hair lasering anyone????

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:49 am
I've had my legs and eyebrows waxed before and I attempted waxing my bikini at home before but was too chicken. This was my first time to get a professional bikini wax. I walked outta there like John Wayne!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:50 am
do they leave a 'landing strip"?
or do they just wax the inside of the leg...?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:20 am
I don't like the look of the landing strip so I got it all off.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:04 am
Shocked

yeah, i would be walking a little funny TOO!
I am thining about having it done myself.
But I just cant bring myself to drop my pants in front of a stranger and tell them to take my hair off.. dunno why/.. but I feel alittle funny about that.
About how much does it cost?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:29 am
Forty Bucks.

To be honest, I went to a few places before I found someone/someplace I was comfortable with. Each time I left a salon, the people thought I was weird but I didn't care. If anyone is going to be looking or touching my nether regions, then I'M gonna at least feel a small comfort level with them. Anyways women let their gynaecologists probe down there and thats oftentimes a guy!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:10 pm
wow, the last time i did that, i bled for a few hours afterward and couldn't walk worth a darn. Heeven you are brave. like i said, i think lasering is less painful. but then again, apparently i got burned this last time because i have marks. However, they are going away and don't hurt. they told me it might happen, but that they would heal within two weeks after lasering. it has been one week and they look much better.

and the hair is almost all gone!!! yay!!!! i love it!!! hairless forever!!! Wink
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 02:40 pm
Well if the laser is less painful than waxing, I definitely have to test that one out later. Can I do it in small doses? I mean, not the full monty but a section each time. Do they do it that way? Prolly not.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:35 am
Im with you on the comfort thing.
I am not going to just throw my legs in the air for ANYBODY.. ( insert bad joke here..)
But 40$ ? that is it? WOW!

and here I was comtemplating buying Nads and doing it mydamn self.. hehe
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:16 am
i think you can do your regular bikini, then come back later and do teh full monty. Smile

shewolf, i still think the pain is going to be bad...esp. doing it yourself, you tend to pull slower and with less force in anticipation of the pain. kinda like a bandaid-if you pull it off, you pull really slowly so it hurts less, but someone else can just walk by and yank it off and it actually hurts less than it did when you did it. hope you have fun visiting mom! miss you in austin..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:07 am
is nair safe down there?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
hmm, dunno? i would think it would be safe on your bikini line, but not sure about the full bikini.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:12 am
well, not FULL bikini, I can shave on top of my pubic bone..
im wondering about... under.. ?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:12 am
I bought some of that Nair heat up wax last week and tried it.
No!! it says not to use in 'ladyland'.

You have to heat it in the microwave, mine didnt melt in 2 minutes stated(maybe my microwave isnt as powerful as they say is needed).
It was finally gloopy like honey so I got the spatula adn pasted it on.I wasnt too good at it and got about a 2cm thicness on about a 1cm area of my skin.I waited for it to cool, whipped it off.Most bits came of but not all of it.Maybe I need to master the art of it for it to be more succesful.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:15 am
i am all for having someone do the waxing. i get my legs waxed now and i pay someone mainly because i tend to hesistate on the pulling anticipating the pain and so don't do as good a job as they do.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:19 am
Nair is not good for the nether regions. I tried it once, slathered it all over 'ladyland' so I could be completely hairless and there was a tingly uncomfortable sensation. I was smooth afterward but I worried if the chemicals had done any damage. I had painful peeing for days afterwards so I never did it again.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:25 am
Am I the only person thats never got rid of everything down their?!!
I have no desire to, I dont think Il like it growing back.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:26 am
Shocked

hmm.. ok
Painful peeing?
f-k that idea.
I was going to use it.. just at the tops of my legs, maybe a little on lady land but that is too precious to burn with nair.

are there any creme hair removers that ARE safe? Gentle and odor less would be preferred. hehe
Nair smells like crap and no matter how hard you scrub, you still stink for a day or two.

I have waxed my won underarms before. I made a hell of a mess ( i used nads) and you are right material girl.. No way in hell did i yank hard enough.
I had bruised arm pits for a while and actually couldnt shave because they were too tender.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
i think the one time i actually waxed my armpits they bled. it was painful!!! lasering didn't come close to that. wish i had before and after pics i could post for you all. wow what a difference. and i think had i just done my armpits it was only around $135 per treatment (once every three months). so that would be $45/month for 15 months to never have to shave again?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:30 am
Off your subject but my step grandma is all natural... do they do gift packages for laser treatment?? I am sick of seeing her leg and armpit hair being longer than the hair on my head
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:31 am
i have never checked into it, but i am sure they do. and from your avatar, that is a lot of hair Smile
0 Replies