Sun 27 Mar, 2022 07:37 am
@hightor,

he has become our new JTT...
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 08:15 am
@hightor,
Quote:
That's your responsibility.

Nope. Tony said a cycle-threshold of anything over 35 will give meaningless results. You said I took the quote out of context. I provided you with a video of the whole conversation. We're all interested in how it is that you've come to interpret "meaningless results" as "meaningful results." But so far all we've gotten from you is that we shouldn't believe our lying eyes.

Why don't you just admit that you're unable to provide the proper context instead of trying to convince people that tony somehow meant "meaningful" when he said "meaningless." I don't have to prove that he said what he said; he said it in very plain English.

Do you have the proper context?

Yes? No?
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 08:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:

And now you've become the new hightor.

Do you have the proper context of the statement tony made about the PCR-test cycle threshold issue? Hightor believes that "meaningless" actually means "meaningful." Do you agree with him? If so, could you maybe provide the proper context?

Thanks in advance!
hightor

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 08:32 am
@Glennn,
Yes, you provided a link to a video, but you continue to post the edited statement rather than referring directly to a full transcription. Your edited statement is thus presented out of context. As you have provided a link to the video we can assume that you understand that some context must be supplied or the statement is meaningless. Yet you persist in posting the excerpt. I don't really care about the point you're trying to make, I just think mode of presentation is flawed. Who cares about PCR anyway – you've already proven that there's no pandemic and indicated that you know why the oft-quoted statement was made.
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 08:54 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Yes, you provided a link to a video, but you continue to post the edited statement

Wow! The video IS the context. If you believe he meant opposite of what he said, you're going to have to explain that. Of course, you'd have to provide the proper context or whatever you believe it is that will magically turn tony's words around to mean the opposite. And that's what you've failed to do--lots of times. You've failed so often that I'm beginning to think that you actually believe that "meaningless" means "meaningful" if it comes from a trusted authority. That's an appeal to authority. That does not change the words on the page.

If you believe I got the context wrong, simply provide the proper context. Why are you having such a hard time understanding how debate works?

Perhaps someone of like mind can help hightor provide the proper context to an all too clear statement. Anyone?
Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 09:14 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Quote:

And now you've become the new hightor.

"become" = to start to be something.

JTT isn't posting since September 2019, hightor is still here.

So much for your understanding of language.
hightor

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 10:24 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Why are you having such a hard time understanding how debate works?

Why are you having such a hard time understanding that I'm not interested in discussing your "debate" topic, only in pointing out the deficiencies in your presentation?
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 10:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
For a moment there I thought you were going fill in the big blank left by another poster here concerning a simple statement of fact made by the smartest medical authority in the world. That other poster refuses to support his claim that I have taken that simple statement of fact out of context. Are you here to provide the alleged proper context to the statement, or are you here to distract others from the big blank left by the other guy?
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 10:45 am
@hightor,
Deficiency equals lack of proper context. You have not provided proper context. You are deficient . . .

Wouldn't it be better to just admit that you talked out your ass so as to avoid the implication of tony's statement, and then having to explain it?
Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 11:09 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Are you here to provide the alleged proper context to the statement, or are you here to distract others from the big blank left by the other guy?
I'm here - on this thread - since 21 May, 2020.
I'm here - on A2K - since October 18, 2002.

I don't know why I should explain my motivation, reasons etc. to you.
And since you aren't the OP of this thread, I think your question is generally ... irrelevant.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 11:29 am
@Glennn,
Are you just here to suck the joy out of life with your constant attention seeking?
hightor

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 11:34 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
You have not provided proper context.

The context of my comments has been your inept method of presenting your argument. In other words, the context is contained within this thread. Initially you simply provided an edited quote. After I pressed you on this you provided a link to the source, but you didn't post a transcript of the entire video.

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to simply thank me for taking the time to make some suggestions as to how you might post more effectively? I have no interest in the substance of your "argument" but you're welcome to share your conclusions here.
Quote:
I can only think of one reason for the FDA and tony to go against the science.

Then tell us what that reason is.
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:15 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
After I pressed you on this you provided a link to the source, but you didn't post a transcript of the entire video.

Ah, so you believe that a video containing the entire conversation and more is inferior to a transcript of that very conversation. You know that makes no sense at all.

Tell you what, if I go back to the video and transcribe tony's statement verbatim, will you then provide the proper context. And if not, what's up with that?
Quote:
. . . you're welcome to share your conclusions here.

Okay. I've concluded that when tony said that a cycle-threshold of anything over 35 is used, you're going to get meaningless results, he meant what he said. My conclusion is based on the fact that he said it, and on the fact that those claiming he meant something else ALWAYS come up emptyhanded when asked to explain their strange interpretation of a plainly clear statement.
Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
You offer no rebuttal, no information, and no debate. And you wrap that failure up in whining. Since you have no purpose in this thread, that means you must be looking for some attention, and you don't care if it's negative attention.

Let's start here. Do you believe I've taken tony's statement out of context, too? If so, would you provide the proper context that will turn that statement around? And if not, why not?

Quote: I can only think of one reason for the FDA and tony to go against the science.

Quote: Then tell us what that reason is.

Well since the test was set too high to give meaningful results, they must have wanted to generate meaningless results. What's your theory?
izzythepush

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:32 pm
@Glennn,
I don't know who "tony" is. I'm not an American, I don't watch American news or press briefings.

We have our own government.

Did you not know that?

As for whining I don't give a monkey's whether or not anyone reads my posts. You're the one desperate to be acknowledged.

You're like Father Stone.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Father Ted: He was introduced to me by Father Jim Dougan, we were at a conference. Dougan came up and said, "This is Father Stone," then he ran out of the building.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
As for whining I don't give a monkey's whether or not . . .

There! Again.
Quote:
You're the one desperate to be acknowledged.

And yet you are the one here offering nothing but whining about me. You should provide the proper context to tony's statement. After all, that's the point of contention here.

If you don't, it will look like you're doing a lot of arm waving simply to be heard, otherwise known as shameless attention seeking.

Do you believe I took tony's quote out of context when I claimed he said that a cycle-threshold of anything over 35 will give meaningless results?
izzythepush

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:45 pm
@Glennn,
You like telling people what to do don't you?

It doesn't work with me.

Or anyone, for that matter.

If you stop doing it people might not find you so tiresome.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You like telling what to do don't you?
He proves this continuously

izzythepush wrote:
If you stop doing it people might not find you so tiresome.
That might perhaps be so.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't know why people have to be like that.

It hardly progresses their case, it just puts people's backs up.
0 Replies