What should I do about this new guy liking all my girlfriend's Facebook posts?

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 06:55 pm
I'm in a long distance relationship. My girlfriend moved back to her old town, which is about an hour away, for a new job. We have plans to move closer together in the near future. She's gone out a few times to the bars with an old girlfriend, which I have no problem with. Recently I noticed she added a new guy as a friend on Facebook. Now this guy is all over her profile, liking all her pictures, going back and liking old ones, writing comments on how beautiful and sexy she looks. I checked out his profile and see he's a single guy who lives in her town. I also see she's been in liking a lot of his posts too. I don't know how, or where, she met this guy, weather he's a old friend, or some guy she met at the bar.

Normally, I'd just ignore it. I'm not the jealous type. But, my girlfriend has been distant recently. She ignores some of my texts, or takes a long time to respond. And it's not that she's not on her phone. I can see the time stamp on Facebook messenger when she's online. She also doesn't pick up when I call sometimes, and doesn't call me as often. I've mentioned the slowdown in contact, and says she's just overwhelmed with her new job and getting situated. I want to believe her, but I can't help this sinking feeling something is wrong, that something is going on with this new guy.

I haven't confront her about any of this because I don't want to sound jealous or insecure, but it's getting hard to ignore. Should I say something? If I do speak up, how should I approach it?

Ugh, long distant relationships are tough!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 14,674 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 09:18 pm
@Tropic34,
An hour is long distance?

You two need to talk.
Tropic34

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 11:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, it's more like an hour and a half, two with traffic. Guess I could have been more specific. Might not seem that long, but you go from living with someone to only seeing them once or twice a week because of work and the distance, it's a big change.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:08 pm
@Tropic34,
Long distance relationships "are" tough, it takes a lot of commitment and love to remain in it.

She could feel emotional, lonley. Stop texting, pick up the phone, stop wondering and make her laugh, feel loved, just persue it as you would have when you met her. Sometimes text messages mean jack **** as communication especially being an hour or so away from each other.

Also when did you last get in your car and drive to her? It's not a huge distance and you need to make the effort as much as possible, both of you, to see each other as often as you can to make this work.

Another man/ woman for that matter will always come into someone life and try to get what they are after, only to then walk away after . Strong connection won't allow that to happen, so make your connection stronger than ever.
0 Replies