Hell no. Mo won't go.

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:14 pm
Uhhhh.... No.

Drama boy and I stuck close to home.

He beaned his best friend for screwing up the railroad and that caused a big commotion.

He was not prone to share.

Still, nothing like what happened earlier.

I take everything I read with a grain of salt and a dash of modification. This 1-2-3 thing seems really workable though. I like giving him the opportunity to reconsider - it seems to make him think about his behavior more than the typical time out stuff.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:19 pm
Quote:
He beaned his best friend for screwing up the railroad and that caused a big commotion.

But he just used his fist, right? No blunt instruments or deadly weapons?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:24 pm
Really he just pushed him down so not even fists!

To be honest, friend is a bit of a crybaby and Mo is intolerant of messing with the holy railroad so it was an equation for trouble.

But you know, still, not okay to push people around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:39 pm
Ahhhhh, the transition to words instead of fists...

I guess I don't think one is more legitimate than the other, some words wound badly.. but on this level .. I am wondering if people have written about using simple words, like "don't, that's ( )", instead of pummelling.

(Ignorant here, but I think use of words instead of physical power starts early..)
Not that boys shouldn't learn to deal with physical challenges, but that all challenge doesn't have to be, or should be, dealt with by blows.

Also, I presume the essence of bully behavior also starts early.
I don't personally know that much about it, but my ex admits to being a bully, pre teen. (Much the opposite for the decades I knew him).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 07:59 pm
Osso, Mo and I have talked extensively about the concept of bullies. Here the transition happened long ago but sometimes his baser instincts take over.

Usually Mo's rage is directed at me but those situations are getting fewer and fewer. There is a lot of things that he doesn't do anymore.

Once in a while though....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:02 pm
Boomerang--

Today his sacred cow was a railroad. With luck, his flocks and herds will increase to include Beauty, Truth and Justice.

I don't know about Little Girls, but Little Boys' egos get twined and woven around Wonderful Things.

Think of poor Eve with a very itchy fig leaf raising Cain and Abel. She didn't have A2K, either.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:20 pm
Geez, louise, a2k is a great help for a bunch of us, no?
0 Replies