A Parlour for a Plague

roger

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:51 pm
@margo,
Howdy, stranger!
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 12:26 am
@margo,
It’s up and wired. The wood is being oiled today...I began the job but it hurt my back for some bizarre reason.

It’s supposed to be being paved on Wednesday but there’s apparently another deluge due that day.

Sebastian DID escape today but through the open gate. The Oiler caught him.

I’ll see if escape is possible when I give them a couple of chairs to sit on in the sunny spot. It’s south, so it’s almost all shaded at present.

You saw the photos on Facebook?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 04:35 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

Blackadder! Orgasm.

Have you seen Upstart Crow? The Blackadder writers give the same treatment to Shakespeare.
Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 07:27 am
@roger,
That Margo . . . you wanna keep an eye on her . . .
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
Yep. Don’t like it all that much though. Is Ben Elton writing for it?

Season 1 of Black Adder didn’t have the spark the other seasons did, I think, and Elton joined for season 2 I believe
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:36 am
@Borat Sister,
Is he the guy who played Baldrick ? Without his foil, Baldrick, Blackadder was just a wisecracking toady.
Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:38 am
I just back from the grocery store a little while ago. I did alright. Poultry was on sale, with points, which you can redeem later (I redeemed $20 worth at the check-out). But the store was absolutely plundered. I got some nice turkey breast, but there was zero chicken in the meat section--zero! I got some hot dogs, some canned, pitted black olives, some pretty tomatoes--oh an a baguette for seventy-five cents. If they had had more of those, I'd have bought them all. But the store was just plundered. They restock in the early morning, and I got there early because it's seniors only from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. Nevertheless, there were huge sections of the store that were just empty. I take this to mean that, even seven weeks after the lockdown, people are still panic buying and hoarding.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:48 am
Countywide face masks mandated beginning today. Went for a walk in the park. Just one facemask in a busy park. In other pandemics, it was possible to plead ignorance. This one, not so much.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:53 am
@Borat Sister,
Elton is doing the writing as with seasons 2 plus.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:55 am
@farmerman,
Tony Robinson played Baldrick. Ben Elton mostly writes, he did play the part of a would be anarchist bomber in Blackadder the third for a couple of minutes if that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:40 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Countywide face masks mandated beginning today. Went for a walk in the park. Just one facemask in a busy park. In other pandemics, it was possible to plead ignorance. This one, not so much.

Here's why...

"Monday marks the start of Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s face mask-mandate, requiring the county’s 4.7 million residents to cover their faces at all times except when eating, exercising or drinking. "

The requirements are similar in Travis county.
You aren't required to wear a mask when exercising (walking, running, biking).
If you're just hanging in the park, you wear a mask.

If I go for a walk, it's after dark, I've got a route that's about 1.5 miles long and I will Maybe pass one person on the same side of the street when I'm on a trafficked blvd, where there're businesses. Then, we maintain Well over safe distance when passing each other.
I'm not gonna lie. I'm not wearing a mask at 9pm through my empty neighborhood and commercial street when at most I pass one other person and we're both careful.
In the hood, I'll see a random person walking their dog, or walking like me, or running. Their either on the other side of the street, or really far away.

Also not required while in your car, when working alone in a separate space, and so forth.

That said, people are stupid.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:28 am
@chai2,
Oh. Thanks. I guess I should have read a bit further.
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:53 am
@edgarblythe,
It's all confusing.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 04:12 pm
@chai2,
Well, the governor just made the point mute by essentially telling us to suit ourselves about masks. No fines will be imposed.
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
No. Ben Elton came on as a writer for Black Adder in season 2.

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:30 pm
@Borat Sister,
OHH. hoever invented Balrick ws good fo the show.
The woosy King was also a hoot
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I guess if you care about others youll wear a mask, If we dont give a rats ass, we dont.

Its like this , theres an "I dont give a **** about you" group who carry a revolver containing one bullet. Whenever they meet up with someone, the one with the revolver spins th cylinder and fires his revolver at the person he meets. Covid-19 Roulette. Theyre doing it now.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 01:50 am
@farmerman,
Baldric is in season 1 but his character is completely different. In season 1 he’s the smart one and Blackadder is more like Mr Bean.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:31 am
I haven't seen an actual whole human face in several weeks, except my own when I look in the mirror.

This is getting me down.

On the rare occasions that I go outside, I have to wear a mask. I can't breathe in the mask.

Life is very complicated these days.

Am I being too picky?
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:42 am
@Roberta,
No.
0 Replies