A Parlour for a Plague

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:46 pm
@chai2,
Yeah she got a tip from one of the 7-11 deliveries - that girl really needed her sweet tarts!

The other 7-11 - the guy with the spicy cheetos and 2 liter soda fetish nothing -

Wendys she got a tip

But not the sandwich shop delivery

When we first saw delivery for 7-11 I said maybe the guy wants some condoms and is embarrassed to buy them.

Here you turn on the app whenever you want to do it - then you can either accept or not accept. After the Wendy's I suggested not doing that one again - since they only do drive up, the line is long.

So once you get a hit - it tells you where, Wendy's 7-11 and how long it will take you to get there, then once you pick up the food - you usually have to order there - the app tells you what to get, you pay with their prepaid card and then you snap a picture of the receipt. Then it tells you where to bring it and any instructions - most you just leave on their doorstep - only one she met at the door (probably because it was an apartment building).

You then take a picture of the door (except when you meet the person) and then you are done. You get the tip afterwards. In one case you got the tip the next morning - she $30 in two hours but that was first try.
George

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:59 pm
My daughter is setting up a Zoom meeting for tomorrow night with the
Lovely Bride, her brothers Rhys and Colin and the old Dad. It's my
grandson's third birthday so we'll all sing "Happy Birthday". I wonder if any
of us will automatically start washing our hands?

Both grandsons are in for some serious hugging once we get by this mess.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 02:05 pm
@Borat Sister,
Quote:
Socks...I don't own a single pair...

So you're saying they all got married?

Okay, attempted comedy aside, I still have a package of socks in the second drawer down of the tall bureau. No idea why. I used to use socks in place of gloves during the winter, got far better hand covering from medical stays..
George

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 02:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Saw an online video of how to make face mask from a sock.
Even if it's a clean sock, that just seems wrong.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 02:33 pm
@George,
There's likely a fetish group out there that'll work with it.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 05:14 pm
@Linkat,
Oh yeah, the receipt thing.
GH started doing that, where you had to walk in, place the order like a regular customer, and wait, and wait. Picture of receipt, GH credit card, all that.

There was a local GH facebook page, and basically everyone hated it, and wouldn't do it unless you were really needing a trip.

She might want to see if there's a local FB page for PM. Just talking with other drivers. Personally, I stopped going to that page, because I found the people on there really negative. Age might have had something to do with it. I remember this one young woman in particular. She looked like she couldn't have been more than 22. Everything was just SO awful for her. The money, the miles, the everything.
I just take the attitude like hey, I'm listening to NPR, I love driving, I'm seeing what's going on around town, I really liked giving people their food, and every Monday you got money. Time would ususally just fly by. Well, maybe that comes with, you know, maturity. You'd probably feel the same way.

Re the 7-11, that's really weird. Yeah, it would seem someone ordering a slushie and chips wouldn't know about tipping.

For me, I decided I wasn't going to accept orders from Micky D's, or Popeyes Fried Chicken, and I think another place. That was because they don't prepare you food until you walk in.

Your dtr is working in a totally different world from what I was doing. Meaning the curbside delivery, having to order and wait, only having drive through service where you can't walk in, grab and go.
You may have noticied this in regular times, but when you go into sandwich shops, and other nicer places, there is usually a rack of shelf that holds all the delivery orders. You simply look for yours, mark your app picked up, and go.
With your girl, that doesn't exist. So yeah, maybe a lot of what I'm saying isn't even possible at this time.

Re strange orders. I remember the first time I had a pickup from Starbucks. I thought "Starbucks? Are you kidding?" I looked at the order and it was for ONE drink, but one of those fancy ones that I couldn't even figure out why it would even be a thing.
The customer I saw was female. When she opened the door, she looked just like what I would have expected someone who would order from SB's would look like.
Young, looking incredibly bored with life, could barely reach out her hand to take the bag. You know the type. Predictably, she tipped for ****. I'm sure guys buy everything for her, so how could she ever be expected to know to tip someone, right? Rolling Eyes

Honestly? It seems like the harder the customer makes it to get their stuff, the worse the tip.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 05:19 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Saw an online video of how to make face mask from a sock.
Even if it's a clean sock, that just seems wrong.

You can honestly skip through the first 55 seconds of this.....

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 05:26 am
When I said I would be having a shower too, he relied "Didn't you just have a shower two days ago?" lol

Christonacracker, I've been going days!
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:01 am
@Joeblow,
Slightly lost for context here
Joeblow

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:47 am
@Borat Sister,
Ah. I'm a shitty writer sometimes. I think my internal mental shorthand takes over.

Mr Joe suggested it was too soon to be having a shower after just a few days. He was kidding (!) but also referring to the obvious: we don't seem to be showering every day anymore. Man, somedays I don't even get out of my pjs. It was the quip, the tone of voice, the look on his face...all the things you absorb instantly when someone makes you laugh.

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:12 am
@Joeblow,
Joeblow, you made me realize something....

I have my "sleeping pj's" and my "hanging around the house after showering pj's" Laughing

Then of course the "going out in public pj's" Shocked Laughing
Joeblow

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:19 am
@chai2,
I hear ya sister Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 10:38 am
Wildlife . . . they seem to like the inactivity of human beans. Someone saw a vixen with five kits at the beach (pics and video at FB. ask The Girl). People report seeing lots of deer, and someone said they saw a moose. One of our friends posted a picture of a fox (vixen?) walking along the top of the backyard fence.
roger

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 12:14 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

Slightly lost for context here

This from the Queen of the Digression threads?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 01:02 pm
@Setanta,
I thought to make a joke about native Americans reclaiming Manhattan after reading about the animals. But I would just have been assaulted for being crass.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 02:39 pm
Harris County, which includes Houston and some lesser municipalities, has mandated the wearing of masks, beginning Monday. So far, Tomball has asked for an exemption and Pasadena's mayor has instructed their police to ignore the order. I'm waiting to see if rebellion will be the order of the day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:48 pm
I enjoyed this intro as well as some of the individual bits to last night's BBC Comic Relief Night In

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:51 pm
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:11 pm
@Joeblow,
Oh yes. I get it! I’m making myself dress at some point every day....but at 11 am this morning I ended up chasing my escaped cat through the village I live in in only my sneakers and my kaftan nighty.

And I just baby wiped clean the possible smelly bits!

I’m trying to get in at least a set minimum number of steps per day, and gradually increasing these, but I had a very slack 2 weeks recently. Back on track this week.

We beach walked yesterday and went and got some take away, because I just couldn’t bear my own cooking any more!
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:12 pm
@roger,
Yes
0 Replies