Blood sacrifice. Are they divine or satanic?

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 10:15 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I say that, probably within a few hundred years ,

If it takes that long buddy, we are collectively the most stupid animal on the planet.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 10:17 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

I would say that the Christianity was responsible for sacrificing many with their inquisitions after the times you say sacrifice was abolished.

Why don't you understand the difference between moral ideology and regulation. Christian moral ideology eliminates blood sacrifice and scapegoating ideologically by allowing the sacrifice of one, Jesus Christ, to atone for the sins of all.

What you want is for Christianity to have some form of regulatory power to effectively stop sin, but how can an ideology/philosophy stop sin except by people adhering to it? If they fail to adhere to it, they sin, and then the question becomes whether to require blood sacrifice to atone for the sin or whether to forgive it.

Do you want blood sacrifice to be forgiven or do you want it atoned for with more blood sacrifice?

Quote:
Most just see those ancient Christians as murderers for that, and not much better today with their immoral homophobic and misogynous ways that seem to come from the adoration of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Does your mouth foam and froth when you type this kind of rhetoric, or are you just calmly and happily pecking such words onto the screen?

Only the really stupid will see god saying, -- let's have a really great sacrifice to end sacrifices.

Regards
DL
livinglava

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 12:11 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Only the really stupid will see god saying, -- let's have a really great sacrifice to end sacrifices.

What is stupid is the way you think about God. God is not like a human individual. God is the underlying creative force behind nature and all that happens in the universe. He doesn't think, "let's have a really great sacrifice to end sacrifices." Rather, culture/society evolved the practice of blood sacrifices and scapegoating and conscience evolved to question it and eventually what happened with Jesus happened and the resulting transformation of culture altered morality regarding sin, how to deal with it, and whether to condemn/execute people for sin.

There was no human puppet-master controlling the evolution of culture that led to Jesus' crucifixion and the subsequent 2000+ year carrying forth of the story to generation after generation. It was an act of God; a very big and long-lasting act of God.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 04:23 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

It was an act of God; a very big and long-lasting act of God.

I see that as a lie because you have nothing to show as evidence or proof.

If your god is Yahweh, you might wonder why you follow a genocidal and evil god.

Regards
DL
livinglava

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

livinglava wrote:

An 'act of God' refers to anything that happens beyond human control. It is a term used for things like storm damage and plane crashes.

Quote:
If your god is Yahweh, you might wonder why you follow a genocidal and evil god.

We live in the same universe, so your universe contains the same history of genocide and other evils that mine does. You either denying God's existence or criticizing/hating Him for the bad that occurs doesn't legitimate whatever you do follow, e.g. yourself, Satan, or whatever.
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 07:47 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

livinglava wrote:

An 'act of God' refers to anything that happens beyond human control. It is a term used for things like storm damage and plane crashes.

Quote:

We live in the same universe, so your universe contains the same history of genocide and other evils that mine does. You either denying God's existence or criticizing/hating Him for the bad that occurs doesn't legitimate whatever you do follow, e.g. yourself, Satan, or whatever.

Sure beats calling a genocidal god good the way brain dead Christians do.

Regards
DL
0 Replies