Coronavirus

jcboy

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 06:32 am
Colin Powell dies after complications from Covid-19 and he was fully vaccinated.

CNN
Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 08:14 am
@Glennn,
The vaccine isn’t 100 percent effective in preventing death, which was known.
Powell was 84 years old when he died, well into the elderly age group that has been most ravaged by the virus. He had also been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, which reduces the body’s ability to fight infections.

Besides that: there have always been breakthrough infections with every known vaccine - as said: there's no 100% security.
Glennn

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 08:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Does the experimental injection prevent infection or transmission?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 05:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
As said above, the effectiveness of the Corona vaccination is not 100 per cent, so a small percentage of those vaccinated have a severe course of the disease.

Incidentally, the cause of the increase in vaccinated intensive care patients can be explained quite simply by means of probability calculation:
If the vaccination rate or the number of infections increases, then the probability that there will be an infected person among the vaccinated and that this person will in turn have to be hospitalised also increases. So if more and more people are vaccinated, the proportion of vaccinated people increases, while the proportion of unvaccinated people decreases.

If all people in an x-large country were vaccinated (vaccination rate 100 per cent), the proportion of vaccine breakthroughs among corona patients in intensive care units would sooner or later also be 100 per cent.
Glennn

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 06:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh but haven't you heard? It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated; you know, the people who would rather wait for the long-term safety studies to be done on the population before even thinking about it.
Quote:
So if more and more people are vaccinated, the proportion of vaccinated people increases

Yeah, that's because the experimental injection DOES NOT prevent infection or transmission. I see that you're having a very hard time accepting that fact. You go ahead and do whatever makes you feel safe and secure, but you're praising something that doesn't work. And you want others to be like you and take something that won't protect you from those who've declined it . . . or even those who've received it.

Or are you one of the ones who believed joe when he ignorantly declared that if you get the experimental injection, you can't get Covid. Of course, he also said that the unvaccinated are making the "vaccinated" sick. So, joe makes things up as he goes along. Don't be like joe.

Sorry to have to ask you to do this, but explain for tony how his herd immunity is achieved through the use of something that doesn't prevent infection or transmission. Sounds like he's making things up as he goes along. You must have feelings about him declaring that the PCR-test is inappropriate and set too high and then sitting back and saying nothing as labs around the world did just that. You and I both know why they ALL sat back and said nothing. If you still wonder about their sincerity, consider that they've decided to switch to a new test; one that CAN differentiate between Covid and the flu. That's THEIR words, not mine.

The biggest mystery in all of this is why you, and others like you, continue believing proven liars. Like I asked before, did you believe that they were going to be honest with you after their first deception?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:17 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Oh but haven't you heard? It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated;
No, I haven't. We've a different definition of the term 'pandemic' here. (And for 'endemic ' might be, too.)
Walter Hinteler

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:20 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Or are you one of the ones who believed joe when he ignorantly declared that if you get the experimental injection, you can't get Covid.
None of my doctors is called "Joe".
izzythepush

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Americans like Glenn don't really understand that those of us outside America don't really pay much attention to domestic statements by American officials.

I'm not bothered what Biden has to say about Covid because, unlike Glenn, I don't hang on his every word.
Glennn

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
No, I haven't.

If this is the first time you've heard that joe, tony, etc. call it a pandemic of the unvaccinated, you live under a rock, and are not bound to believe anything unless it comes from tony and company. But you know that they allowed a inappropriate to be used. What do you think it means when they decided after all this time to use a different test; one that CAN distinguish between Covid and the flu? And what do you think it means that means nothing to you?
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm not bothered what Biden has to say about Covid because . . .

Yeah, me neither. He has no idea what he's saying, does he?

However, you do hang on every word that tony and company spit out. That's why you're advocating for an experimental injection that DOES NOT prevent infection or transmission. They tell you herd immunity is possible with an experimental injection that does not prevent infection or transmission. They're counting on your willingness to ignore that fact.
BillRM

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 08:09 am
@Glennn,
Amazing the only question I have is do you know better and are still spreading misinformation that had been costing lives or not?

Quote:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

People who receive two COVID-19 jabs and later contract the Delta variant are less likely to infect their close contacts than are unvaccinated people with Delta.
Glennn

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 09:04 am
@BillRM,
Let's see, they say that studies SUGGEST. So they didn't prove anything, did they? That's why they used the word "suggest." They knew you'd latch onto anything in order to continue believing that no one is lying to you.

And tony has spread disinformation.

He didn't say a word about the use of a test that HE KNEW was inappropriate. Neither did the FDA or the CDC. I've provide you with direct quotes from all of them stating that the PRC-test is inappropriate to the task . . . besides being set way too high. They also thought they would keep quiet about the fact that the PCR-test cannot distinguish between Covid and the flu.

So, after being told that the CDC recommends switching to a test that CAN differentiate between Covid and the flu by the end of December, you still don't understand what that means about the effectiveness of the PCR-test.
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 19 Oct, 2021 09:34 am
@BillRM,
You must be a fan of tony's proactive approach to covid--telling people to stay home and isolate, and when it gets so bad that you are having trouble breathing, get to the hospital. That's tony's proactive approach.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 21 Oct, 2021 06:41 am
The German company Biontech and its US partner Pfizer have presented further data on the effectiveness of booster vaccinations against coronavirus. According to a phase III study, booster vaccination increased the protective effect against Covid-19 to 95.6 per cent, the manufacturers announced in a press release.

After a double vaccination, Comirnaty from Biontech/Pfizer protects more than 90 percent against a severe course of the disease, but the protective effect then decreases again, so that a booster vaccination could make sense. The current data from Biontech and Pfizer have not yet been reviewed by independent experts and published in a scientific journal.

Press release: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Phase 3 Trial Data Showing High Efficacy of a Booster Dose of Their COVID-19 Vaccine

oralloy

Thu 21 Oct, 2021 11:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm going to get my next two boosters from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson if I can.

Then after that, hopefully Oxford-AstraZeneca and Novavax will be approved in the US and I can get them as well.

Since my first two shots were Moderna, that will get me a bit of variety.

Each vaccine challenges the immune system in a slightly different way, so getting a variety of vaccines will broaden my immune system's ability to detect Covid-19.

Ideally I'll rotate through all five vaccines over and over again. That's what I'm hoping to be able to do at least.
engineer

Thu 21 Oct, 2021 11:14 am
A teacher interviews her young students about wearing masks. Two minutes long.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/20/1047532227/adults-have-a-lot-to-say-about-masks-how-do-students-feel-about-them
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 21 Oct, 2021 03:45 pm
I have a question concerning tony's instructions to us all at the beginning of this fiasco. He told us to not wear masks. Didn't tony know the benefit of wearing a cloth petri dish on the face at the time he said that?
BillRM

Thu 21 Oct, 2021 04:17 pm
There seems to be as many or even more complete idiots in Russia as the west

Quote:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/moscow-to-shut-shops-schools-as-covid-19-deaths-soar/

The Russian leader, who got the domestically developed Sputnik V vaccine earlier this year, said he was bewildered by vaccine hesitancy, even among his close friends, who told him they would get the shot after he does and then kept delaying it.

“I can’t understand what’s going on,” Putin said Wednesday. “We have a reliable and efficient vaccine. The vaccine really reduces the risks of illness, grave complications and death.”

Russia became the first country in the world to authorize a coronavirus vaccine in August 2020 and has plentiful supplies. But citizens have been hesitant to take up the jabs, and some have blamed the skepticism on conflicting signals from authorities.

While extolling Sputnik V and three other domestic vaccines, state-controlled media often criticized Western-made shots, a message that many saw as feeding doubts about vaccines in general.

The nonworking period, which includes a two-day state holiday, should help limit the spread by keeping people out of offices and off crowded public transportation. The government also urged local authorities to restrict access to restaurants, theaters and other entertainment venues during th
e period.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Sat 23 Oct, 2021 05:22 am

Covid Brain Fog can persist for months, even in those not hospitalized
(cnn)
0 Replies