Who is Elizabeth Warren?

RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 06:36 pm
@Lash,
I know what I am just as I know you are a republican operative doing your best to sow dissension among the democrats.
Lash

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 07:33 pm
@RABEL222,
You’re just a delirious old geezer who sees Republican operatives and Russian spies in every shadow.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 11:19 pm
Elizabeth Warren Targets 'Corruption Right At The Heart Of Our Government'

Senator Elizabeth Warren, 2020 Democratic candidate for president, talks with Rachel Maddow about selfie lines
and her goal of building a grass roots movement to restructure the broken parts of government and address corruption.

Published September 17, 2019

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2019 10:36 pm
Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders:

Democratic Priorities in our Budget

Published December 6th, 2017

RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 02:50 pm
@Real Music,
I guess that the republican machine has noticed Warren is on top of the crowd. Two radio commentator's who swallow every lie Trump spouts just attacked Warren for telling two lies. Of course they never mentioned the republican machine. You never bite the hand that feeds you.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 02:52 pm
@RABEL222,
I forgot to ask you lash how are you eating nowadays.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 03:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You never bite the hand that feeds you.

That’s what Hitler’s lieutenants said.
Real Music

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:31 am
*** About Elizabeth Warren ***

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren is widely credited for the original thinking, political courage, and relentless persistence that led to the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)—and as an assistant to President Barack Obama and special adviser to the Secretary of the Treasury, Elizabeth led the establishment of the consumer agency to protect consumers from financial tricks and traps often hidden in mortgages, credit cards, and other financial products.

Wall Street opposed the CFPB, and they didn’t want Elizabeth—the agency’s biggest champion—to run it. So after Senate Republicans vowed to block Elizabeth’s nomination to serve as the first director of the CFPB, she ran for the United States Senate in her home state of Massachusetts. Elizabeth won—and then she won again. Elizabeth Warren has served as the Bay State’s Senior Senator since 2013.

Elizabeth Warren and her husband Bruce Mann have been married for 38 years. They have three grandchildren and a golden retriever named Bailey.

Elizabeth Warren: Why we need to break up Big Tech.

Facebook, Amazon, and Google run the internet.
In fact, Big Tech spent almost $50 million dollars in lobbying last year.
They know they have a lot to lose if Washington starts putting the interests of consumers first.

Published March 13, 2019

0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 09:46 am
Anyone afraid Warren won't be able to take on Trump, should maybe think again.

Quote:
"A voter approaches you and says, 'Senator, I am old-fashioned, and my faith teaches me that marriage is between one man and one woman.' What is your response?" Cox asked.

"Well, I'm going to assume it's a guy who said that," Warren replied. "And I'm going to say then just marry one woman. I'm cool with that."

After waiting a beat or two through some applause, she added "Assuming you can find one."

Ouch! I'm not so sure about that last part, but the straight-up advice to just go ahead and marry that One Woman seems sound enough. Just quit telling other folks who to love and whom to marry, and all will be well.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/10/watch-elizabeth-warrens-classic-response
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 10:18 am
@Lash,
I'm a bit late to responding and maybe you've offered something more coherent further on, but this comment of yours makes very little sense.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 03:17 pm
Elizabeth's most recent gaffe came in at the CNN town hall last night.

Oh yeah sure, she's all for LGBTQIA rights. That's fine. What pissed me off was her little moment of old time song singing.

When speaking about her Oklahoma upbringing (am I the only one who now yawns when she goes there), she decided to tell of singing about Jesus and loving the children. Then she recited,, 'they are yellow black and white '. Quite sad that she didn't include RED. I would have thought a person claiming indigenous peoples heritage would have. I know in my church songing, the words of Jesus Loves The Little Children were "red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight..."

Apparently Liz only plans to include the inhabitants of this land with a lineage predating the Invasions, only when it suits her agenda.
Lash

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 05:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Warren is not a 'centrist'. She was left of Obama, remember? And Obama was a centrist.

Obama talked left when he was running; he governed centrist right, except his healthcare attempt.

Warren definitely talks left and you can count on her governing from the center right. She’s waffled several times about taking money from corporations and Medicare for All. She took benefits set aside for people whose lives had been negatively impacted by discrimination—while she was living a lily-White existence. She said she’d been fired for being pregnant, although that was a second, quite different iteration of that story a la Biden.

Voting for Warren is a lot like a box of chocolates, ...you don’t know what you’re going to get.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 08:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
(am I the only one who now yawns when she goes there)

(no — it makes me cringe, too)
Quote:
Quite sad that she didn't include RED.

But maybe her church didn't sing that version of the song. I'd fault her for singing it at all rather than for what she left out of it.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2019 08:15 am
Elizabeth Warren's plan to protect our democracy.

It’s time to make voting easy and convenient, stop racist voter suppression, and secure our elections.
I've got a plan to protect our democracy.

Published June 25, 2019

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2019 12:26 pm
Elizabeth Warren Pushes Democrats To Take On Republicans.

Senator Elizabeth Warren talks with Rachel Maddow about the differences between Democrats and Republicans
on popular issues like student loans and the minimum wage, and why she thinks emphasizing those distinctions
is key to Democratic political success

Published April 1, 2015

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2019 02:11 pm
@Lash,
I am sure how would know all about Hitler's todies. Do you still have your copy of Men Kampf?
Lash

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2019 02:54 pm
@RABEL222,
I gotta say—the six days it took you to formulate that response was REALLY worth the wait.

Yes. I’m a German Russian, and I admit to really enjoying Men Kamp.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2019 01:54 pm
@Lash,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 06:18 am
@Lash,
Unlike some here I have another life and don't live on able 2 know so yes sometimes it takes days to formulate a reply. Does that cause you a problem? Tough.
engineer

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2019 01:21 pm
Interesting observations from FiveThirtyEight.com

Quote:
As the Ukraine scandal continues to dominate the headlines, former Vice President Joe Biden remains the most-mentioned candidate on cable news. But even though Biden has been getting so much attention, Sen. Elizabeth Warren has been slowly and steadily rising in popularity (although not at his expense). Last Tuesday, Warren surpassed Biden in the RealClearPolitics average of polls for the first time. It should come as no surprise, then, that Warren is the next most-mentioned candidate on cable news after Biden and that her share of coverage increased last week from the previous week, according to data from the TV News Archive,1 which chops up TV news into 15-second clips.

But Warren’s rise in coverage isn’t all about how well she’s doing in the polls, and it’s also not evenly distributed across the three networks that we monitor (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC). This week she was mentioned in 327 clips on Fox News, but only 176 on MSNBC and 108 on CNN, marking the second week in a row that she has been mentioned significantly more on Fox News compared to the other networks.
0 Replies