Trump, be a leader, not a blamer.

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:34 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
It would be wrong to use the word progressive to refer to liberals collectively,

It is just the opposite. It is wrong to call them liberals. People on the right are more deserving of the label "liberal" than people on the left are.

goldberg wrote:
inasmuch as Britain has the progressive Conservatism espoused by some members of the Conservative Party. Would you call them progressives?

I am not very familiar with British politics.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:37 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
Joe Biden is not even a progressive right now.

He tries to violate people's civil liberties for fun just as much as progressives do.

goldberg wrote:
Don't forget that Trump used to be a Democrat.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/16/donald-trump-changed-political-parties-at-least-fi
The Washington Times is a conservative newspaper, mind you.

The important thing is that he protects the nation from progressives.

All else is secondary.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:44 am
@oralloy,
My Trump! Don't you know that conservatism is a child of the Enlightenment just like liberalism? I mean liberals and conservatives are sympathetic to some shared values. I'm talking about traditionalist conservatism, not neonconservatism or the alt-right.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:47 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
My Trump!

Your Trump??

goldberg wrote:
Don't you know that conservatism is a child of the Enlightenment just like liberalism? I mean liberals and conservatives are sympathetic to some shared values.

And leftist ideology is contrary to those values.

Thus my comment that people on the right are more deserving of the label "liberal" than people on the left are.

goldberg wrote:
I'm talking about traditionalist conservatism, not neonconservatism or the alt-right.

It's all conservatism. The flavors are just slightly different.
goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:53 am
@oralloy,
My Trump was a joke just like another expression my foot! I coined it for fun. I'm no fan of Trump.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:56 am
@oralloy,
It's NOT THE SAME. YOU COULD READ some books written by Roger Scruton if you fancy finding out the true meaning of conservatism.
goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:03 am
@oralloy,
Lots of conservative scribes abominate Trump and Trump's wickedness, including George Will and Charles Krauthammer. Peggy Noonan, who's another conservative columnist, says President Trump’ is “weak and sniveling" .
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:09 am
@goldberg,
You’re wasting your time, Oralloy is incapable of reason. Despite how reasoned and well sourced your argument is all you’ll get from him are flat denials and claims to be super intelligent.

He’s also fantasised about urinating on the bodies of children killed in mass school shootings.

He’s like Gollum with all the warm fuzzy bits removed as imagined by David Cronenburg.

You have better things to do, and nobody takes him seriously anyway.

I put him on ignore this year and I only wish I’d done it when I first got here.
goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:14 am
@goldberg,
Trump may be crying. He can't find his babysitter Melania Trump. No worries, kid. Let me build a wall to insulate you from the attack of Covid-19. It's going to be HUGEGGGGG and classy just like China's Great Wall.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:17 am
@izzythepush,
I see. I was thinking I could reason with him. Anyway, I will do what I'm told to do. Ta.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:51 am
@goldberg,
I’m not telling you what to do, I’m just giving some advice that’s all.
goldberg

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
I know, I know. Actually, I'm going to be spending several weeks reading more novels. Take care and have fun here.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:30 am
@goldberg,
You too.

What sort of novels do you like?
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
...I’m just giving some advice that’s all.

Good advice.
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:00 am
In Ontario, the conservatives are called the Progressive Conservatives, which used to be true of all Canadian conservatives. More interesting, Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., a life-long Republican and the 26th President of the United States and his successor, William Howard Taft, a Republican and the 27th President of the United States, as well as Henry Cabot Lodge, the Republican leader in the Senate and Senate Majority Leader from 1918 to 1924--were all considered progressives, and were all considered radicals by other Republicans. When Roosevelt ran against Taft and Woodrow Wilson (a racist and the most dictatorial president in American history) in 1912, Roosevelt called his party the Progressive Party. Oralloy, of course, never gives convenience to inconvenient truths, and for him, civil liberties are summed up by those who are anti-gun control. He's pretty much a one trick pony in that regard.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You’re wasting your time, Oralloy is incapable of reason

You are gossiping. You do not have the integrity, or the brains, to confront those who disagree with you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:58 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
It's NOT THE SAME.

Ruby and maroon are not the same either. But they are both shades of the same color.

goldberg wrote:
YOU COULD READ some books written by Roger Scruton if you fancy finding out the true meaning of conservatism.

The words "the true meaning of" sounds a lot like one faction saying that they are the true believers and the other factions are heretics.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:59 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
Lots of conservative scribes abominate Trump and Trump's wickedness, including George Will and Charles Krauthammer. Peggy Noonan, who's another conservative columnist, says President Trump is "weak and sniveling".

Inter-factional fighting is often silly like that.

You can see similar things here on a2k when various progressive factions squabble with each other.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You’re wasting your time, Oralloy is incapable of reason.

Your inability to point out any flaws in my reasoning shows otherwise.

izzythepush wrote:
Despite how reasoned and well sourced your argument is all you’ll get from him are flat denials and claims to be super intelligent.

Wrong again. I point out that you are factually wrong because you are factually wrong. The fact that you are wrong 100% of the time is your failing not mine.

I end up discussing my intelligence with you because you always change the subject to my intellect since you are incapable of addressing whatever subject is under discussion.

You really shouldn't blame me for your own shortcomings.

izzythepush wrote:
He’s also fantasised about urinating on the bodies of children killed in mass school shootings.

No I haven't.

izzythepush wrote:
You have better things to do, and nobody takes him seriously anyway.

In addition to you committing yet another logical fallacy (this time it's appeal to the crowd), and in addition to the fact that you are lying again, it's really pretty childish of you to act this way just because I always run rings around you in a debate.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:01 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
I see. I was thinking I could reason with him.

You can. But if you are wrong about something, sometimes I will point it out.
0 Replies