hair lasering anyone????

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:30 am
hmm..it isnt st iDes, it is st iVes..
oy, i need more coffee. I cant spell. Laughing
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp25719_334918_sespider/st__ives/apricot_scrub_invigorating.htm
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
kind of off subject- do apricots have large pits? i am allergic to large pitted fruits. Sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:35 am
yes they do.
well.. not LARGE like an avacado, or a peach.. But if it is an allergy, then I wouldnt touch them.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:39 am
dang it. i am seriously ready to laser my legs...i am getting all these tiny little bumps everywhere which i swear are mini ingrowns-but don't have the pain or hugeness of the bad ones. i was thinking that using the scrubs and vitamin E stuff would help. i get them on my arms too though, and i don't shave there, any ideas? they are all little bumps which when i mess with them, the hair falls out and they go away. kinda ucky, fortunately i have an olive complextion so you can see them!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:42 am
me too. Same thing, same result.

That is what I use . You could try Dove's brand?
I dont think they use fruit juice of any kind in them. ? Or just use a pumice (sp?) stone?
I have to use that on my elbows to stop the little ingrowns there as well.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:44 am
thanks, i will look at dove. i have had such a weird time recently after developing all of these allergies in my late 20s. you would not believe how many soaps, makeup, lotions etc either have one of the following which i am allergic to..

1. coconut oil (retinal palmitate, palmitic acid-anything palm or coconut)
2. avacado oil
3. cocoa (yup that means no chocolate either-ugh)

the pumice sounds like a good idea, will try that.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:45 am
Il look out for that St Ives stuff.

Dragon-ARe you on the Pill?I changed mine recently and have found I dont get as many little spots on my arms(which used to be covred)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:49 am
No chocolate?
My woman-ness feels terribly sorry for you. Laughing
Im in the same boat on the coconut oil allergy. I get HUGE red bumps all over my skin, sometimes in my ear canals. I cant have anything that was remotely NEAR a coconut or I break out. Strangely enough, there is no other nut that I am allergic too. ? Are you the same way ?

Hmm.. interesting tid-bit about the PIll . I didnt know it effected hair growth as well??
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:54 am
Well, not sure about hair growth but it gave me little bumps/spots on my arms.MAy have been where the hair grows but didnt notice.

Ive never looked for hair on my elbows!!
Goodness!!If I cant see it then I try not to let it bother me, hence the size of my bum.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:58 am
Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:59 am
hmm, i didn't know that about the pill. i was on it but now i am on nuva ring-a little plastic ring you insert once a month-lasts three weeks then you take it out to get your period. i just changed to it about a month and a half ago, i will monitor.

about the nuts...i will try to be clean-mind out of gutter, mind out of gutter...if you go by my alcat results i am allergic to cashews and pistachios. but i have never had any reaction to either. however, the coconut is bad-if ingested i get headaches like you wouldn't believe with slight swelling of eyes, if on my skin-hives city-then those little bumps aren't so bad anymore...i may have stumbled onto a solution...distract everyone with hives so they can't see the bumps!!!

yeah the chocolate one stinks! and mg...hence the size of my bum and thighs...have to find something to make up for not being able to eat chocolate (or mint, coconut...)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:09 am
If I were allergic to nuts, I would have to be a lesbian.
Oh, wait...mind OUT of the gutter.
Oh ****..shame on me. Laughing

I know the feeling of.. " If I dont see it, it doesnt matter"
But when it comes to the hair on my arms, it gets itchy and painful so I have to pay attention to it.
I have no clue how big my bum is though.. I know it jiggles... Shocked but that is all the attention i am going to give it.

nuva ring? I have heard of that but I didnt know it was useable yet!
I had my tubes tied. ( too many problem pregnancies) and after Bean was born, i just didnt think I wanted to go through it again. It would have been nice to have something like that before. I had been on the Depo shot...until I gained 60 lbs!! I was PISSED!
I have finally lost that weight ( almost 2 years later) but GOOD grief it was awful. I was always tired, cramps almost all month with no period to offer relief. Always hungry, sugar cravings that made me cry, depression that was just terrible...
grrr
i will get off the Depo soap box now!

Does the ring ever...pop off?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:14 am
actually it would pop out, haha. but no it doesn't. it is a flexible plastic ring that elutes BC when warmed...heehee, i will stay out of the gutter there too...naughty wolf...

it is amazingly unnoticeable. i have to use the little stickers it comes with to remember to take it out on time. it rocks! mr. dragon has reported no adverse side effects during the act either. also, i once i switched i was finally able to lose weight again...15lbs since i started trying...and a lot of encouragement from a2k on the virtual weight loss thread...

would be a killer for the romantic moment though if it was like a rubberband and snapped out and hit mr. d or flew across the room...luckily, no such thing has happened Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:21 am
dragon49 wrote:
would be a killer for the romantic moment though if it was like a rubberband and snapped out and hit mr. d or flew across the room...luckily, no such thing has happened Smile

Laughing
I almost choked on my coffee reading that.
I pictured..
well..
I think you pictured what I did.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:25 am
my other initial fear was it getting lost...not that there is all that much room in there, but hey ya never know. they assured me i was an idiot and sent me on my way.

believe it or not, i have no side effects from it. its amazing. no break through bleeding, no mood swings, ability to actually lose weight...

i might shout from the rooftops...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:28 am
it sounds like the most liberating bc on the market, well.. I think the patch might be the best? The only problem with the patch is that if you are 10 lbs over weight or more, it isnt as effective.
99% of people are 10lbs over thier medical ideal.. >sigh<
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:31 am
yeah they told me i was borderline at 185 lbs (now around 170 thank god!). so same thing as the patch i guess. i would agree the patch would be better than the ring i guess, not as invasive. Wink it has however worked for me...and i would say now after losing 15lbs i am still 25 overweight (5'10", large bone structure).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:58 am
Wow.
you dont sound the least bit overweight to me. You sound like your body is perfect. Perfect height / weight ratio. I dont think the doctors 'requirements' for being thin/ overweight/obese are acurate at all.
You know that ...i THINK.. 25 lbs over weight catagorizes a person as morbidly obese?!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
really? well, i am comparing myself to my weight in college... i would really just like the rolls to roll away...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 11:09 am
Laughing

the weight we had in college will NEVER come back. >sadly enough<
we dont have that metabolisim anymore .
Too bad!
If I knew now what I knew then, I would have flaunted more, dressed up more, had a better self image, and adjusted my eating habits SOONER
haha!!
0 Replies