Ruin a movie by changing one letter.

coluber2001

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 04:48 pm
The Maul of the Wild
(The Call of the Wild)

Taking place during the Yukon Gold Rush, a man adopts a small poodle. Poodle feels the "Call of the Wild" and runs off to join a wolf pack, but they eat him.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 04:54 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Americans love self-righteous people who stand up for a good cause.
Abusing people in the name of good food is perfectly acceptable even though most of us survive on McDonald's hamburgers, or some such homemade meals.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 05:25 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
He’s not a bully, the people he shouts at bloody deserve it.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 10:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah. Such as not putting enough salt in a dish, a contemptible culinary crime.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 03:29 am
@coluber2001,
I’ve never seen that. He’s always been quite reasonable towards those beneath him, it’s the owners of failing restaurants who refuse to listen to common sense who get it.

The people who worked under him all speak very highly of him, and that’s the measure.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 04:00 am
@izzythepush,
I just don't go in for ritual very public humiliation of ''lesser mortals'' which seems to be the bedrock of a lot of these reality type shows.

But hey, to each his own.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 04:40 am
@eurocelticyankee,
That’s not what he does.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Can one imagine Jacques Pepin losing emotional control and having an emotional outburst like Gordon Ramsay? Jacques Pepin is a teacher; Gordon Ramsay is a bully.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 02:39 pm
@coluber2001,
I have no idea who Jaques Pepin is.

Never heard of him.

If Gordon Ramsay was a bully he wouldn't have the loyalty of his sdtaff.

People write to Ramsay asking him to fix their restaurant then get upset when he tells them things they don't want to hear.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Pepin is a French guy. That is, born in France, cooks American. Came to the States decades agop, worked American spots. Had a television program on PBS at one time, some episodes included his by then adult daughter, Claudine.

(Annoying show, and none of his food looked interesting, even if he did try pairing various types of wine with them...he was really excited about
the wines.

Ramsay comes off a bully sort in his Hells Kitchen show. It's an American competition thing with the prize being a position as Head Chef in a Ramsay restaurant. His other shows he seems much more charming as he helps others to save their livelihood (restaurant or hotel)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 03:51 pm
@Sturgis,
The Kid watches him, I don’t. He’s not someone I watch for recipes because he’s not that sort of chef. I like Raymond Blanc and the Hairy Bikers, yesterday I made a dessert based on something by Ray Mears.

I doubt you’ve heard of any of them.

Having said that I’ve seen a few episodes of the Nightmares series. I’ve not seen him shout at anyone who doesn’t deserve it. He’s always very good with those who do the actual work.

Like I said he got a bloke from a burger van to win a prestigious competition. You can only do that by inspiring people.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
To make an analogy of Jacques Pepin to Gordon Ramsay, Mister Rogers would be Jacques Pepin, and Howard Stern would be Gordon Ramsay. The question is, can one be a teacher without being abusive?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 04:38 pm
@coluber2001,
I've seen Gordon Ramsay berate people on MasterChef for not putting enough salt in their dishes. What he forgets is that many people have salt-restrictive diets. It's a good idea to not kill your clients.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 11:50 pm
@coluber2001,
Who is Mr Rogers?

Is Howard Sterne some sort of shock jock?

I don’t live in America, and to be honest I find it rather offensive that you blithely assume I would have heard of these individuals.

It’s a form of cultural imperialism, I never assume you’ve heard of our homegrown celebrities.

Isn’t the real problem that Gordon Ramsay refuses to act like some crude English stereotype?

Have your Pepin bloke’s pupils won any prestigious competitions after just a week’s training?

coluber2001

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 03:40 am
@izzythepush,
Mr. Rogers was the star of a children's show and was a very mellow person. Howard Stern was a shock jock known for his crass comments.

From what I understand, verbal abuse may not be uncommon in the food industry, so Gordon Ramsay may not be an exception, he may even be typical.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 04:04 am
@coluber2001,
What gets me is the arrogance of your posts. You don’t even consider the possibility that someone outside of America might not know what you’re talking about. Even after I point out that I’ve never heard of the person you chose for your analogy you choose two others that only an American would be aware of.

At least when I was talking about TV chefs to Sturgis I said that he probably wouldn’t have heard of them.

Not you though, you blindly assume you don’t have to put things into context or even consider that there are other cultures out there. Just because you’re an American you expect us to slavishly follow your cultural references.

This is the same attitude that caused the death of Harry Dunn. His killer assumed that because she was an American she could drive however she liked, she didn’t even consider that we might not drive on the same side of the road as Americans. Then she skipped bail and ran back to America.

No wonder Gordon Ramsay pisses you off. He’s not going to lick your collective arses.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 05:24 am
@coluber2001,
What you’re saying is someone I’ve never heard of is like someone else I’ve never heard of while Gordon Ramsay is like someone I’ve heard vaguely referenced but ultimately know nothing about.

And I’m supposed to take your word on their characters even though you’re clearly wrong about Gordon Ramsay.

One hell of a way to make a point, although it’s probably not the point you were trying to make.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 11:38 am
@coluber2001,
Sorry, I was being a bit of a prick there. I went too far, that was uncalled for.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Thou wast possessed by the spirit of Ramsay.

wooooooo.....
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 May, 2020 01:35 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Thou wast possessed by the spirit of Ramsay.

wooooooo.....

Nice exchange between you and Izzy, Euro. Glad it came around to a respectful exchange at the end. Smile