Trump, be a leader, not a blamer.

coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
WAIT A MINIT, what about all the coal jobs he was gonna bring back.

He did bring a lot of them back. No one is perfect. If he can bring back more he will.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 04:41 pm
@farmerman,
Let alone the fact that the oil industry has been squeezing us for billions in more than twenty years increasing record profits. If they haven't been saving up for this, well screw them. NO MONEY FOR BIG OIL.

If they somehow fail the market and infrastructure is still there, another group will buy them out and sell us over priced gasoline.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump claimed that he brought back 45000 coal jobs. Check this out and show me where are these 45000 jobs . I know at 2 mine complexes in W Va, an additional 250 minrs were laid off. WHY??? frack gas has taken over the need for coal,
On top of that, thoe "Miner" jobs dont even xist anymore. "pillar robbing metallurgical coal (was being sent to China from W Va and Wyoming mines) are all in need of mining ENGINEERS , not miners. We have autonymous mining machines that are controlled from 2 guys in the mine and others on top.

Trump lied to PA minrs who , when Trump realized he fucked up by promising a "Coal comeback" which didnt, he then borrowed Hillary's mantra about RETRAINING. But Trumps base in SCranton And Wilkes Barre is still so strong that none of the miners signed up for retraining.
Menwhile, I was part of a retraining team that turned about 50 younger miners into Ground water monitor and gas well service techs while they "waited for coal to com back" Even though gas has tanked, these kids still are working because they have to maintain environmental compliance.

WHATEVER TRUMP SAYS ABOUT COAL"S COMEBACK IS A GODDAM LIE , you find the real number of mining jobs this phony has created and see how many werent just seasonal. Obama's Bumines and th coal states would be responsible for about 1500 jobs a YEAR until frack gas began eating into the remaining coal .The only coal left is for coking (metallurgical grade) but thats being pushed out of marketability by plasma arc furnaces, and power plants (but even those are being switched to frack gas.
So if Trump can take credit for more than , say 2000 jobs in his whole regime time (Ill even give you the area of the whole country ), I will apologize. Otherwise , you apologize to me. (We will use Bumines annual tally as final) NO FOX OR MSNBC)
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:38 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Trump claimed that he brought back 45000 coal jobs. Check this out and show me where are these 45000 jobs . I know at 2 mine complexes in W Va, an additional 250 minrs were laid off. WHY??? frack gas has taken over the need for coal,
On top of that, thoe "Miner" jobs dont even xist anymore. "pillar robbing metallurgical coal (was being sent to China from W Va and Wyoming mines) are all in need of mining ENGINEERS , not miners. We have autonymous mining machines that are controlled from 2 guys in the mine and others on top.

Trump lied to PA minrs who , when Trump realized he fucked up by promising a "Coal comeback" which didnt, he then borrowed Hillary's mantra about RETRAINING. But Trumps base in SCranton And Wilkes Barre is still so strong that none of the miners signed up for retraining.
Menwhile, I was part of a retraining team that turned about 50 younger miners into Ground water monitor and gas well service techs while they "waited for coal to com back" Even though gas has tanked, these kids still are working because they have to maintain environmental compliance.

WHATEVER TRUMP SAYS ABOUT COAL"S COMEBACK IS A GODDAM LIE , you find the real number of mining jobs this phony has created and see how many werent just seasonal. Obama's Bumines and th coal states would be responsible for about 1500 jobs a YEAR until frack gas began eating into the remaining coal .The only coal left is for coking (metallurgical grade) but thats being pushed out of marketability by plasma arc furnaces, and power plants (but even those are being switched to frack gas.
So if Trump can take credit for more than , say 2000 jobs in his whole regime time (Ill even give you the area of the whole country ), I will apologize. Otherwise , you apologize to me. (We will use Bumines annual tally as final) NO FOX OR MSNBC)

Trump is a Master BS Artist...."Trump lies" is not news.

On the other hand this Trump Groupie from 9.10.15 has claimed from early 2016 that Trump is one of the most honest guys to come down the pike in a long time. I also say the he is one of if not the best politician of his generation.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Let alone the fact that the oil industry has been squeezing us for billions in more than twenty years increasing record profits. If they haven't been saving up for this, well screw them. NO MONEY FOR BIG OIL.

If they somehow fail the market and infrastructure is still there, another group will buy them out and sell us over priced gasoline.

Oil companies are deferring maintenance on refineries, which will result in more refinery fires and eventually massive fuel shortages that will hammer America and this economy yet again, probably when we are already in a depression.

I demand a better plan.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:45 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
WAIT A MINIT, what about all the coal jobs he was gonna bring back.

He did bring a lot of them back. No one is perfect. If he can bring back more he will.

I love how the same people who scream that Trump is a moron and a weak leader also claim that Trump is such an all powerful guy that if he did not do something is has to be because he is a liar...he could have done it if he had wanted to.

Intellectual honesty is so out of style.... this is in fact one of the most important reasons for why we are watching the West Die.

Decency as well is hard to find, particularly among The Failed Intelligentsia.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Trump can take credit for every job he created. And I will not apologize for disagreeing with you because each job (just 1) keeps someone or a family fed.
Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 08:13 pm
It cracks me up that Hawkeye claims to be a leftist. Yeah . . . right . . . don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 09:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Please don't be a naysayer. America is still the most powerful nation on earth and the guardian of universal values for which most nations also embrace. Yet America's failure-Trump's fault- to lead the campaign in fighting against Covid-19 has eroded their trust of America's leadership or even its national capabilities. To make matters worse, the fact that Fox News, which claims to be the most-watched cable network in America, brooks no criticism of Trump and simply echoes Trump's gripes with glee, duh, has hurt its own reputation since such moves impinge on basic journalistic standards. That's why CNN is a household name worldwide, whereas foreigners tut-tut at the way Fox News ingratiates itself with Trump.

Could there be an ulterior motive behind Murdoch's support of Trump and hard-right conservatism? Murdoch, the current owner of Fox News who was born in Australia, may have been hired by another big nation with a view to destroying America and our freedoms. I think CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, Bloomberg , and BBC should look into this.

Merde! I seem to be talking like Sean Hannity.

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 09:28 pm
@goldberg,
Don't wander off into goofy conspiracy theories like so many of the conservatives here. I suspect that Rupert Murdoch simply forwards the agenda he prefers. I don't see him as the fool of someone more powerful.
goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 09:31 pm
@Setanta,
I was kidding.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 09:55 pm
@Setanta,
By the way, Murdoch tried to crack the Chinese market several years ago by dint of buying Star TV from the son of the richest man in Hong Kong: at the time, Star TV was the most popular TV channel in China. Yet his efforts to rack up gobs of profits from his Chinese operations had been scuppered by the Chinese government after Murdoch and his Star TV infuriated China by running a TV show featuring Taiwan's politics. Incensed, China badgered him to sell Star TV to a state-owned TV channel called Phoenix Television. Murdoch's investment in another Chinese TV channel was also a dud just like Star TV, despite having channeled his energies and wampum into its China's operations.

Faced with such harsh realities, Murdoch announced that he would sell all his assets in China and turn his attention to India instead.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:24 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Please don't be a naysayer. America is still the most powerful nation on earth and the guardian of universal values for which most nations also embrace. Yet America's failure-Trump's fault- to lead the campaign in fighting against Covid-19 has eroded their trust of America's leadership or even its national capabilities. To make matters worse, the fact that Fox News, which claims to be the most-watched cable network in America, brooks no criticism of Trump and simply echoes Trump's gripes with glee, duh, has hurt its own reputation since such moves impinge on basic journalistic standards. That's why CNN is a household name worldwide, whereas foreigners tut-tut at the way Fox News ingratiates itself with Trump.

Could there be an ulterior motive behind Murdoch's support of Trump and hard-right conservatism? Murdoch, the current owner of Fox News who was born in Australia, may have been hired by another big nation with a view to destroying America and our freedoms. I think CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, Bloomberg , and BBC should look into this.

Merde! I seem to be talking like Sean Hannity.

I speak the truth to the best of my ability, and I am not responsible for where the truth is...I am only responsible for my ability to recognize it.

Which I do much better than most.
Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You can't beat this place for unintentional comedy.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I call him "Nostradumass", because he acts like the big prognosticator and still, he couldn't tell if its raining outside his bathroom window.

I am a Truth Teller,,,,,a very highly educated one.....but thanks for playing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 11:08 pm
@coldjoint,
oh So its not his grandiose promises that turn out to be BS. My point was you believed he creted 45000 jobs .He created 2000 jobs of which more than 500 were then layed off as seasonal workers. Other layoffs that wxisted dont really matter to you. Obama never claimed a damn about "creating coal jobs" they just happened VERY YEAR. Then, every year, these same guys get laid off. Coal is still a cycle and ITS LOSING its place . Trump is hawking wagon wheels and stage coaches , and , like a good little weenie, you buy it all.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 11:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
My point was you believed he creted 45000 jobs

I never said that. You do not know what I believe, unless I tell you. Next.
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:22 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
Yet America's failure-Trump's fault- to lead the campaign in fighting against Covid-19 has eroded their trust of America's leadership or even its national capabilities.

Don't be silly. It's hardly Mr. Trump's fault that Joe Biden disrupted the government with a frivolous impeachment during the first month of the pandemic.
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha . . .
You can't beat this place for unintentional comedy.

I didn't see anyone point out any errors in his posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:25 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I call him "Nostradumass", because he acts like the big prognosticator and still, he couldn't tell if its raining outside his bathroom window.

Your childish name-calling is inappropriate in a civilized conversation.