Am I a paedophile

Mills75

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 11:37 pm
Quite the paradox, isn't it.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:50 pm
I wish Borealace would come back and explain further. Like Mills and oss, I think he might just be afraid of negative reactionss, but, as i said, I don't think Borealace is a "menace to society", and I applaud him for recognizing the repulsiveness of pedophiles. In my mind, there is a wide gulf between practitioner and admirer.

alphaomega: I would like to see anyone, straight, gay, or pedophile, suddenly decide to not think about their objects of sexual desire. :wink: Damn near impossible, that.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 02:15 pm
Ossobuco--

Excellent reasoning.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:05 pm
Someone--I think Mills--used the phrase, the clinical definition of pedophilia. This can't refer to some physiologically grounded behavioral problem, like schizophrenia. There are too many cutures around the world that find young girls attractive and marriaglible at puberty. But it might be argued, I suppose, that in OUR culture (and everyone lives within the constraining parameters of a culture) the restrictions against sex with people under 18 years of age are SO strong that anyone who feels compelled to violate those restrictions IS suffering from some kind of "clinical" problem.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:26 pm
Great comment, JL, that helps me zero in on what I think.

In our culture, acting on attraction to people in early puberty is at the least a tremendous power violation. Appreciation of the piquance of the time of budding sexuality seems to me to be perfectly normal. Sexual obsession with it, a probable problem.

Now me, I am really a mess. I find it piquant to see older people age. (I'm only half kidding.) Age and grace are much more interesting to me now, not least because of the exposed vulnerability in the presence of the sagging face muscle, the beginning of crepe-neck. Not that these are a turn on, so much as that they project a kind of (living human, must find better words).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:07 pm
I agree, Osso, with both paragraphs.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:46 pm
Nod.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:15 am
JLNobody wrote:
Someone--I think Mills--used the phrase, the clinical definition of pedophilia. This can't refer to some physiologically grounded behavioral problem, like schizophrenia. There are too many cutures around the world that find young girls attractive and marriaglible at puberty. But it might be argued, I suppose, that in OUR culture (and everyone lives within the constraining parameters of a culture) the restrictions against sex with people under 18 years of age are SO strong that anyone who feels compelled to violate those restrictions IS suffering from some kind of "clinical" problem.

The clinical definition specifies attraction to prepubescent youths. It's not pedophilia if the individual seeks to have sex with sexually mature youths (remember, 'sexually mature' simply means physically capable of procreation). It's been years since I've studied psychology or worked in mental health, but I don't think they've yet found the root cause of pedophilia. What we do know is that pedophilia is a tough disorder to correct--once a person who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children has actual sexual contact with a such a child, that person is unlikely to ever be able to end the behavior voluntarily.
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:35 pm
I'm still here.
Just following the dialogue.
I kind of wanted to see what the opinions were on the whole before hunkering down and replying one by one.
I haven't got the time at the moment to reply, because I have a lot to say.

But for now, thanks for the candidness in your replies. It is much food for thought. I will return shortly to put some of my own food on the table.

Till then...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 06:38 pm
Glad you are still here listening, I gathered you would be.
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'm with the wabbit on the issue of what is or what is not normal in matters of human sexuality--insofaras concerns feelings . . . as opposed to actions. I'd suggest that a morbid but not altogether mentally unhealthy fascination were the root cause.

Of more significance to me would be the objectification of people as sexual objects. Fishin' speaks of seeing women in their twenties and mistaking them for teenagers. Even when i know women with a very young look to be in their twenties, i find them incredibly boring. I could not imagine twenty minutes of sustainable conversation with them, let alone an entire evening. Which leads us to Miss Wabbit's remarks about feeding one's fantasies. So long as you see women not as persons, but as sexual objects, the danger of acting upon an obsession grows with the strength of the morbid fascination. See them as each a real and individually personable human being, and you begin to remove the danger, and increase the likelihood that YOU will act your age.

Good points Setanta.
I very much see women as human beings and not solely as sex objects. I guess that's what keeps me from acting on a clearly immoral impulse. Were they simply a body to shag, I'm sure my thoughts would turn to action.
In similar vein however, the voyeuristic tendancies of "girl watching" has little to do with their personhood, or anything that vaguely represents even a slight interest in sustainable conversation.
Maybe it would have been more appropriate to say that I find these young women attractive to look at, am I a peadophile.

I think this will evolve as I respond further.
Thanks Set.
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:30 pm
Priamus wrote:

It is no normal to be attracted by a child of 11 years, sincerely.

I want to make a constructive critic but it is difficult when we talk about children. I could believe (why not) you wouldn´t like to have a sexual encounter with this kind of person, but I focus it that you woulnd´t dare for legal aftermaths because if you are attracted by them it´s for a sexual instinct. I think you could have a problem and you should solve it.

I think that's a very interesting point Priamus.
I wonder what kind of world this would be for the young women of that age if there were no "legal aftermaths".
Probably be a lot like SE Asia...a place that caters to sex tours for men who want to have sex with children without the same consequences we have here in N. America.
I could very well go there, as I do fancy asian women....but again, there is something preventing me from making a move in that direction, and it is independent of the law.

Priamus wrote:

The mere fact that there are other men who have the same likings doesn´t justify anything. Maybe your education can counteract your sexual instincts and that it´s good.
You could be a paedophile. But, of course, I can be wrong.

I am not a religious man, but I have a strong moral foundation that simply prohibits taking action on these urges.
The question can also be read as, can I have these urges and be labelled a paedophile?
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:33 pm
Letty wrote:
Priamus, Welcome to A2K. I read a book once that was written from the viewpoint of a man who was attracted to young girls. In the end, he decided it was because he never felt comfortable with women his own age, and that problem intensified. That may be what you are experiencing. Don't label yourself just yet. Try going out with someone older than you. I think you will find that may alleviate the problems.

I am engaged to a women my age. I love her dearly, and I am attracted to her like nothing else in the world.
But, I am a human, and my love and attraction for her does not make me blind to what else walks this earth.
I would not cheat on her with a 30 year old any more than I would with a 13 year old.
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:44 pm
Mills75 wrote:

borealace: are we talking prepubescent young girls or sexually mature young girls? The former is problematic and the latter is simply biology. I've seen twelve year olds with the bodies of eighteen year olds and twenty year olds who looked like they just got out of junior high. If you're a sexually healthy heterosexual male, then it's only natural to experience varying degrees of attraction to sexually mature females. Cognitively knowing the female is underage doesn't change her status as sexually mature; though, of course, said knowledge should put the brakes on any further consideration of the subject as a potential sexual partner.

Great distinction.
I am attracted to sexually mature girls, independent of age.
It just so happens, some of the girls are only in middle school...but it's not only girls in middle school that I find attractive.
Developed legs (not skinny child legs), developed hips and waist (not straight bodied children), visible breasts (not boy chested girls) are some of the characteristics I am fond of.
They have a general flawlessness about them, and are appealing to the (my) eye.
I feel nothing toward an 18 year old who looks like she's 12.

Mills75 wrote:

Let's try to remember that sexual maturity (i.e., the development of secondary sexual characteristics and the ability to procreate) is an objective biological fact while "underage" is a subjective social construct. Less than a hundred years ago (hell, less than thirty years ago depending on what part of the country we're talking about) it was perfectly acceptable for a man in his late twenties or early thirties to marry a girl in her early teens. In some states today the age of consent is still as low as fourteen.

This gets more difficult to explain when you introduce the sexual awareness that a 14 or 15 year old has these days. Many of them see sexy on MTV and they try to emulate it, and poorly so. But there are some who have naturally adopted it and incorporated it in their being.
This too I find attractive, and probably the single factor that would make resisting more difficult. Once someone becomes a willing participant, the dynamic changes, IMO

Mills75 wrote:

If you're attracted to an eleven year old who looks like a child, then that's problematic (this is even abnormal among most other mammals except in times of great environmental stress); if you're attracted to an eleven year old who looks like an adult, then you're suffering from nothing more than biology. However, if you can't keep your attraction in check and act in accord with social norms and law, then you suffer from a lack of impulse control and that's problematic.

So, you're saying that there are probably thousands of men who feel the same way...biologically?
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:48 pm
goodfielder wrote:
Quote:
Although I will never act upon the attraction, am I normal for feeling like this?

That's now. Just remember that it's difficult to transgress societal rules the first time, the second time is a bit easier, the third easier still and so on. Get professional counselling now. Do it before you succumb. I'm not being judgemental, I'm being practical. I'm not going to label you as anything, that's not at all helpful but do ask for professional advice. And do it now.

Can't see it ever happening.
I've been feeling this for years and years...adn the older I get, the less likely it becomes of ever becoming a reality.
I have a youthful look, despite my age, and am often fancied by younger girls. If it didn't happen when they were swooning me, it ain't never gonna happen.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:49 pm
According to dictionary.com, and common sense:

Pedophile: An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.

YES, you are a pedophile. You're attracted to children, period. I don't know how the hell there's eight pages of "discussion" to answer this simple question.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:50 pm
Boralace, you sound like a moral-nobel person to me. Your urges are your own private business.You do not have control over them. This principle applies to everyone. It's only your/our actions that may be of concern to society. Be faithful to your betrothed and enjoy your harmless private fantasies.
And blessing to you.
JL
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:51 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

There is a big diffrence between finding another human being ( no matter the age ) sexually attractive and finding them sexual game.

From a purely sexual perspective....I couldn't imagine a more dismal sexual experience than sex, or sexual activity with a 14 year old.
I think that's what separates me, is that they are not game.
If I had a problem, as some have suggested, I believe I would "do them" for the sake of "doing them" by virtue of their age, and by no other criteria.
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 03:55 pm
Mills75 wrote:
I think many of us don't realize that kids, particular girls, are sexually maturing physically at a much earlier age than they have since such data has been recorded.

I would agree that they are "building them differently" these days.
(and dressing them differently too).
0 Replies

borealace

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 04:00 pm
alphaomega wrote:

the first post in this thread just doesn't make any sense. either you are attracted to them or not, you can't be definitively very attracted to them and definitively not very attracted to them at the same time. you just need to make sense. and your first post does not make ANY sense

alphaomega wrote:
ok so whats the problem i like and don't like a lot of things at the same time. i don't see anything to debate here.

alphaomega wrote:
why does he want to talk about it though? lots of people like and dislike things at the same time and it isn't a problem. i just don't see any issue here.

Talk about not making sense.
Liking something and not liking something at the same time seems either illogical or impossible.
If there is nothing to debate here, 3 replies is awfully excessive.
Read my replies and if you have something meaningful to contribute, then contribute.
0 Replies