DATING SITE SCAM; EXPOSE OR NOT?

Mamae

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 01:28 am
Hello.

I recently acquired a job online and after a few days of working I found out that they are scamming vulnerable people specially the elderly ones through this dating site. In my heart I want to expose them but at the same time wary about the people who might lose this job if the scam is made known to the public. Let me know through the comments below if I should post this.

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 07:08 am
@Mamae,
I think you should.

So even put aside any moral/legal stuff. If you are concerned who will be hurt the most - the elderly for sure. They will not be in a position to make that money back - whereas an employee there could get another job

Now I am not sure the legal aspect - but if you know about this and are an active participant it would seem you could be in legal trouble yourself.

At the very least you should leave, but if you really want to do the right thing you should report them.

Also if this dating site gets found out - and if people start complaining about them they likely will maybe later rather than sooner - these people will lose their jobs any way. At least by reporting them - you will save anyone who is being scammed from now until this company is eventually found out.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 11:20 am
@Mamae,
Post it? No

Report to police? Yes.
Mamae

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 12:24 pm
@Linkat,
Thank you. I have quit working with them so it should be fine now. I posted it already.
0 Replies

Mamae

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 12:26 pm
@ehBeth,
I live in the other side of the world so am not sure where to report that. Sorry.
chai2

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 12:29 pm
@Mamae,
You don't know how to contact your police/law enforcement agency in the country you live in?

In any event folks, he spilled the beans about the entire process here.....

https://able2know.org/topic/548080-1#post-7004150

Don't know why he had to start this as a different topic.

I guess he wasn't sure how to just write it on this thread.

Good luck to you Mamae
Mamae

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 12:42 pm
@chai2,
I do know. I just don't want to trouble anyone on here for something that only american citizens are affected or victimized. I'm doing this because I think it's the right thing. Thanks by the way for pasting the link on here.
chai2

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 01:03 pm
@Mamae,
Mamae wrote:

I do know.

If you do know something, then don't say things like you're not sure.

How are people (especially me) supposed to trust anything you say is true if you can't be truthful about such a small thing as knowing how to contact your police?

So you quit your job, you vented here about them.
I'd guess that's all you really wanted to do.

Otherwise, you'd have done something.

The other people you worked with know it's a scam site too. If they lose their jobs, they'll find another one at the same type of place.

The people using this site know what the deal is. They're not that stupid.
Mamae

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 01:14 pm
@chai2,
I don't know what your deal is LOL. To be honest with you? No one really cares about this issue here in my country LOL so I don't want to waste my time reporting this to them. I'd rather just sit and eat pizza. Also, this website is operating in the US, eyeing american citizens. I just did what I think is right. I am not forcing anyone to trust me (especially you) nor I think people on here are stupid. Uggh I'm starting to regret being concerned to those victims for once LOL
Linkat

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 01:33 pm
@Mamae,
Mamae wrote:

I do know. I just don't want to trouble anyone on here for something that only american citizens are affected or victimized. I'm doing this because I think it's the right thing. Thanks by the way for pasting the link on here.

Posting it on here is NOT going to alert American citizens about a scam. This site does not compose of the entire American population but only a very small portion.

So you are unlikely to even let anyone know that has an interest in your site.

So basically you did nothing to rectify the situation.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 02:52 pm
@Mamae,
Mamae wrote:
Also, this website is operating in the US, eyeing american citizens.

advise the US consulate
chai2

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 03:11 pm
@ehBeth,
and why does he only want to alert American Citizens?

I guess Canadians can just go suck an egg eh?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 03:44 pm
@chai2,
errr she -per other threads she is a 25 year old woman

__

local experience suggests different locations target different countries so she could have been part of a US focused team. if it's reported, investigators can sort it out

__

best part of covid? no f'ing spam texts for over two months now! still some coming through by email, but the text ones, vamoose! my # must have been handled by a group that shut down
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 May, 2020 04:58 pm
@Mamae,
Mamae wrote:

Hello.

I recently acquired a job online and after a few days of working I found out that they are scamming vulnerable people specially the elderly ones through this dating site. In my heart I want to expose them but at the same time wary about the people who might lose this job if the scam is made known to the public. Let me know through the comments below if I should post this.

Trying making a report through Interpol.
https://www.interpol.int/en/Contacts/Contact-INTERPOL
0 Replies

Mamae

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 12:12 am
@Linkat,
Says the person who basically encouraged me to post it. LOL. Well, this is disappointing.
I might not able to alert a lot of people but at least I was able spread awareness to some. Who knows, it might be spread through the word of mouth.
The post has been deleted and I couldn't care less now. I feel relieved of doing what I need to do. Ciao
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 02:49 am
@Mamae,
You misunderstood me I meant for you to report it to the appropriate authorities. I misunderstood your meaning being posting it on this website
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 08:41 am
@Mamae,
Quote:
I feel relieved of doing what I need to do. Ciao.

That’s probably as good as it gets here.
All the best to you.
0 Replies

ella-mei

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2021 10:24 pm
Was this resolved? This is scary. How do we even know these dating sites have real profiles. Please let us know which site. Thanks!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 10:49 pm
@ella-mei,
The OP hasn't posted again since 13 May 2020. It's unlikely he'll never return. That's the nature of this forum (statistically speaking).
0 Replies

rastarr

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 08:08 pm
@Mamae,
you should think of the ramifications to you first.
If there are none, then do what your heart feels is the right thing.
But do make sure you have your facts straight as well as being 100% sure your accusations are indeed correct. And hopefully, you can back up your claims with proof
0 Replies