hair lasering anyone????

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:19 am
ok so on another thread i admited to lasering the full brazillian and my armpits Laughing heehee. well, the full brazillian was quite painful as i am sure you can imagine and they waited until the third lasering appointment to tell me you can use lydicaine to dull the pain...so here's the procedure i went through.

1. meet with the staff and assess hair condition...invasion of privacy here we go...
2. set appointments...i paid for 4 in advance and got one free Smile
3. first appointment...armpits were a breeze, oh the pain of the brazillian
4. hair starts to fall out-kind of exciting
5. three months later, 2nd appointment...turn up the intensity (oh BTW, the darker the hair, the better the result because they contrast it with the melanin in your skin so if you are fair skinned with light hair it might not work as well-i was fortunate, olive skin, black hair)
6. another 3 months...3rd appointment-after the treatment they tell me about the lydicaine
7. another 3 months...4th appointment much better since using llydicaine, and they even used a higher intensity!

i am getting my final treatment on monday. my armpit hair is almost gone completely-i think i actually shave maybe once a week. my bikini, well, what you would see in a bikini is completely gone-no shaving only pull out the stray hair here and there, but a little further down, hair is definitely less but not gone forever so hopefully the last one will do it!

would i do it all again? absolutely only knowing that i can use the lydicaine, i would use it from the beginning. it isn't all that expensive and i never shave my actual bikini line anymore, shave armpits once a week maybe, and the rest...well maybe twice a week now. considering i was one of the lucky ones who had 5 o'clock shadow by 9am, i am loving it!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,023 • Replies: 119
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
is it safe to 'stop' your hair growth like that?
What info did the clinic offer about that?

( debating on brazillian'izing...)
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:36 am
hmmm, i didn't really think about that...but here is what their website says...i guess it is as safe as electrolysis..

"Areas of unwanted hair are treated with a focused beam of concentrated laser light which is selectively absorbed by the melanin in the hair, as well as in the surrounding hair follicle. The heat generated from the laser light seals off the blood vessels to these "active" hairs. This causes thermal destruction of the hair follicles and disrupts their ability to regenerate resulting in permanent hair reduction. Unlike electrolysis, which kills one hair follicle at a time, the laser reaches and treats hundreds of follicles simultaneously." from sona med spa website...http://www.sonamedspa.com/corp/lhr2.cfm
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:40 am
hmmm.
that leaces me with more questions..
Like :
with out the proper blood flow, how does it effect sweat? Skin pigmentation? Skin condition?

<paranoid nurse.
Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:49 am
my armpits still sweat that is for sure. pigmentation has not been affected at all. still tans the same old way it used to. skin condition is much smoother.

i understand the paranoid nurse, my mom is an RN...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 12:10 pm
I had no idea that lasering was painful at all. Was it only in the vagina area that you had pain? Armpits - no pain? Did you get your legs done too?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 12:15 pm
I would love to get my legs and pits done.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 12:57 pm
why on earth would you want a permenantly naked (with no other option) vagina?

I understand the armpits. But you know, you've got hair down there for a couple of reasons. Aren't you going to miss it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:00 pm
Brazilian isn't completely naked. More a landing strip sort of thing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:09 pm
landing strip ... Laughing

Doesnt brazillian include lips, and pubic bone? ( basically everything except butt cheeks.. ? )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:16 pm
Read all about it here...

http://www.salon.com/health/feature/1999/09/03/bikini/

OUCH!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:39 pm
Quote:
The pain isn't bad at all but I become alarmed when she grabs my labia, folds them back and spreads wax on them. Riiiiiiiip.

Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:45 pm
i think i want one........
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 02:09 pm
Cool article although I'm not into being ripped to shreds like that. I might just test out the laser thingie.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 02:19 pm
seems like you can get the same 'pattern' out of a razor blade.
I dont know that I can justify having my sweet spot ripped and tuged until I cry..
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:10 am
oh the brazillian is compete nakedness for me. sorry i was gone...had family issues this weekend. my armpits were a war zone to begin with, so the laser didn't really hurt them (i have thick black hair that would give me the green tint under my skin). i would liken it to getting snapped with a rubber band over and over.

as far as pubic hair having other purposes, i have been shaving down there since the hair came in (being a competitive swimmer and considering my hair was so thick, i shaved it as to not have an unfortunate "bulge" in my swim suit. sounds kinda horrible i know, but if i only kept it nice and trimmed, it would poke through. so needless to say, i am used to having no hair, and it is so uncomfortable when it grows in now that i continue to shave.

oh and the brazillian, to them at least, included "turn over so we can get the crack". yeah , that was tough to take. however, with the lydicaine, it was a breeze. i don't even feel my armpits, and my brazillian is about 1/10th as bad as it used to be. waxing down there was significantly more painful than any lasering!!!!!!!!! trust me on that one.

i want to do my legs soon. just have to have the cash. i was surprised though, it wasn't all that expensive. at sona at least if you prepay four treatments you get five which they claim rids you of 97% of hair (true on my armpits...they and i will be having a chat with them on the other area since they guarantee 97% and i am at about 75% there.)

i recommend it to anyone! it is the best thing i have ever done and well worth the money. and again...waxing both my armpits and brazillian were much more painful than lasering. heeven, it really isn't that bad until they get to the lips...but with the lydicaine, i could probably take a nap durning it.

treatment #5 today, i will let you know how it goes...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:21 am
I have a moustache which I bleach.Every time I see the halo of light hair mixed with a few dark ones above my top lip I reeeeeaaaally wish Id have the guts to have lazer treatment.
It makes my confidence plummet knowing if Im in a certain light it glows like a beacon.
I have a mini beard as well(mmmm, nice) which I pluck.

Bleaching it makes the hair light, does that mean the lazertreatment wouldnt work on it?
Would I have to 'grow out' th light hair?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:28 am
uhh..
about how much is the treatement costing?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:29 am
i think as long as the root is dark, you would be ok. because they make you shave immediately before you come in so they can actually target the root and not the hair. i also have the lip problem, and that will more than likely be my next laser area...if not my legs...eventually i guess i will do both. ugh, i wax my lip now...painful! i think lasering would be better...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:32 am
i paid around $1300 for both my armpits and full bikini (5 treatments each) so that worked out to be...$260 per treatment. it sounds like a lot i know, but to never have to shave again and for me not to have the green tint all the time, i think i would have paid anything they asked me too.

i think my armpits were actually cheaper than my bikini. so i would say around $100 for a treatment for my armpits, and $160 for my bikini. if you pay as you go, you only go once every three months, so it is an extra $150 every three months you shell out. isn't actually so bad-plus think of all the money you save not buying razors, shaving cream etc... Smile
0 Replies