So you think you know the USA?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:11 am
goodfielder, Apologies not necessary. As a matter of fact, your 82% speaks well of your knowledge of geography of the US - better than most Americans, I dare say.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:24 am
88% - average error 19 miles - 401 sec.

Problem with Delaware but not very far.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:53 am
Found the link. Its by the same software folks. I started a whole new thread about it. Go try your luck! ;-)

nimh wrote:
Piffka wrote:
I wonder if there is one of these for the UK... or Europe. It would be fun to try and (after a few tries) we'd probably know a lot more about geography.

I know I know I know there is one!

I was just playing it earlier this week! Exact same game. One of my colleagues emailed it around. We all did it - like high school kids excitedly exchanging scores, heh. (No, we're not funded by the government, so thats OK)

I actually wanted to make a thread here to link to it! But I forgot. Lemme go get the URL.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:54 am
84%, 23 miles avg. error, 210 seconds.

Delaware, my Achilles heel.
0 Replies

joeljkp

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
86%, 34 miles
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:35 am
First time, got 90% after just not being careful with my dragging and dropping of obvious ones. (I mean, California!) Second one, was more careful but the beginning was harder for me -- southern states are my weakness. Still 90%, avg error of 15 miles.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:13 pm
Sozobe, you should try the Europe one, I'm curious!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:17 pm
I did -- saw that before this one, f a i l e d. I mean, miserably. England I know!! I couldn't do any of the ones within the land mass. I mean, the first one I got was Vatican City, which is totally tiny and I could forgive myself for being pretty far off, but when I was like an average of 1,000 miles off after 8 attempts, or something, I started getting discouraged. Shocked

Suffice it to say, I know American geography better.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:20 pm
Wowsa. Well, it totally makes a difference which countries you get first. If you get France, Italy and the Ukraine first, things immediately get a lot easier. If you get Lithuania, Moldova and San Marino first, well, you're basically fukced if you're not a total nerd.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:22 pm
80%....whew...I need to brush up on my geography.
0 Replies

teamventure

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:10 pm
100%, 0 miles off, but it gave me Colorado early, and I debated a while how to place it (whether it is one of the four corners states, which it is). And got lucky with placement of South Dakota early as well.

Fred
0 Replies