• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,377 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 06:55 am
@Mariestrebe,
Get out and be among people. Not for the purpose of finding a boyfriend, but to have company. Do things you enjoy, whatever they are. Staying at home, alone, will only aggravate these feelings.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 07:04 am
@Mariestrebe,
Speaking as a man. Jespah is correct. A boyfriend is not a good cure flr loneliness, a relationship is much better when you arent depending on each other this way.

Get out and do interesting things with other people; find things you like to do. Then when an interesting boyfriend comes around you can have a good relationship.

If you need things to do with people, the "meetup" website might help.
0 Replies

Mariestrebe

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 09:25 am
@jespah,
I have a hard time dealing with it.
jespah

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 10:02 am
@Mariestrebe,
I understand. I've been lonely too. I think most if not all people have.

This is why being alone is only going to make you feel more lonely.

You need distractions in your life. But more than that, you need to live your life. There is more out there than romantic love. Which is wonderful, but it shouldn't be the only thing to make you happy.

Go to a class. Volunteer. Call friends. Hook a rug. Go to a shelter and hug some puppies and kittens. Hit the gym. Take a walk. Drive some place you've never been to before. Cook a new recipe.

All of these things have one big thing in common. They aren't dwelling on loneliness.

If it's impossible, and so hard that these things don't make a difference, then call your doctor.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2019 04:31 pm
@Mariestrebe,
You have YOU. YOU, are the ONLY person that you will ever be able to count on 100% of the time. Between relationships, and even after my husband passed away, I took the opportunity to focus on myself and my life. Even while married, we had "alone" time to do things that we enjoyed separate from each other. (Ex. I do NOT like to fish, or play poker. He had a buddies for that.) Now granted, I lean toward a solitary lifestyle so being alone is easy for me. But, find a hobby or perhaps an activity that you enjoy and have at it!
0 Replies