A Parlour for a Plague

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 07:34 am
@Borat Sister,
Sets mine on fire. Maybe it’s the alcohol.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 09:52 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

You do indeed!

What does witch hazel do for your butt?

Cleansing and astringent equals no hemorrhoids, ever. It doesn't burn, it feels marvelous, cleansing and refreshing.

I had 2 bouts of rhoids years back, and they were #2 on my top 2 list of painful things I've been through. #1 or e-coli if that gives you any idea.

I will Never, Ever, joke about them.

Witch hazel doesn't have alcohol in it as far as I know. Just witch hazel.

I think a lot of people would have better attitudes if they used witch hazel.
Borat Sister

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 07:46 pm
@chai2,
Goodness me. How helpful
chai2

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 08:32 pm
@Borat Sister,
Ok, probably tmi, but funny.

There's been at least 3 people who I have suggested using witch hazel.

1 is my bff, which since we have discussed every bodily function ever with each other, is no surprise.

2 is Steve Q, BVT, Bi-polar bear

3 was the woman checking me out at the drug store, who asked me what it was for. I see her all the time at the Walgreens.

All 3 of them, in so many words later told me "HOLY ****!!! WHY HAS NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS BEFORE!!!!????"

Yeah, it's that good.

Put it on your shopping list.
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 10:21 am
@chai2,
ok I'm sure this isn't the best thread to post this in. But I saw this while drinking my first cuppa, and spewed coffee on my screen.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/115833356_10220147605135069_8737062037841478693_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=ctkc89b5QRQAX_QDKRW&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=67ed24640eb5e6d63faddfff93ceb04a&oe=5F3B62F5
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 03:58 pm
@chai2,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 03:59 pm
@chai2,
I shall. If I can remember

I had some once, but not for my bum.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 04:40 pm
I've used witch hazel in various ways. Instead of rubbing alcohol (which has always been an irritant to my nasal passages). Apply it to the scalp after a shave and occasionally to dry patches on the lower legs.

Additionally, witch hazel can be used as a friendly natural deodorant. I have used it this way myself and find it refreshing.
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 04:52 pm
@Sturgis,
It’s a miracle cure I tell ya!

Good for bug bites as well.

I should get some of that devils lettuce too.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 11:15 am
THIS is why I don't want to, and am in no way qualified to act as my own agent in either buying or selling a house.....

Been texting back and forth with my realtor this morning.

The NYC people are now asking for a one week extension to the closing date.

Why?

They are doing a one time construction close, because they are either going to have a major remodel, or tear down my house.

For whatever reason, the ordering of the contruction appraisal on their end wasn't done.

COVID, blah blah blah, delays because COVID, shortage of appraisers willing to work, COVID, banks dealing with work from home changes, COVID blah blah blah.

All of which leaves me in the precarious position that the person I'm buying my new house from may say FU. He's already balked at applying a credit for a broken sprinkle system head, like only $200.

He's accepted from me a lower offer, than the house was listed for, agreed to a longer than normal time between contract and closing, because NYC couple, COVID, blah blah blah.
He too is so over this I'm sure, and just wants to move on.
I don't blame him. I just want to move on too.

All sorts of figuring out extra deposits on everyone's end, Everything falling through, at best bad feelings and stress all around.

And here I sit with movers already scheduled, furniture purchased some scheduled for delivery day after move in, etc etc.
That part is no big deal to reschedule, but still.

Yeah, this is really above my pay grade, and what I pay someone else for.

All this was supposed to take place 21 days form now. Now they want to change it to 28.

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 06:40 pm
@chai2,
I have to say, having bought 4 places and sold three, that there always seems to be an allotted amount of Sturm und Drang attached to this process.

It’s unpredictable as to what it will be, but it seems to happen predictably

I know exactly the tension you are experiencing and I hope it resolves favourably for you.

You don’t need this.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 06:41 pm
@chai2,
Got any devil’s lettuce?
chai2

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:16 am
@Borat Sister,
Ha! That's funny.

My experience with weed is actually pretty sparse. Had a bad experience with some that seemed to be laced with something way back when I was, I dunno, 16? 17?
It made me shy away.

Then in my 2o's I smoked some with a boyfriend, but again I was a real wuss about it and couldn't take anything strong. So just didn't bother.

Now that it's becoming legal all over, I would totally start smoking it now. Now that I could walk into a place and explain my lack of tolerance etc, I'm sure it'd be relaxing and enjoyable.

Re the house, they're all working something out. The owner of the new place will need a longer lease back period because he can't leave until he knows it's a sure thing. I should know something by Monday.

It seems the man I'm buying from is agreeable if he can have that time, which of course he can.

I know where a lot of my talents lie, and real estate stuff isn't it. Confused

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 05:38 am
@Borat Sister,
Quote:
Got any devil’s lettuce?

I call it 'the plant of renown'. Never remember the chapter & verse but it says when the times start getting really bad here, God would send us one. Somewhere in Ezekiel I think. Anyway, weed gets my vote.

Ah, found it.

Ezekiel 34:29 KJV
[29] And I will raise up for them a plant of renown,
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:07 pm
Bleech.
My bitch for the day.

My temporary vehicle permit for Mexico expires in about 3 weeks.
They last 180 days, and are only something like $50. But, you have to pay a $400 deposit, which you get back on cancellation.
You can get a new one, as well as your temporary visa, online.

But, you have to cancel it in person, at the border, or you loose the deposit.

I already lost one deposit because it was right after Kirks death, so obviously not a priority.

So now, I have to drive 4 hours to the border, turn around right after crossing, go through this drive through station right before border where they scan, bang, boom, done in 30 seconds. Then you drive like an 1/4 mile and stop so the border guard can check you in with your passport and stuff.

It also looks suspicious when you come back into the US and the border guard looks and sees you were in the country for about 10 minutes.

chai2

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:37 pm
@chai2,
Here's a view of the border crossing.

https://smcorridornews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Laredo-Mexico-International-Bridge-2-Border-Crossing-Google-Earth-1000x660.jpg

The bridge at the top is where I always go into Mexico. Most people take that bigger bridge at the bottom, the lanes going to the left is going South. Mexico on the left side of the Rio Grande, US to the left.

Laredo on US side, Nuevo Laredo on Mexican side.

I take the smaller bridge going in because it's right by that building Aduana de Nuevo Laredo...the customs office which you can physically stop to get your temp visa and vehicle permit.
You might be in there 1/2 an hour, or 3 hours. I'm gonna be honest, this building is one that gives Mexico a bad name. It's hot, no A/C, all you do is stand in lines. It's an old building. Avoid the bathroom.

The lower bridge with all the cars is going back into the US.
Sometimes the gods smile at you, and you sit there 1/2 an hour in that line of cars.
Sometimes....not.

This is the first time I'm going to do the entry thing online, and avoid all that. It wasn't obvious before you can do it online. Maybe you couldn't, maybe you could. It's one of those myteries you learn not to ask about.

Someone I know in the US thought I was exaggerating or crazy when I said that every single time you go to the Aduana, they have someone altered the process, making it utterly confusing. On top of that, the employees look at you like "what do you mean it's different? No it's not." It is the best gas lighting I've ever seen.

Then, that person crossed over twice themselves, and "ohhhhh......yeah, I see what you mean"

Last time I went over, I went to get the vehicle permit. Generally, you have to go to Window 1, then Window 3, then Window 4 (never have figured out what Window 2 is about)
Got to Window 4, and was told I had to take my vehicle to the line outside. Ok.
Get to the head of that line, and the guy asks for a form.
What form?
You need the form.
Where do I get the form?
Window 4.

Go back inside, Window 4 tells me to go outside.
They told me to come back inside to you.
No, outside.
Me: Neutral Really, that's all you can do. If you show Rolling Eyes or Mad God help you.
No. Really, don't react beyond Neutral I have seen other gringos make that mistake. One can just stand looking at them feeling bad for them, but no getting involved because then you will live the rest of your life there.

While you're waiting to get back in the US, you're surrounded by this. I mean, they're just trying to make a few pesos. It's really amazing some of the stuff they are trying to sell.

https://breakawaybackpacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DSC00091-1.jpg

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:47 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
My bitch for the day.

That's prison talk, ain't it? The Top Dog makes his or her daily selection.

Sorry to read about this complicated process. One would think that in these modern times, it could be completely done online. Even use an electronic signature.

Also I'd be checking to see if either Mexico or U.S. has some kind of enforced quarantine.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 05:54 pm
@Sturgis,
I get why they want you to cancel the car permit in person.

That way they can keep the money if you miss the date.
I’ll bet it’s the same way on the US side.

For instance I went there in Feb to clear my head. When I was crossing back over into the US a week or so later, I thought “should I cancel?” And immediately thought “naw. I’m going to be coming back before mid August.”

Then of course a month later, COVID.

So, under normal circumstances, I would have gone again, and cancel that time.

I’m just glad I can get these online now, since in my crossing I’ll be traveling with 2 cats. Can’t leave them in the car while going in. Too hot.

Honestly? You just come to accept whatever happens with this stuff. Not so much of a bitch, but rather “ok then.”

For instance, my American friend who lives in Mexico was told that they were building a new Aduana closer to the other buildings you go through at the border. That was at least a year ago. In Feb I asked when the new place would be finished. The response was “What new place?”

It’s funny, because in quite a few ways the technology is way better, or utilized better than in the US. In other ways, you can feel like your back in the 1970’s.

It seems to boil down to how useful they find something. There are a number of times when I thought “why are we doing this?”

Don’t be sorry. I like to drive. It’s a day trip for me to get back my $400.

Borat Sister

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 06:03 pm
@chai2,
You must have a bladder of steel!