Hell no. Mo won't go.

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 02:21 pm
What are you thinking, boomer? I was thinking like contact from biodad, at all (which will hopefully be avoided until August...) Were you thinking worse than that?

Not thinking in the sense of "this WILL happen," of course, but in the sense of "I sure hope this doesn't happen..."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
You might have a word in advance with Mo about disappointing other people by changing plans suddenly--or you might not.

Those license numbers will be very useful if an Amber alert is needed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:43 pm
I really don't know any particulars about what I'm worried about -- just that I feel worried.

Being blindsided with his bio-dad would be problematic but as far as simple contact I don't think it would hurt us legally at all.

I do worry about the dad seeing HIS SON and deciding to take him.

Bio-mom just sounded a little panicky. "Bio-dad is living with his friend L just outside of Xtown. That's out of state but not very far out of state. I asked B to please not tell him where I'm working." (B, the sister, wandered into bio-mom's workplace.)

She is still clearly frightened of him.

And he uses Mo to get to her if he thinks it will work.

He's a bit unpredictable.

I am not against Mo having contact with his bio-dad but I definately want to be there to mediate the encounter.

Mo hasn't yet learned our phone number but he knows the theory behind 9-1-1 and he knows that he can get on a city bus if he is ever lost and that the driver will help him. (Perhaps we'll practice getting on a city bus this week.) He also knows "My name is Mo X and I live with boomerang and Mr. B in our City, State" -- basic safety stuff.

I know if something like this ever did happen that he would be safe physically but that doesn't make it too much easier to not worry about.

I hadn't thought about the unused phone line being called - thinking it was probably a worng number. But this weird little flurry of stuff today is..... is..... is sending up some red flags.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
It sounds like you've done a great job preparing him for emergencies. That's about all you can do. Keep your ears up and listen to the little voice inside.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
May abduction be a passing fancy that is far too much trouble for the bio-dad to implement.

Was it this thread or another thread when someone suggested "Find a Mom" along with "Find a Policeman" as a instruction in a child's survival book? "Find a Mom" is a good idea.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:30 pm
A late flurry of rescheuling, unscheduling, re-re-scheduling, re-un-scheduling and re-re-re-scheduling has frayed my nerves but left me convinced that this band of fools couldn't plot their way out of a paper bag much less pull off something nefarious.

So I'm feeling a bit better, not as paranoid.

I did have to give up a big chunk of tomorrow - our one year legal custody anniversay though. That sucks but....

<sigh>

... as long as he starts the day here and ends the day here I can deal.

However, when I informed a very sleepy and telephone contantly ringing interrupted Mo about the change of plans - moving the visit up so that Grandma P would be picking him up tomorrow he balked.

"I'm going to kill the zoo."

"The tigers will eat me."

This from zoo-member Mo who goes to the zoo at least once a week without killing the zoo or being eaten by tigers.

We need a vacation.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:52 pm
Mo's "real parents" will ask you to organize the abduction and take pictures.

Better give Mo a tiger charm--good for all carnivores.

Late here on the east coast. Tomorrow will be better.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 05:30 am
Laughing That's a relief that they're bunglers. Good luck today with the visits boomer and little Mo. Hold his dominion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:46 am
The morning pick-up went off without a hitch!

We talked a lot before he left about what fun he had and I gave him a "charm" to bring home to me tonight.

I made sure Winnie was no longer in residence since first stop this morning is Grandma P's house and Winnie was a concern for Mo.

Finger's crossed.

So far, so good.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 11:27 am
Cool! Sounds like you did some great preparation.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:02 pm
Fingers crossed.

Safe-return charms are as powerful as a mother' kisses.

Boomer--

What are you doing for your self with this time off?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:16 pm
I've really had a lovely day so far.

I had a few "have to" and many "should have" things but I blew most of them off and went to the bookstore then treated myself to lunch at my favorite little Japanese place (just getting ready to start a thread about dining solo) now I'm back home and planning to sew the long awaited dog beds.

I dunnno..... I might take a nap.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 07:14 pm
Okay. He's home and he seems to have had a really good time.

What a relief.

I feel a little stupid about my paranoia.

But really, I have years worth of history to NOT trust these people from and only about six months of trust. Today was a big paver on the "trust" road.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 07:15 pm
Fantastic!!!

Trust but verify, ya know. It's your job to be paranoid. (The trick is to keep it in check...)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
Boomer, you're his mom.
Moms have to be paranoid.
It's part of the job.

<keeping it manageable and not too obvious to the kid are different parts of the job>

I'm a virtual auntie who's glad to hear Mo's home, and that you both had good days. Here's to an easy day tomorrow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:03 am
....and another point for the White Hat posse.

I'm glad that the stay-at-home cycle is cracking.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:12 am
I really don't know what I would do without Mo's online Aunties!

You are all wonderful and I know that Mo benefits from all of the advice and caring. You really help me think things through and I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:05 am
What great news, boomer! I'm so glad that Mo returned not only safely but happily. Here's to hoping that things continue on this path.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:18 am
Hear hear!

<relaxing now>
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:46 am
I've only just caught up with this but agree with the others - some things you have to hand out tough love and force the issue - dentists, doctors, school etc

Trips out are NOT in this category and if his instincts are not to go then he shouldn't and you handled it exactly right, a compromise that meant he saw Auntie but with you as security.

Your instincts should be listened to as well. Carry on with the being wary.

but delighted it all worked out ok
0 Replies