Did I do the Right thing helping neighbor?

JAS2020

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 08:44 am
New to this so here I go. Don't know where else to go. Im a woman 66 years of age divorced no children. We got a lot of snow the other day and my neighbor got stuck close to our homes he made it home in the storm by walking I saw him and couldn't believe it! He was so frozen cold he couldn't get his keys from his pocket his jeans were frozen stiff. I got him inside my house and I feared he had frostbite. Jim has no one at his house he is younger 53 and lives alone I felt I needed to help him my maternal-sisterly instinct took over. He wasn't properly dressed for what he went thru his legs hands were numb he needed he was frigid. I helped get his things off and get him into the tub where I ran a warm shower over him to get his body temperature back to norm. He couldn't have done it by himself. Pretty sure he didn't have frostbite I left him and put his clothes into the dryer then dropped them into the bathroom. His feeling came back he got out and he was able to dress himself as I made hot tea and heated soup for us. Whats wrong is that he feels very embarrassed that I had to help him and obviously I saw him naked momentarily during this time. He is not mad at me for helping him but questioned if I had to do what I did. What else do I do if he cannot? Have him go into the tub with all the clothes on? They were frozen and I thought his body temperature needed to come back to normal plus how would we know if he had frostbite or not? hes been avoiding me now and I know he feels awkward. Its probably his male pride but I didn't consider that when I went to help him. I cannot change that I saw him naked. Please if anyone has advice or honestly tell me did I do the right thing could Ive done better? Thank you !!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 620 • Replies: 5

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 09:05 am
@JAS2020,

i don't think you did anything wrong.

you saved him from getting frostbite, and possibly saved his life.

in hindsight (no pun intended!) you could have just brought him inside to warm up and called 911.

the fact that he's embarrassed you saw him naked is his problem, not yours...
JAS2020

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 09:18 am
@Region Philbis,
Ur right I guess Thanks
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 10:03 am
@JAS2020,
So You're Barb!

https://able2know.org/topic/535369-1
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 10:17 am