Trump, be a leader, not a blamer.

goldberg

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:47 am
@goldberg,
it's just piffle to say either China or America is to blame for the impending crisis in a globalized world, in which free movement of people or even goods boosts international trade and promotes understanding. At the same time, it also spawns many risks associated with globalization, say, the transmission of diseases from one nation to another through international travel.

An America researcher sounded the alarm about the potential threat of a full-scale global pandemic in her first book back to the 90s when Bush was still the president. To his credit, Bush accepted some of her suggestions and started taking preventive measures designed to insulate America from the onslaught of such diseases. Yet Trump and his stooges changed tack after Trump became the president.They simply slashed or even nixed funding for related research programs: some labs were closed, including the one in China; some top-tier scientists-including some Chinese Americans- working in this field even left America for China after Trump's supporters accused them of colluding with China.

Trump could have done more to help America fend off the attack of Covid-19 as the president- who's supposed to have the obligation to protect every citizen regardless of his or her political leanings; but he chose to let partisanship get the better of national solidarity, eliding his critics' admonitions, calling Covid-19 a hoax.

Notwithstanding his decision to ban international travel, his intransigence and non-committal attitude misled lots of Americans when cases related to Covid-19 began surfacing in America. Trump's supporters even pooh-poohed the notion that it's critical for people to wear masks during this crisis, on the grounds that Trump said on Fox News that he" is not going to be wearing it."

Anyway, I still reckon that it's time for nations to work together instead of tussling with each other over the origin of Covid-19. There is just no way for mankind to give such viruses a wide berth, to the extent that we still have airplanes flying in the sky and tourists traveling around. And you still can't be safe even a nation reverts to embracing isolationism, say, you ban international travel , curb free movement of people or simply close your borders with other nations altogether. What about birds flying in the sky? Do they have national identities? Do we have to kill all the wild animals for safety purposes? What about pets like cats and dogs?

I know it sounds horrid, but we can't rule it out if more leaders like Trump want to build a wall. Could it be another Berlin Wall? I don't know. It's just nesh for a president like Trump to do this given America's military might and economic clout. Doing this would only emasculate America's standing and jeopardize its relations with even other Western nations. I remember hearing that even the Wall Street Journal's columnists support free trade, in spite of their invective against liberal values.

Who's afraid of capitalism? Trump? Putin?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:04 am

https://i.imgur.com/sjQZxPz.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:24 am
@Region Philbis,
The deaths are a faulty skewed number. The death count is still under the lowest estimate. The virus is not Trump's fault. He acted early while the Democrats pursued impeachment.

His popularity is well within what he needs for re-election, and the Democratic candidate is senile. Did I miss anything? Another fail for you.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 03:41 pm
@coldjoint,
the GOP candidate is a narcissistic psycho druggie. I wish hed stop sniffing like Al Pacino
coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
the GOP candidate is a narcissistic psycho druggie.

He is not senile. He may be a lot of things but senile is not one of them.

Exactly what drug is he on, besides caffeine?
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:02 pm
@coldjoint,
What causes his speech to slur and become totally whacked out when hes on one of his Castro imitations.??
coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What causes his speech to slur

Let's have an example. I do not recall any huge amount of slurring.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 05:15 pm
@coldjoint,
you didnt har him tody then did you?? He was hilarious

coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:32 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

I see, you can't be bothered finding a video. I did not watch him today. I guess you will have to show me.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:45 pm
@coldjoint,
If you dont watch your hero , you wont know the depth of his genius.
I just watch him for his sniffing coupled with his rambling slurred speech.

coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If you dont watch your hero

You don't?
Quote:

Sounds like you did.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

If you dont watch your hero , you wont know the depth of his genius.
I just watch him for his sniffing coupled with his rambling slurred speech.

I always enjoy seeing his upper plate slip...You have to hand it to him, he gets it back in place quickly. He'd might not be as nimble as George W. Bush ducking those shoes thrown at him ( I was impressed with his reflexes)...but he's old, fat, filled with resentment, and those bone spurs make him lumber on and off the podium for his daily airing of grievances and character assassinations. I wish one of his children would have taken away the keys, But we know why they didn't..too much money to be made.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 11:14 am
@glitterbag,

Quote:
I always enjoy seeing his upper plate slip..

What kind of denture paste do you use?
Quote:
for his daily airing of grievances and character assassinations.

Sounds more like the MSM and Twitter hacks than Trump. He is only responding in kind. And he is winning that battle handily.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 11:28 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Sounds more like the MSM and Twitter hacks than Trump. He is only responding in kind. And he is winning that battle handily.

When Trump was asked how people can go back to work when school still isn't in session and day cares are still not open, he went on a 6 min rant about Iran.

Six minutes.

About IRAN.

Didn't actually answer the original question but who ******* cares anyway, right???
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 11:40 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Didn't actually answer the original question but who ******* cares anyway, right???

What politician does?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 12:23 pm
@neptuneblue,
Hes a maniac and an evil treasonous minded putz. Hes busy campaigning and playing Nero
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 12:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
treasonous

Laughing Laughing Laughing Obama was the traitor, and still is.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 12:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Blathan asked us to be friendly when idiots post bull shyt on this site so I am going to just quietly ignore the last post.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 02:41 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Blathan asked us to be friendly when idiots post bull shyt

I don't blame him. The bullshit he posts. You go right ahead and humor him.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:22 am
@goldberg,
I originally posted this on another website heaving with Chinese nationalists, hoping to dispel the idea that Trump is the voice of America. And I think it's time for nations to work together as a team to combat Covid-19 rather than sowing the seeds of hatred.

If you are visiting the website of Fox News, which has been a staunch supporter of Trump, you will find headbangers like Tucker Carson and Ben Shapiro prattling on about Trump's handling of Covid-19 while rebuking China for failing to raise awareness about the threat of this virus at the outset. Most visitors of that website simply concur, opting to slur over the fact that it was Trump calling Covid-19" a hoax" since inception when asked to ponder over the effects of this virus on America and its economy. And Trump reportedly proclaimed that " everything is fine."

Fanned by Fox News' negative coverage of China, antagonism towards China is also growing on Fox News and its website, with some news anchors and TV viewers of Fox news throwing shade at China, calling on Trump's administration to boycott Chinese goods or even declare war on China just like some visitors of this forum, darn, who charge that America wants to use this virus as a weapon to puncture the so-called Chinese dream.

At the same time, this forum is also suffused with hostility towards America or some Western nations and their media outlets that are determined to side with America in this crisis, despite being galled by Trump's lackadaisical approach in combing Covid-19. And just like some visitors bent on assailing America here, some Western journalists working at Spectator- a British conservative magazine, and Bild-a national newspaper in Germany-have been derogating China with gusto, so much so that they even suggest Western nations should seek reparation. " China has to pay a price for this," writes a fatso named Stephen Daisley on Spectator's website. He is is a Scottish journalist according to his profile.

Ironically, some visitors here have the same feeling; they feel enmity towards Western nations, particularly America. And they keep grousing about and pushing back against Trump and his lickspittles' criticisms of China, refusing to admit that Trump and his fan base only speak for themselves; it's not public opinion. Above all, liberals and moderates in America also take aim at Trump's policies, using social media platforms or mainstream media outlets to take a swipe at Trump. Exasperated, conservatives even call them sympathisers of China and skewer them with a fusillade of personal insults and taunts. You just can't realize that they are all Americans simply by reading their scurrilous comments and invective against liberals.
In my book, a crisis like this one is supposed to give us pause: it just shows us how vulnerable we are when we are faced with a health crisis regardless of your social status; it also teaches us the need to put in place draconian sanitary standards and ameliorate living conditions for the indigent in both developed and developing nations. Somehow, that may not be the case today because lots of people are using this crisis as a chance to accentuate their jaundiced view that plurality or globalisation is also a hoax in the words of Trump; instead, they are attuned to kvelling over either nativism or exceptionism. And some folk even argue that racial bias is condoned because that's what set them apart.

Alas, can't they realize that we are on the same boat called earth? No one is safe when nations start getting embroiled in another global war. Do you think you can nuke another big nation having nuclear weapons without scathe like characters from Marvel Comics? Do you think you can simply annihilate another big nation simply by sending drones or robots to attack it? It sounds zany since such trigger-happy people seem to think that they have TRANSFORMERS fighting for them; Japan has Ultraman; China has Kungfu masters who are even able to fly in some Hong Kong Kungfu flicks.

It's just galling that these wrathful souls simply can't realize that another global war only begets nothing but famine, poverty, class antagonism, racial animus, and incessant military showdowns between the oppressor and the oppressed. No nation and its social and economical system will be able to survive without being upset by a calamity like this even after winning the war. And even America can't be an invincible exploiter in a situation like this because it also has to tackle its own social schism. Just ask CNN and Fox news if you think that's a joke.

Altogether, we will sink together as members of earth when we try to rock the boat instead of navigating the treacherous shoals of nationalism. That's a stark choice facing every citizen living on this planet.