Bumps on fingers

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 12:07 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Swimpy wrote:
It's probably excema. Benadryl ointment or hydrocortisone cream will help. It's likely an allergic reaction, but stress can aggrevate this condition.

Oh boy oh boy - yes, stress can make it worse. My hands have been nasty for the past two weeks.

Stress does aggravate it, but I often have it without stress. Of course, that is stressful...
0 Replies

CalmoUK

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 03:39 pm
I have a few small bumps on mainly my right elbow, when i scratch it they become pin-head sized, blood coloured dots, this is actually dried blood not just a red colour, which i think helps explain how they are made up in a way, if they can be scratched then bleed from a small hole.

I wouldn't know if this is excema, i'm only 17 and i don't recall any history of it before,
i'm certain that this started exactly when the hot summer global warming edition Days started coming.
so it may well be something to do with the heat,

Also i have a few patches of sort of thick skin bumps on my palms and the lower fingers, i would put this down to blistering from weightlifting, if it weren't for the slight itchynes whenever my hands sweat, and the fact that i was lifting before and this started when the heat came also,

maybe a combo of the two i am not sure,
but i would guess the heat is doing alot of what people are talking about.

Did anybody consider the implications of humans trying to live in carbon greenhouse gasses combined with the sun's radiation?(besides the ice caps melting porblem)
maybe we will all be turkeys by 2150 Smile

/Calmo
SouthWest UK
0 Replies

franko

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:51 am
same deal?
i just recently developed something like what you're all talking about, or specifically the first post. it's innumerable little bumps on a few fingers that i was sure at first were warts, because they just came out of nowhere(i've never had warts). so i went to planned parenthood because i was afraid..you know. two nurses looked at it and said they don't know what it is, but that they're not warts. they told me to go to a dermatologist, but were pretty sure that they'd come up with a diagnosis of dermatitis, which is the preferred medical term for, "wow. you're got some messed-up skin there." so...what is it!? it kind of feels like a rash to the touch but i can see the individual little *!@#ers and they don't itch or hurt or discolor. i did recently move diagonally from coast to coast, so that's a big climate change, and i have been getting more sun than i ever used to. but...it's just a wierd idea that the sun would cause this. and they developed during the drive. more on the middle finger on my right hand, but on other fingers and the left hand as well. but only on the top and sides, not on the pads or palm. that's about it. any ideas? anyone?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
Oh yeah. Sides of the fingers can be a prime spot for a nickel allergy to come out. When I was diagnosed with mine, the only places you could see the reaction were my earlobes (I had pierced ears so there was a reaction to earrings) and the side of my right index finger. Only that finger. Wacky, huh?

Ask your general practitioner if he or she can test you for a nickel allergy. There is also a diet, I tend to only go on it when the allergy flares up, which is not all the time. I don't recall all of the restrictions but it's vegetables that can be a problem, some of them, plus canned food can be problematic.
0 Replies

doscal0219

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:57 pm
Since last summer I've been getting these same bumps. They have only come around whenever its extremely hot outside. What worse is they itch and burst with puss when i itch too much. Then its just loose skin around the area or an all out nasty sore. I've tried hydrocortizon and it got me nowhere. The only thing that has really worked for me is gold bond extra strength medicated lotion on a daily basis.
0 Replies

bfoster86

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 02:44 pm
little bumps on fingers??
I have also just recently gotten these strange bumps. They are on the left side of my left pointer finger. They do not itch, they are not irritated, they are just there. I decided to look it up on webmd.com, and I think that it might be something called ganglion.

"Ganglions are small sacs (cysts) filled with clear, jellylike fluid that often appear as bumps on the hands and wrists but can also develop on feet, ankles, knees or shoulders. They are not cancerous. The cause is unknown, but it may be a reaction to an injury that causes the tendon sheath (which covers the tendon) or joint capsule (which protects the joint) to form extra fluid and balloon out. They are not serious and may go away on their own. If it is not bothersome, treatment is not needed. If it is painful, unsightly or limits activity, it can be drained and possibly injected with corticosteroid, but they often come back after being drained. DO NOT smash the ganglion it usually does not work and may cause injury."

So I hope this helps everyone who was confused, I am not positive that this is what these bumps are, but its as good of a guess as I can come up with!
0 Replies

random

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Found out what it is!
I have the same things that everyone is desccribing right now, and i have had it a couple times previously as well. The last couple weeks i have been under a lot of stress which is what I think brought it on. Here is a link that will help everyone out...

http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/pompholyx.html
0 Replies

DANJA75

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:34 am
I HAVE THE SAME EXACT BUMPS, I HAD THEM FOR A WHILE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THEM. LIKE EVERYONE SAID, THEY DON'T ITCH, THE DON'T BOTHER ME, I JUST CAN'T STAND LOOKING AT THEM. I SOAK MY HAND IN HOT WATER, AS HOT AS I CAN TAKE IT! IT GOES DOWN A LITTLE, BUT COMES RIGHT BACK! MY BUMPS ARE ON MY RIGHT POINTER FINGER AND THUMB! I NEVER SEEN IT OOZE PUSS, BUT I CAN SEE WHERE IT'S YELLOW FROM OOSING. I WAITED FOR SO LONG WILL THEY EVER GO AWAY? Question Question Question Question :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:49 am
Wikipedia on Ganglion Cyst

Wikipedia on Excema
For many other images on excema, check google images.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:51 am
Yes MG I've had 'em. Really pickable too aren't they?

x
0 Replies

scottysofty

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:35 am
bumps on finger tips/prints
Ashley, looks like I may have the same thing on my finger tips/prints. A very small water filled clear pore. Not open. look like tiny pink pores. If you push on them with your nail they are like a small pin prick. I have escema but this is not like any escema I've had in the past. The funny thing is I've had these before when I washed the floors in our house. I attribute this to the cause of them.
0 Replies

jalove81

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 12:17 pm
Bumps
Yeah,
What are these things? I have been getting them for the past 5 years or so. They look like little blisters and they itch!! I mostly get them on my fingers and the top of my toes. When they pop there is a clear fluid that comes out, then they dry up and go away. But more come back either on the same finger/toe or on another random finger or toe that is on the other hand/foot. What are these? Should I go to a doctor and get them checked out?
0 Replies

jschelle96

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:47 pm
bumps on fingers
I have the same little bumps on my fingertips, however they don't ooze anything are below the surface and feel like a needle is poking me in the spot. Then after a couple of days they stop hurting, dry up, and leave what looks like a pinhole in the spot where they occured. I clean houses and have recently started using latex or latex like gloves on that hand. Could that be it?????
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:50 am
hmmm....interesting

there seems to be a rubber / latex glove link. A possible cause. However, I have had these spots on my fingers before but not for a long time even though I wear latex gloves a l lot for my job.
0 Replies

scottysofty

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:32 am
It looks as though we all have one thing in common and it's the plugged pores on our hands with water in them. I too get these when I wear disposable gloves. I wear the nitril gloves due to having a pretty severe reaction to latex gloves but it doesn't prevent this from happening. Looking back though I also had these when I cleaned the floors without gloves. Any one have any Ideas?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:33 am
scottysofty wrote:
It looks as though we all have one thing in common and it's the plugged pores on our hands with water in them. I too get these when I wear disposable gloves. I wear the nitril gloves due to having a pretty severe reaction to latex gloves but it doesn't prevent this from happening. Looking back though I also had these when I cleaned the floors without gloves. Any one have any Ideas?

Water-plugged pores sounds like a good theory scottysofty.
0 Replies

xts

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:32 pm
Blisters/bumps on fingers
Hi everyone!

I've been experiencing bumps on my fingers too. Ones that look like blisters but do not pop. They sometimes itch but more so are very uncomfortable.

I've done tons of research (good ol' google) and found that many seem to not know the reason for them. I've seen tons of "cause unknown" for this alleged "abnormal sweating". I can say this. Lotion seems to make mine worse but sulfur seems to help. I've purchased today some coal tar to see if it will help. It's made for psoriasis, so we'll see. I know that aloe doesn't seem to help. It seems to need to be dried up, not moisturized.

Sulfur is in Prosacea, which I've tried. It seemed to help shrink them overnight but I only used it once due to it wasn't mine to begin with. They weren't completely shrunk but much smaller Smile

I hope this helps some of you.. And I doubt that the person who was told it was warts that it was warts.. Very possibly it is what I'm talking about but it wouldn't hurt to go in and have it checked.. Same with myself.

I have no medical coverage so with the "little things" I try to avoid going in and seek out other solutions.

Best to you guys/gals..
Xts

PS. I'd like to add I've apparently taken on some allergy symptoms over the last few years.. But still, the searches keep coming up with "abnormal sweating". I've also read that these bumps are pretty much seasonal..
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:44 am
hello xts! wlcome to A2K

x
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:47 am
Blimey, didnt know this was common.
I have one on my thumb at the moment.Thought it may be conneceted to some pliers i use, like a callus, but doesnt match up.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:50 am
Whenever I get them, they seem to usually be located on the sides of the top part of my ring fingers.

Just thought I'd tell ya.
0 Replies