Are animal attractions (circuses, zoos, aquariums, etc.) no longer considered politically correct?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:33 pm
This is silly as respects domesticated animals.

If you wish to argue we should all give up our love for dogs, cats, horses and cattle etc, fine, but you will never come out on top.

Stop being an idiot that has no chance of ever prevailing.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 06:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was just pointing out what ridiculous extremes the animal rights people go to or could go to.

What's the difference between ASPCA and PETA?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:59 am
@JGoldman10,
Frankly, I don't know that I pointed my comments to you.

The difference between ASPCA and PETA is rather large.

ASPAC is OK with people having pets, they just don't want anyone to abuse them (I agree wholeheartedly). PETA doesn't want anyone to have pets.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 01:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Okay, I wasn't sure if you were or not.

I found this:

https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/american-society-for-the-prevention-of-cruelty-to-animals-aspca/ :

"The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) has something it doesn’t want you to know. Raising over $100 million a year from those weepy Sarah McLachlan commercials, the ASPCA spends little of that money on sheltering pets across America. Instead of supporting animal welfare, the ASPCA is quickly converting to the largest PETA-like animal “liberation” group in the United States. (And the Humane Society of the United States, which runs similar ads, is even worse."

https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states/ :

"The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is a radical animal rights group that inaccurately portrays itself as a mainstream animal care organization. The words “humane society” may appear on its letterhead, but HSUS is not affiliated with your local animal shelter. Despite the omnipresent dogs and cats in its fundraising materials and television commercials, it’s not an organization that runs spay/neuter programs or takes in stray, neglected, and abused pets. And quite unlike the common image of animal protection agencies as cash-strapped organizations dedicated to animal welfare, HSUS has become the wealthiest animal rights organization on earth."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
I think you may be right. "Animal Rights" activism is a spreading disease with little hope of doing much more than closing down circuses.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I never cared much for the circus anyways. Eventually it even got me to exit organized religion.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
PETA is kind of like a bunch of lunatics. They have the disgraceful habit of throwing paint on people wearing fur.

I can understand being anti-fur wearing; however, hold a rally, press conference or parade. Even talk to the fur laden person (if they'll give you that moment). Attacking is not right, neither is it helpful.

Also, do any PETA people wear leather belts or shoes? I hope so, as that can highlight their idiocy.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:29 pm
@Sturgis,
I know about them. I saw docs about them when I was in art school.

I think they had a campaign one time to encourage people to boycott eating beef, eggs and poultry, and they showed how the beef and poultry people eat gets processed and how eggs get treated if I remember right.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
They are too extreme. They'd have a better chance of success if they toned it down some.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So you agree with what I posted from Activismfacts.com? You believe what this site says about ASPCA and the Humane Society is true?

A quick Google search tells me:
"ASPCA is an Animal Welfare organization and PETA is an Animal Rights organization. Animal Welfare is basically believing that animals should be treated humanely and be given proper care, but acknowledges that animals are not people and should not be viewed as such."

This is the supposed difference between ASPCA and PETA, assuming what Activismfacts.com says about ASPCA and the Humane Society is true.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 04:01 pm
@Sturgis,
I agree. I think they're ridiculous.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:19 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I never cared much for the circus anyways. Eventually it even got me to exit organized religion.

Please elaborate! Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:21 am
@Sturgis,
They are more about virtue signaling than protecting animals.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:23 am
@JGoldman10,
I agree that I have seen signs that ASPCA and the Humane Society have become a bit radicalized, but they still are miles above PETA
0 Replies