Coronavirus

Region Philbis

Fri 29 Jul, 2022 03:57 pm
Quote:
Updated Covid-19 booster shots could be available in September

Moderna and Pfizer booster shots updated to target Omicron coronavirus subvariants
could be available in early fall, pending signoff by federal health agencies...
(cnn)
roger

Fri 29 Jul, 2022 05:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
Good Grief! Two vaccinations, two boosters, and now they want more?

Maybe, but not with much enthusiasm.
Glennn

Sat 30 Jul, 2022 08:00 am
@roger,
Quote:
. . . and now they want more?

They will always want more. They will never want less.

They refuse to acknowledge the meaning of the word "failure." Therefore, we are at their service--heart, mind, and soul--until they admit their failure.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Jul, 2022 09:16 am
An Austrian doctor campaigned for Corona vaccinations, was threatened online and actively because of it, had to close her practice under this pressure by the antivaccinationists and right-wingers and has now died because of it.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 1 Aug, 2022 10:06 am
Around ten percent of Europeans have a gene variation that activates immune cells against Sars-CoV-2 - and thus protects against fatal covid.

The genes are apparently partly responsible for who dies from covid-19 and who does not. According to one study, the gene variant "GNB3 TT" reduces the risk of dying from a corona infection by around 35 percent.

Frontiers in Genetics:
The GNB3 c.825C>T (rs5443) polymorphism and protection against fatal outcome of corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Region Philbis

Wed 3 Aug, 2022 03:05 pm
Quote:
CDC expected to ease Covid-19 recommendations soon

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to update its guidance for Covid-19 control in the community, including in schools, in the coming days, according to sources familiar with the plan.

A preview of the plans obtained by CNN shows that the updated recommendations are expected to ease quarantine recommendations for people exposed to the virus and de-emphasize 6 feet of social distancing.

The agency is also expected to de-emphasize regular screening testing for Covid-19 in schools as a way to monitor the spread of the virus, according to sources who were briefed on the agency's plans but were not authorized to speak to a reporter. Instead, it says it may be more useful to base testing on Covid-19 community levels and whether settings are higher-risk, such as nursing homes or prisons.

The changes, which may be publicly released as early as this week, were previewed to educators and public health officials. They are still being deliberated and are not final.
(cnn)
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Wed 3 Aug, 2022 11:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The problems with vaccines is that it is going to be another four years or less before a true vaccine is created. In fact a top doctor on AIDS/HIV vaccine development passed away calling COVID something cooked up in a lab because of it's unnatural composite.

The problem with Australia is the common-wealth has it's head up it's behind snorting smug-fumes. They are not using Minerva but have their own alternative to recommend.

The Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID‑19 vaccine, sold under the brand names Covishield and Vaxzevria among others, is a viral vector vaccine for prevention of COVID-19. Developed in the United Kingdom by Oxford University and British-Swedish company AstraZeneca, using as a vector the modified chimpanzee adenovirus ChAdOx1. The vaccine is given by intramuscular injection. This vaccine is causing tons of death tolls running behind Pitzer.

That being said reading further the doctor

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaxxhappened/comments/wbvpy2/austrian_doctor_found_dead_likely_suicide_after/

"Even then the police and state attorney tried to discredit the hacker and tried to wipe the findings under the rug at first. Only when the hacker contacted the secret service an investigation was actually started."

https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/health-and-wellness/top-doctors-academics-living-in-an-alternative-reality-20220110-p59n73

This is dumb, we have $#$@#$ing Neo-Nazi's harassing a person of medical science, it is so backwards and wasteful.

I am against the current trends of vaccination and would prefer to lock down the world for another ten years, and put capitalism on low-voltage because the virus is only spreading because idiots do not want to stop being idiots.

Again I do not wear a mask asides when asked to via a specific place, but otherwise it has turned everything into an abandon yard. I find it hallarious to see Hollywood parties and get together still pumping cash out of peoples wallet for subscriptions and venue events.

The good people are suffering and everyone else is playing "Give me money" card. It is all selfish.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 03:09 pm
@PoliteMight,
What ******* load of bollocks. That kind of **** is KILLING people.
Mame

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 03:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
He's the same in every post.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 04:05 pm
@Mame,
So am I!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 04:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Where can I get one?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 04:07 pm
@Region Philbis,
Are we looking at a fifth booster? CDC has been awfully quiet and unclear for the last three or so months.
Region Philbis

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 04:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

dunno.

my guess would be if you've had 4 total (2 vax + 2 boosters), you can probably start treating it like an annual flu shot...
0 Replies

roger

Thu 4 Aug, 2022 06:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Are we looking at a fifth booster? CDC has been awfully quiet and unclear for the last three or so months.

Well, I admit to being easily confused. Two vaccines; two boosters. Am I done, or is there a time when I should start worrying again?
Mame

Sat 6 Aug, 2022 01:16 pm
@roger,
I just got my 4th yesterday and it was only 50% of the shot. I wouldn't worry if I were you, Roger... from all reports the symptoms are very mild to none at all in most cases. And how much are you around people, anyway?

Some people in this city are still wearing masks, and most employees and all doctors and nurses are. Our airlines also still require them but they're not being turned away if they don't.

I have to laugh, though, when I see a lone person wearing a mask in their car or their back yard. I did even at the start of it all. Just looks so funny.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 6 Aug, 2022 01:28 pm
@roger,
What about your flu jub?

Why don't you ask if that's all done?
roger

Sat 6 Aug, 2022 06:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I get that once a year. All done till next year.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Aug, 2022 11:15 pm
@roger,
So it's not all done.

You'll need another one next year.

You've only had one more covid than flu shot since the outbreak started.

Expect annual covid shots, just like flu shots.
roger

Sat 6 Aug, 2022 11:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Funny thing about that. The two vaccinations were scheduled, and I was notified. I had to figure out the boosters myself. Not a big challenge, but I do notice the difference in procedure.
izzythepush

Sun 7 Aug, 2022 03:37 am
@roger,
Our surgery contacts us for everything.
0 Replies