its use of our weapons.

I can’t imagine it will pass, but forcing this vote may land some Zionists in hot water with their constituents.
Lash

Tue 16 Jan, 2024 07:37 pm
Only 11 Senators did not vote to reject conditioning US assistance to Israel on Israel’s compliance with human rights law.

No surprises.
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 17 Jan, 2024 07:57 am
@Lash,
Quote:
He’s calling for a test vote to stop further US military aid to Israel until an investigation shows whether the Israeli government is violating human rights and international accords in its use of our weapons.

No need for an investigation. Israel is sticking war crimes right up the . . . skirts and diapers of the Gazans. You'd have to be the most shameless kind of Israel-firster to pretend that it's unclear that war crimes aren't being committed as we speak. For example, one poster on another thread expressed their moronic belief that we should wait for Israelis to finish their "alleged" war crimes against women and children and their homes, and THEN conduct an investigation. How ass-backwards is that?!
Lash

Wed 17 Jan, 2024 09:55 am
@Glennn,
The world is such a craven horror show.

They KNOW exactly what’s being done—and neither Israel nor Biden’s White House nor van der Lyin’ nor all but 11 Senators GAF.

Who thought the horrors that created #NeverAgain would happen again so soon historically when we have the benefit of 24/7 technicolor footage of the crimes? Still hard to sit down with the reality.

Money (oil? power?) talks.
Glennn

Wed 17 Jan, 2024 10:49 am
@Lash,
The Gazans must think the whole world hates their guts every bit as much as nutanyahu does. And who could blame them?

I'm sure the Gazans would like to propose an amendment to the popular phrase "never again" to include three more words--"never again 'til next time." And again, who could blame them?
Quote:

That, and a gross sense of entitlement. Apparently, our blind eye and blind support of their non democratic human rights violations has convinced them that they can do no wrong in our eyes. And again, who could blame them?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 17 Jan, 2024 02:41 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The world is such a craven horror show.

They KNOW exactly what’s being done—and neither Israel nor Biden’s White House nor van der Lyin’ nor all but 11 Senators GAF.

Who thought the horrors that created #NeverAgain would happen again so soon historically when we have the benefit of 24/7 technicolor footage of the crimes? Still hard to sit down with the reality.

The nonprofit group, Giraffes Against Frenching (AKA GAF), are in the process of sending you a legal cease and desist against using their official acronym. And by Frenching? These giraffes are militantly against French kissing.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 17 Jan, 2024 08:01 pm
Looks like the Hague will tell Israel to stop their murderous rampage.
Not many people think Israel will comply.

South Africa is currently compiling their case against the US (& maybe UK?)

These events lend themselves to such strong symbolism for the increasingly multipolar world.

The US & its vassal states will find themselves increasingly isolated, I think.
Glennn

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 06:41 am
@Lash,
nutanyahu is a festering boil on the body of humanity. It seems he has a lot of religion-borne hatred for Palestinian women and children.

One could argue that biden doesn't share nutanyahu's deep-seated racism towards Palestinian women and children, but when he refuses to withhold the bombs and bullets nutanyahu needs to fulfill his twisted vision of finishing off the Amalekites, that argument falls flat on its face.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 08:07 am
@Glennn,
At least you are correct about Bibi.
Glennn

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 08:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
At least you are correct about Bibi.

You give the impression that I'm incorrect about everything else I've posted.

If that's the case, what part do you believe I've been incorrect about? Is it that I've condemned joe for being nutanyahu's willing partner in war crimes? Is that what you believe I got wrong?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 08:27 am
@Glennn,
The US DOES NOT not provide unlimited arms to Israel.

The US provides weapons beyond the scope of Israels needs, but that supply is not "unlimited". Just remember: the GOP house has to go along with it, they hold the purses strings.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-military-aid-does-the-us-give-to-israel/

The value of military aid to Israel has actually fallen.
Glennn

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 08:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
The US DOES NOT not provide unlimited arms to Israel.

biden gives them enough to commit crimes against humanity--mostly women and children--and in your mind, that's not providing unlimited arms to war criminals?

Sorry to disappoint you, but biden is just another war criminal helping another war criminal get shyt done. How does one miss that??

Does limited arms to Israel diminish biden's responsibility for the war crimes being committed with the arms he DOES give them?
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 10:18 am
The EU voted today to support a ceasefire.
Largely symbolic, but something.
izzythepush

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 11:10 am
@Lash,
The devil is in the detail, don't be so vague.

It was the EU parliament, the vote was 312 in favour, 131 against and 72 abstentions.

The ceasefire is conditional on the hostages being released and Hamas dismantled.

That means Israel can continue as before, and say they are complying with the, non binding, resolution, and that once Hamas is dismantled, and the hostages released, the shooting will stop.
Lash

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
Your remarks mirrored Clare Daly’s recent post on the matter.

I thought ‘largely symbolic’ was sufficient, but your details are better for the record.
izzythepush

Thu 18 Jan, 2024 11:28 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I thought ‘largely symbolic’ was sufficient,

I'm sorry, but it gives the impression the symbolic pressure was only applied to Israel while in reality it's Hamas as well.

In The Canary there's a story about a UK letter writing campaign to deregister Hamas as a terrorist organisation.

That's "largely symbolic" pressure only applied to Israel
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Jan, 2024 07:48 am
So, correct me if I’m wrong (I feel confident someone will), but France & Germany seem to be saying that since Jews suffered through the Holocaust, Israel may conduct a genocide if they choose. Furthermore, we can’t call it a genocide.

Have I got that right?
Glennn

Fri 19 Jan, 2024 09:15 am
@Lash,
Yes, you have that right. Israel is currently conducting war crimes against mostly women and children, and it would appear that a lot of people are conditioned to not offend them even when they're the ones doing the genocide. In fact, there's a poster on these forums whom, no matter what, will not say that Israel is committing war crimes. They're not allowed to criticize Israel in any meaningful way.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 19 Jan, 2024 10:04 am
@Glennn,
Lash wrote:
but France & Germany seem to be saying that since Jews suffered through the Holocaust, Israel may conduct a genocide if they choose. Furthermore, we can’t call it a genocide.

Have I got that right?

Glennn wrote:
Yes, you have that right.
Could you or one of you provide a link where "Germany seem to be saying that since Jews suffered through the Holocaust, Israel may conduct a genocide if they choose"?

Quote:
Furthermore, we can’t call it a genocide.
Well, neither France nor Germany actually have the right to prohibit what and how you call what.

In Germany - as far as a know - 'genocide' is used by its legal definition. (See here).

What is your source expressing that differently?
Glennn

Fri 19 Jan, 2024 10:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Could you or one of you provide a link where "Germany seem to be saying that since Jews suffered through the Holocaust, Israel may conduct a genocide if they choose"?

I'm sorry, walter. I should have made clear that what Lash said about what France and Germany seem to be saying also applies to the United States.

So, what is it you believe the U.S. France, Germany, etc. are saying when they allow Israel to conduct crimes against humanity unabated? Inaction speaks louder than words, doesn't it?

Why aren't they saying anything about the war crimes?
0 Replies