A Parlour for a Plague

glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:52 pm
@Setanta,
One of my favorite scenes in 'The Life of Brian' is where Brian approaches a small group of people talking together and asks "Are you the Peoples Front of Judea?" and John Cleese spits out "Nooo, we are not the Peoples Front of Judea, we are the Judean Peoples Front"......It perfectly describes the lunacy of organized religion and the irrationality of religion and special interest groups.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 10:41 pm
The stay at home order expires in a few minutes. They have rules about being careful, yadda yadda, but the huge fleamarket near the racetrack is said to be opening. You will be able to eat in at some restaurants. Malls will be open. As for me, I'm mostly staying home.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Here in Annapolis just about everything is still closed. I see delivery people in masks dropping things off at neighbor's homes...I haven't been off our property since about mid-March. I can walk around outside and check the plants..everything is starting to green up.......but I'll stick close to home until I'm more confident that it is safe. Our Gov., Gov. Hogan bought 500,000 test kits from South Korea and is keeping them in an undisclosed location under national guard protection. The Federal Govt. has been seizing the tests paid for by local and State Govt's.......it's an amazing time to be alive, there are many days I don't recognize this country.
roger

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:33 pm
@glitterbag,
I heard about that. I'm kind of proud of your governor.

Locally, New Mexico is starting to lighten up a bit on the first. Restaurants are still limited to take out, though, which is what I miss most. Breakfast was kind of a ritual beginning of the day for me. Gov. Lujan says they might be cleared to open on the 10th - if we act right.

Almost forgot. Bathroom tissue (as they like to call it) is back on the shelves, at least for the moment.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 12:26 am
@roger,
We are very happy with our Governor, he didn't waste any time and he's been a straight shooter. Paper products are showing up on the shelves...but meat, veggies and fruit are in short supply. Stay healthy Roger....
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
Happy with our governor too. (NYS, Cuomo)

Testing sites are now available in NYC.

Everything is still closed.

Everyone still has to wear a mask.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 01:48 pm
DuckAndCovid2020
@Tomme1
·

To stop the spread of #coronavirus avoid cooking dishes with bat or monkey for the time being. We apologize for this restriction of your freedoms.
chai2

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 01:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh crap edgar.

NOW what am I supposed to make for supper?
I had it all planned out.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 02:17 pm
@chai2,
Eggs? There's been a lot of talk about them lately
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 04:42 pm
@Joeblow,
All this talk of poached eggs has me nostalgic. We've been unable to go out for breakfast now for weeks -- always poached eggs and usually on the table in front of us moments after we sit down. The cook sees us as we walk across the parking area and knows what we like. Once we thought about changing our order but eggs were already on the way. The cook said "Tough". Now I want poached eggs....
Joeblow

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 04:55 pm
@Tai Chi,
So what do you think? Should Chai have eggs for dinner?

I vote yes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 04:59 pm
I vote for egges, too. Although we don't got none. We'll have to rectify that. People talking about going to restaurants, I just mentioned to The Girl that we never went to restaurants that often. Usually it was because we were meeting someone else.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:25 pm
@Setanta,
I'm glad you voted. She might be a little itsy bitsy so we'll have to jolly her out of it.

Re: restaurants, same here. At least we seldom went to any good ones. I miss the days when there was a good mom and pop chop house on every other corner. Hasn't been like that in years!

That's not to say there aren't any good ones. I kinda like your stomping grounds.
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
If its ok with you, I glomed your bat/monkey notice and I will use it as a sig for a short time. You can send me a contract. What color eggs you like. We got blue, dark brown, brown, really dark brown (like Hershey syrup) and OD. Our chickens lay all the neat browns and several shades of blue. The OD , its ok but its rather military looking.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:34 pm
@farmerman,
How big are the blue ones?
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:34 pm
@roger,
I saw my first bit of toilet paper on a supermarket shelf since this began two days ago!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:36 pm
@Joeblow,
not overly large, the blue layers are pullets
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 05:41 pm
I was out most of the day yesterday and Sebastian got upset and pissed on my bed.

I couldn’t believe it.

Just had to let him finish because I have a special sheet to protect the mattress and if I’d picked him up to put him on his tray he’d have pissed all through the house.

My cats drink massive amounts of water, so their pisses go on forever

Clearly hasn’t got back to normal from all his trauma. He NEVER did this until his eye and the fire.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 06:00 pm
@Joeblow,
I still haven't been to the Ethiopian place I mentioned to you some weeks back. The Girl swears by the place. I hope they survive this. They had bands or stand-up comics every weekend.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 06:03 pm
I knew a woman who had French hens (like in the song) that laid green eggs--they were kinda OD green. She got just ridiculously high prices for 'em from the local hippy health food store. Eggses is eggses, no matter what color the shell is.
0 Replies