hair lasering anyone????

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:43 am
hmm that isnt bad at all.
I was picturing a price about 2xs that!

So.. does waxing really work?
I hear that if you wax, the hair grows back thinner and thinner until it is almost nothing..?
Is that true? have you ever done that and noticed a diffrence?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:48 am
i have heard that too, but it didn't work for me...all i got was bleeding after the waxing from my pores and a bunch of ingrowns...they say the hair does get weaker and thinner thus it can't push through the skin anymore - ingrowns. i would get anywhere from 5-10 each time i waxed. i never saw much a difference, a slight one, but not enough for me to keep enduring that pain-plus you are supposed to go every two weeks and at $60 a pop for my armpits and bikini that equalled $120 per month-lasering was actually cheaper and i never had to do it again after a little over a year...can you tell i am a financial analyst? everything is value to me-what does it cost me and what do i get for it... Wink
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:10 am
Pleeease tell me they wouldnt make me shave my top lip if I was going to have that done??!!!

Didnt realise it was every few months.The thing that puts me off if skin discolouration and having a red blotch on my upper lip as well as a moustache!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:14 am
red blotches in the skin from waxing is easy to get rid of.
Smash an asprin to a powder and put some in your lotion. Rub it on your skin where the redness is and with in an hour it will be gone.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:15 am
the red blotch lasts for about an hour after lasering, then it goes away-just like waxing. skin discoloration is a possibility, but i haven't had any. generally it occurs if you don't follow their instructions-like no tanning for two weeks prior and one week after...can't be taking antibiotics, etc. that is why i did my armpits and bikini first.

they will make you shave it the day you have it lasered only. the reason being, the less the length of the hair, the more the laser power gets absorbed by the follicle, not by the hair (more effective).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:16 am
> giggling like a school girl here... <
I wonder if they will 'laser' a pattern into your pubes......
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:19 am
OH MY GOD!!!!

Its been a fear of mine to shave my face(not that I would) then have it grow back all thick, like Desperate Dan!!What if the lazer tratment didnt work!!No hiding it then!!!
Eek, glad I found that one out prior to having it done.

Shewolf, there is an array of pubic topiary available, pubic wigs in the clours of a national flag etc
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:22 am
it might cost you extra depending on design...

i am also surprised we haven't heard from any men on here (slappy or kicky) since we are talking about lasering pubic hair.

mg-i assume your hair is dark otherwise you wouldn't be bleaching it...there isn't any reason to suspect that lasering wouldn't work, plus shaving it four times in a year wouldn't make it all that much thicker...and as shewolf said, waxing is theorized to make it thinner again...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:29 am
Oh, Id never shave my face and waxing puts me off as you can only wax it again if its grown back, hence Id have a moustache again!!!

I hate having dark hair!!!My eyebrows are a nightmare to keep,leg hair grows back within an hour and lets not even mention bikini lines.

Its so much maintenance!!Why cant we just be hairy, like men!!?

How long do you spend a week on self 'de-hairing'?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:34 am
i am down to once a week on armpits-that's the best. legs i gave up on a long time ago and since i wear suits to work everyday, i only shave when i wear a skirt-very sad! bikini that actually shows-i don't have to shave that at all anymore just pluck the random hair here and there. its the part that doesn't show that i shave about twice a week.

ah mg- i suffer the same fate as you, dark hair..do your armpits have that green tinge-the dark hair growing under your skin even after you shave? it stinks, but i am proud to say, i am no longer ashamed to wear tanktops or a bikini!!!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:41 am
Hmm, never noticed a green tinge but Il have a good look later.

I rarely shave my legs.I only really shave below the knee.I have hair above my knee about 2cm long.
Maybe thats why I dont have a boyfriend.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:44 am
material girl wrote:
I rarely shave my legs.I only really shave below the knee.I have hair above my knee about 2cm long.
Maybe thats why I dont have a boyfriend.

oh mr. dragon loves to run his fingers through my leg hair...you just have to find the right guy!!! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:47 am
Mwohahahahahaa!

Il try and find Chewbacca.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:49 am
i figure as long as a guy's hair is longer than yours, you have nothing to worry about!

i think cousin it is free...would you like his #?? i tried a while ago but he was busy...

Smile Wink
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:51 am
funny thing though...mr. dragon shaves his head so he has no hair there...hmm, i might have to rethink this...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:58 am
in all seriousness mg, you just have to find a guy who likes you for you, not whether or not you shave your legs everday (i mean, don't they know how hard it is? they shave their faces everyday so why is ok that they have stubble when you kiss and you must smooth as can be all day everyday).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:18 am
I also have dark hair.
I am cherokee and african.
I have the thick follicles of the cherokee, with the ABUNDANCE of hair from the african side of me.
holy cow..if i dont shave Chewbacca has nothing on my hairyass! I put HIM to shame.
In fact, when i shave, I have to be careful NOT to shave too close or everything starts to become ingrown.
I have to shave daily.
>sigh<
that is why this treatment you are doing sounds SO wonderful..
Im just worried about the hair growth after words.
hair is dead cells, it is a way for your body to rid itself of cell waste....seems .. well.. not right, not natural?
What does the doc or clinic say about how healthy it is ? Does it disrupt your body at all?

( I will look into these pubic patterns. Twisted Evil )
I think kicky anbd Slappy dont like to talk about SHAVING, they like to talk about things when they ARE shaved. hehhe
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:23 am
I had alot of ingrown hairs,it didnt help that I used to poke at them and make them worse but for the last few month everyday I have scrubbed the area with a stiff short bristle type bathroom brush which gets rid of dead skin then smother the area in vitimin e lotion.It looks alot better and no ingrown hairs.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:24 am
honestly, as i said before i didn't really think about all these things, however, sona uses only nurses to perform the procedure so i would figure if there was some horrible long term effect, they would have told me. i do understand where you are coming from though...i will ask this afternoon for you and let you know tomorrow.

i think at one point, i shaved twice a day, once after morning workout (swimming) and then once after afternoon workout. ugh!!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:27 am
twice a day??????/

ooooooo.. I would be too lazy for that. hehe

Material-
Do you use any exfoliating creams?
St Ides has a GREAT one that doesnt require a bursh.
You just use it like soap...
Let me find an image of it, Ill post it here in a second!
It works for my hair, It might work for yours..
0 Replies