A Parlour for a Plague

chai2

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 11:46 am
I'm going house hunting with my realtor in a little while.
Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me.

Already had one buyer for my house back out because it was exactly when all this happened.
Now I've got another one, for much less money than the house was originally listed at, but still within what I need to buy a nice new place and have enough to live on.

Sturgis

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:31 pm
@chai2,
My hands were busy, so I crossed my toes.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 08:16 pm
@chai2,
Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 08:19 pm
Another 25 new cases in Victoria yesterday . This is the highest daily number for 2 months. Some restrictions have been tightened up again, and some that were going to be eased on Monday have been postponed for a few weeks.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 08:19 pm
@chai2,
hope you find something promising and comfy.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 10:58 pm
@chai2,
Crossing everything!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 10:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 02:46 pm
Just an FYI to anyone who uses PayPal

The other day I got a spam email saying my "account had been limited", and to click on the link in the email to access your info.

Don't click on it.
Contact the real PayPal to report them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 02:52 pm
@chai2,
I've probably gotten a thousand of those. If I ever have a doubt I go to their site and log on there.
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 03:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Right. That's what I did, contacted PP customer service.

I'm sure if I had clicked on the scam link, all my money would have poofed.

Since I sell on ebay, there's sometimes a good amount in there before I transfer it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 03:39 pm
@chai2,
You wouldn't think people would fall for these email scams, but it must happen a lot for it to go on year after year.
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 04:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Honestly?
In this case, I could have fallen for it except that I thought that PayPal would just send this notification without a more specific reason.

After thinking that, I looked at it more carefully. Nothing I could see looked odd except what I mentioned.
It was actually pretty convincing to me.

It looks just like the PP logo and link to the site.
Another thing that made me hesitate was that I keep a separate email for selling, and this was sent to my personal.

But you know, I may not have caught that. You know how you go through your emails and just deal with what comes up.
What with texting, the only stuff I get that is from friends of a personal nature is if they have to send me a file.
I'm right now getting a lot of emails from realtor, title company, until recently the VA, etc. It wouldn't have been that unusual to get something from PP.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 04:29 pm
spoof@paypal .com is where you contact Paypal to report a suspect message.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 10:39 pm
@chai2,
Any thoughts on House you looked at?
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 11:24 pm
@Borat Sister,
I put an offer in on it.
Bids closed on Sunday at 5pm.
I guess I’ll know soon.

The option period for my buyers ended on Sunday at 5pm also.

My realtor, Amy, has been trying to communicate with their realtor, Juanita, since Saturday.

I don’t get the feeling professionalism is that high in Juanita’s priorities. For instance, when I came back to my house after Juanita had shown the people my house, I immediately saw that a number of things were not as I left them.

If I have a door closed, light on or blinds a certain way, they need to be put back that way after showing.
I say this in connection to being kept up to date with the buyers and their commitment.

Fortunately Amy is really good and came highly recommended.

Yes. I really liked that house and hope to ha e good news soon.

If I get it, I’ll post some pictures from the listing site.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:31 am
@chai2,
eyes crossed for you ☘️
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:06 pm
@chai2,
Hoper hoping for you!

I would love to see pictures

If your possible buyers don’t close can you still go ahead?

Meanwhile my house actually brought me to tears today!

I have water leaking down an internal wall.

This house is three years old.

So far, had a fire from faulty installation of circuit board, water infiltration from shoddy air conditioning installation....the guy didn’t use proper cladding for pipes and corellas ate the cladding and chomped the rubber think that stops water going from roof into wall, which shouldn’t have been exposed, two floods...resulting from the incompetence of the people fixing house after the fire,the air conditioner has stopped working and today I found the leak.

At least the builder responded quickly and says he’ll send the roofing guy over. I am assuming this and air conditioner will be fixed under warranty.

I actually cried! I think I’m still fragile after burning out and the resultant court dramas...I still don’t have half my meagre payout and don’t know how much I will get back from the government after they taxed it up the wazoo...I have worked since I was 15 and am having to adjust to poverty...and the house keeps falling apart!

How’s that for a whinge. Sorry all.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:35 pm
@Borat Sister,
I sympathize. My retirement is no better, except I have grown children that take an interest.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:01 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

Meanwhile my house actually brought me to tears today!

I have water leaking down an internal wall.

This house is three years old.

So far, had a fire from faulty installation of circuit board, water infiltration from shoddy air conditioning installation....the guy didn’t use proper cladding for pipes and corellas ate the cladding and chomped the rubber think that stops water going from roof into wall, which shouldn’t have been exposed, two floods...resulting from the incompetence of the people fixing house after the fire,the air conditioner has stopped working and today I found the leak.

At least the builder responded quickly and says he’ll send the roofing guy over. I am assuming this and air conditioner will be fixed under warranty.

I actually cried! I think I’m still fragile after burning out and the resultant court dramas...I still don’t have half my meagre payout and don’t know how much I will get back from the government after they taxed it up the wazoo...I have worked since I was 15 and am having to adjust to poverty...and the house keeps falling apart!

Don't be sorry, that is awful.
I was first going to ask if you could sue the builders, but apparantly you're in that process.

I totally get your crying. I sure would.
Fragile, that's the word. There's times when we are just made of glass.

Re my situation. Sigh. Someone else made a higher bid.
I'll find something though.

Re the buyers of my house backing out. Their option period is over, so if they back out, they would loose 1% of the puchase price to me. That's a lot.
I mean, there are ways for them to get out of it, but it would have to be a very good reason, like suddenly loosing their financing or something.

I am buying my house for cash from the proceeds of selling the current one. So my closing date on a new house would be the day after they close on my current house and it become theirs.

They are moving here from out of state (New York City of all places) so they asked for some extra time to close. I'm fine with that as it gives me time to look.
However, as you can tell, good houses are snapped up quickly.
I saw the house I bid on online on I think Wed or Thursday, and it was sold by 5pm Sunday.
Fortunately I have a good idea of what I want, and where.
Bottom line, I have until Aug 10, so 7 weeks.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your house. I really feel for you.
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 03:14 am
@chai2,
Thank you.

Sometimes all you need is a bit of empathy.

I don’t need to sue builder unless the warranty work isn’t done. I couldn’t afford it anyway! I guess I’d have to see what my insurance covers.

Edgar, my retirement should be fine once the dust settles and I learn how to live on the reduced income. Hopefully I’ll find some sort of work.

I own the house, which is a major plus, if it stops falling apart!

Chai, are you likely to have to find a rental in between houses? I had to do that before buying this one, for 8 months.