0

Does Jesus qualify as an idol?

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 11:34 am
Does Jesus qualify as an idol?

In reading the various definitions of idol, I think Christians have turned Jesus into the type of idol that he railed against.

We all idol worship in some sense. If you can think analogically you will agree. Here is a poet that might help you do that. He has a good message but he himself ends in being an idol worshiper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZg1ZflpJs&list=PL-y1um9fkZCacsUPHZpHsjqdcC4JzZyeT&index=5

Commandment #3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.”

Christians put Jesus before Yahweh.

Commandment #4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,

Christian churches are full of carved images.

Gnostic Christians also have an ideal, but we do not let ourselves be subsumed by our own creations and remain perpetual seekers of the best god/rules and laws to live by, as Jesus taught.

I see Christians and Muslims as idol worshipers.

Is Jesus a Christian and Muslim idol and are they idol worshipers as most theologians say?

Regards
DL

RABEL222

1  
Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 01:55 pm
@Greatest I am,
If the Christian religion is based on the teachings of Jesus why is the old textment, the Jewish bible, included in the Christian bible?

2  
Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:01 pm

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:41 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I do not think I said such a thing anywhere.
I know Jesus refers back to the O.T. for some of his policies. His no divorce policy for women for instance as well as that disgusting substitutional punishment policy.

I did say that Christians put Jesus above Yahweh and thus break the first commandment.

He is glorified in church while Yahweh is never mentioned.

It is always, Jesus saves, while they ignore that it was Yahweh's who unjustly decided he would change his good policy of punishing the guilty to punishing the innocent.

Regards
DL