WHY I FEEL SORRY FOR THE CONSERVATIVES/TORIES

oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 05:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
FM, put that troll down, you don't know where it's been. Now go wash your hands.

Posting facts that progressives dislike doesn't make someone a troll.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 05:27 pm
@ehBeth,
@ehBeth,
Shame on you. When you can't come up with an intelligent reply, it is better for you to keep your mouth shut than to engage in childish insults.
oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
@farmerman,
The fact that you are not capable of making an intelligent argument does not justify your false accusations and childish insults.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 05:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
That OK with me because youve never ever "attained" a rank of anything remotely resembling "CREDIBILITY".

I find Coldjoint completely credible.

I don't however find you very credible however. Your false accusations and childish insults are no substitute for an intelligent argument.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 08:47 pm
oralloy said:
Quote:

On This Day in 1964, Democrats Filibustered the Civil Rights Act

June 10, 1964, was a dramatic day in the United States Senate. For the first time in its history, cloture was invoked on a civil rights bill, ending a record-breaking filibuster by Democrats that had consumed fifty-seven working days. The hero of the hour was minority leader Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Ill.).

On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.
Grand Old Partisan reported, via DANEgerus:

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.

Michael Zak wrote about this in his book Back to Basics for the Republican Party and reminds us that Democrats, the party of Slavery, Secession, Segregation and the KKK… fought against equality.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/06/on-this-day-in-1964-democrats-filibustered-the-civil-rights-act/
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:09 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

oralloy said:
Quote:

On This Day in 1964, Democrats Filibustered the Civil Rights Act

June 10, 1964, was a dramatic day in the United States Senate. For the first time in its history, cloture was invoked on a civil rights bill, ending a record-breaking filibuster by Democrats that had consumed fifty-seven working days. The hero of the hour was minority leader Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Ill.).

On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.

Grand Old Partisan reported, via DANEgerus:

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.

Michael Zak wrote about this in his book Back to Basics for the Republican Party and reminds us that Democrats, the party of Slavery, Secession, Segregation and the KKK… fought against equality.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/06/on-this-day-in-1964-democrats-filibustered-the-civil-rights-act/

That's a one sided telling. Democrats first proposed the bill. Some southern Democrats filibustered it to no avail. It was passed bipartisan. In the years since then, the KKK and the like became Republicans and remained Republicans. Which does not excuse both parties from letting the people down until both parties have become garbage.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Actually , Strom Thurmond, a outh Carolina Fair Weather Democrat, led the Filibuster. Then , after the Civil Rights Act was signed , He and the Dixiecrat contingent left the Democrat Party and Became Republican
History has re assembled the Racist cohorts of US's political system
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:20 pm
The Racist Roots of Gun Control

JIM CROW LAWS WERE THE FOUNDATION OF GUN CONTROL IN AMERICA—AND THE KU KLUX KLAN WAS AMERICA’S FIRST GUN CONTROL GROUP

Before the Civil War, the great anti-slavery writer Lysander Spooner used the Second Amendment to argue that slavery was unconstitutional. Since a slave is a person who cannot possess arms, and the Second Amendment guarantees that all persons can possess arms, no person in the United States, therefore, can be a slave. “The right of a man ‘to keep and bear arms,’ is a right palpably inconsistent with the idea of his being a slave,” Spooner wrote.

On the other hand, in the infamous Dred Scott decision, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney announced that free blacks were not citizens; if they were, he warned, free blacks would have the right “to keep and carry arms wherever they went.”

Immediately after the Civil War, Southern states enacted Black Codes, designed to keep the ex-slaves in de facto slavery and submission. Mississippi’s provision was typical: No freedman “shall keep or carry fire-arms of any kind, or any ammunition” without police permission. In areas where the Ku Klux Klan took control, “almost universally the first thing done was to disarm the negroes and leave them defenseless,” recounted the civil rights attorney Albion Tourgée, who represented Plessy in Plessy v. Ferguson. The Ku Klux Klan was America’s first gun control group, as well as America’s first domestic terrorist organization.

Congress responded with the Freedman’s Bureau Act, insisting that “the constitutional right to bear arms, shall be secured to and enjoyed by all the citizens.” Congress followed up with the Civil Rights Act, and the Fourteenth Amendment, to ensure that no state could ever again violate the civil rights of Americans.

Repeatedly the congressional proponents of the Fourteenth Amendment announced that a key purpose of the Amendment was to guarantee that freedmen could exercise their Second Amendment right to own guns for self-defense, especially against gun control organizations such as the KKK. Senator Samuel Pomeroy (R-Kan.) explained the three “indispensable” “safeguards of liberty under our form of government”: the sanctity of the home; the right to vote; and “the right to bear arms…[so] if the cabin door of the freedman is broken open and the intruder enters…then should a well-loaded musket be in the hand of the occupant to send the polluted wretch to another world.”

Reconstruction and the Fourteenth Amendment forced Southern states to repeal laws explicitly forbidding blacks to have guns. So the white supremacist legislature in Tennessee enacted the 1871 “Army and Navy” law, barring the sale of any handguns except the “Army and Navy model.” The ex-Confederate soldiers already had their high-quality Army and Navy guns. But cash-poor freedmen could barely afford lower-cost, simpler firearms not of the Army and Navy quality.

Many Southern states followed Tennessee’s lead, with facially neutral laws banning inexpensive guns, or requiring permits to own or carry a gun. As one Florida judge explained, the laws were “passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers . . . [and] never intended to be applied to the white population.” (Watson v. Stone, Florida, 1941).

Jim Crow laws became the foundation of gun control in America. These laws spread north in the early decades of the twentieth century, aimed primarily at immigrants (Italians and Jews in New York City) or labor agitators (California), or in response to blacks having defended themselves against race riots (Missouri and Michigan).

In the 1950s and 1960s, a new civil rights movement arose in the South. White supremacist tactics were just as violent as they had been during Reconstruction. Blacks and civil rights workers armed for self-defense.

John Salter, a professor at Tougaloo College and chief organizer of the NAACP’s Jackson Movement during the early 1960s, wrote, “No one knows what kind of massive racist retaliation would have been directed against grass-roots black people had the black community not had a healthy measure of firearms within it.”

Civil rights professionals and the black community generally viewed nonviolence as a useful tactic for certain situations, not as a moral injunction to let oneself be murdered on a deserted road in the middle of the night. As the 1959 NAACP national convention resolved, “We do not deny but reaffirm the right of individual and collective self-defense against unlawful assaults.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., agreed, supporting violence “exercised in self-defense,” which he described “as moral and legal” in all societies; he noted that not even Gandhi condemned it.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/racist-roots-gun-control/
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:26 pm
@oralloy,
you feelin lonesome tonight ? you can join pinky and get laid . He knows a home delivery Hooker service.

Whther you do or do not find me "credible" is of no concern to me, you never really say anything anyway other than to incessantly recite your masturbatory mantras
oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:28 pm
@farmerman,
As previously noted, your inability to say anything intelligent doesn't justify your childish name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:32 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
In areas where the Ku Klux Klan took control, "almost universally the first thing done was to disarm the negroes and leave them defenseless," recounted the civil rights attorney Albion Tourgee, who represented Plessy in Plessy v. Ferguson. The Ku Klux Klan was America's first gun control group, as well as America's first domestic terrorist organization.

I agree. There is a lot of overlap between the KKK and the gun control movement.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
Whatever you feel, you have my best wishes.
oralloy

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:35 pm
@farmerman,
Replying to you makes me feel bored. I prefer replying people who can communicate intelligently.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 09:37 pm
@oralloy,
well by all mans , get some sleep.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:57 pm
@farmerman,
Before the Democrats ceded the south to the Republicans they had a coalition of virtually every political stripe. Lots of southern politicians aped the party line but gave their people the conservative leadership they demanded.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 07:45 am
I'm thinking we should rename this virus the conservavirus. I mean it's gonna kill off the elderly (the Republicans have been opposed so Social Security for the last 85 years), people in prison, or jail, even if they haven't been to trial, and the homeless. It's a win-win-win for conservatives!
coldjoint

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 10:37 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I'm thinking we should rename this virus the conservavirus.

I am thinking you have said a lot of stupid things but this one is special. A virus is apolitical. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

As far as people in prison Democrats are letting them out because of this virus and they are killing and raping people after release. The homeless, SF is housing and supplying them with liquor, cigarettes and drugs. Of course, in SF Democrats are in charge.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 03:03 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

Darn it Set I thought from the title you might be talking about our very own Canadian bunch. Is there no one who can make Andrew Scheer STFU ?

I laughed fairly hard today when DoFo praised the Liberal feds AGAIN !! during his daily press conference. Scheer must be totally shitting.

Good press conference. First I shouted at DoFo and then he made me laugh. Encouraging that all the emotions still work.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 03:04 pm
@oralloy,
No insult. Just trying to explain to the fellows why they shouldn't toy with you for entertainment.

oralloy

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 09:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Wrong. Falsely accusing me of being mentally disabled is an insult because you can not come up with any rebuttal to my claims.

Those people wouldn't be capable of toying with me if their lives depended on it. At the most they might imagine that they are toying with me, but that's merely the Dunning-Kruger effect in overdrive.
0 Replies