Are animal attractions (circuses, zoos, aquariums, etc.) no longer considered politically correct?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 09:55 pm
@Sturgis,
If you were a Christian, you would probably understand what I am referring to.

Genesis 1:26- "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

My family and I have prayed and commanded animals in Jesus' name to perform certain actions, like shutting up or coming forth or being still.

If animals are trying to prey on Christians, Christians can pray and ask the God for wisdom, knowledge and discernment and protection when dealing with them. The can pray and ask the Lord to intercede and to dispatch angels to help them deal with the animals.
nacredambition

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 10:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
PETA is extremist. I recall seeing some of their propaganda films

Go on , eh.

Quote:
My family and I have prayed and commanded animals in Jesus' name to perform certain actions, like shutting up or coming forth or being still.

If animals are trying to prey on Christians, Christians can pray and ask the God for wisdom, knowledge and discernment and protection when dealing with them. The can pray and ask the Lord to intercede and to dispatch angels to help them deal with the animals.

Do you think that it's politically correct to invoke super beings to sic the angels onto the innocent animals over which you hold dominion?

When, where, why?

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Kindly stop waving around the "christian" stuff. Others, who do not call themselves Christians follow the bible too. I am familiar with the bible passages. (Methodist and Jewish upbringing)
Did you know that when the book of Genesis was written there were no Christians?

Now if you want to use that as your guide, then shouldn't you also be affording these creatures a life in the wilderness as God so intended?

One other thing, Jews also read the book of Genesis.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 12:37 am
@Sturgis,
If I may ask, are you a Christian?

You are prompting me to ask another question- should people who are NOT Christians follow the Bible? I think people who follow the Word of God need to get Saved first, so they can get a better understanding of it.

I am a Christian, I am not to deny God in front of others.

I am wondering, what does the Bible say about animal rights?

As I said, God gave man dominion over animals:

https://www.gotquestions.org/animal-rights.html

Having dominion doesn't mean we should animals any old way we want to. I am against animal cruelty. People should not be abusing and mistreating animals that aren't bothering anyone. A lot of animal rights groups go to ridiculous extremes, regarding their agendas.

People who abuse and mistreat innocent animals should be dealt with. I am referring to people who like to do cruel, sadistic things like shoot innocent cats and dogs with bb guns for fun.

Not everyone who makes animals perform tricks and such are abusing them. A lot of pet owners like to train their pets to do these things.

I wonder what PETA and these other animal rights groups think about that.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 01:02 am
Soundtrack for this thread.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 01:15 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If I may ask, are you a Christian?

You are prompting me to ask another question- should people who are NOT Christians follow the Bible? I think people who follow the Word of God need to get Saved first, so they can get a better understanding of it.

I am a Christian, I am not to deny God in front of others.

I am wondering, what does the Bible say about animal rights?

As I said, God gave man dominion over animals:

https://www.gotquestions.org/animal-rights.html

Having dominion doesn't mean we should animals any old way we want to. I am against animal cruelty. People should not be abusing and mistreating animals that aren't bothering anyone. A lot of animal rights groups go to ridiculous extremes, regarding their agendas.

People who abuse and mistreat innocent animals should be dealt with. I am referring to people who like to do cruel, sadistic things like shoot innocent cats and dogs with bb guns for fun.

What's the point of hunting and killing animals for sport?

Not everyone who makes animals perform tricks and such are abusing and mistreating them. A lot of pet owners like to train their pets to do these things.

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 01:16 am
@Olivier5,
What does that have to do with the topic question?
Olivier5

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 05:00 am
@JGoldman10,
It's about a female seal from Alaska who goes to work in a circus, leaving her mate behind.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 05:29 am
@JGoldman10,
Again you're using your faith to justify cruelty and bad behaviour. We are not separate from animals we are part of them, we came from them. All this dominion over beasts nonsense creates a false barrier and excuses our terrible behaviour towards them.

Animals are far more intelligent than we give them credit for, especially primates so in many ways we shouldn't be treating them as beasts but as children.

Chimpanzees are more closely related to human beings than they are to gorillas.

ekename

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 05:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Not everyone who makes animals perform tricks and such are abusing them. A lot of pet owners like to train their pets to do these things.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 05:41 pm
@ekename,
Dogs love to do tricks for humans. It is not cruel to ask them to. In fact, I would argue that it is cruel to try and suppress the behaviors humans have bred them for. If you kept a sheepdog from working it would be miserable.

PETA would probably argue that dogs shouldn't ever have come into being, but they did and hundreds of millions of humans and dogs are happy about it, and have been so for a very, very long time.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 09:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
People train their cats, dogs and other pets do tricks- they aren't forcing them to. They aren't abusing and mistreating them to get them to perform.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yes, in many cases they are forcing the animal to perform. Hugs and treats are withheld. That shows just two ways of mistreatment, which is a form of emotional abuse.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't view myself as a Christian. Although raised primarily as one, I departed upon seeing the ridiculous competition between various denominations. If they are all following the same bible and teachings and often singing the same hymns and reciting the same.creeds, how can one be better than another?
I also left for other reasons. One of which involved a preacher who wouldn't even share his sandwich when a hungry person arrived at his door. The preacher had a fully stocked refrigerator,, the man asking for help did not.

As for my beliefs, I am a Deist. No affiliation with any organized religion.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 11:55 pm
@izzythepush,
I am not justifying anything.

Genesis 1:26 - "Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' "

Genesis 1: 27 - "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

I wanted to know what the Bible says about animal rights. A few people gave me this Scripture:

"A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel (Proverbs 12:10)."
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 01:16 am
@JGoldman10,
It sounds like justification to me.

Did you watch the video?

I was amazed how close they are to us, that's not some dumb "beast."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 10:05 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Yes, in many cases they are forcing the animal to perform. Hugs and treats are withheld. That shows just two ways of mistreatment, which is a form of emotional abuse.

Oh please!
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 11:11 am
@Sturgis,
People aren't hurting and/or punishing their pets if they don't perform, as far as I know.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 02:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

People aren't hurting and/or punishing their pets if they don't perform, as far as I know.

Some might of course, but it's not abuse of any sort to use treats and praise in training dogs, any more than it is to use them in rearing children. Sturgis is usually much more level headed than that comment.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 02:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Some might of course, but it's not abuse of any sort to use treats and praise in training dogs, any more than it is to use them in rearing children. Sturgis is usually much more level headed than that comment.

Yes I equally "abuse" my children and dogs. I use bribery all the time. The dogs get treats and my kids get hard cold cash or lobster.

Its really great when I combine the abuse - like when I tell my kids they get something for bringing the dogs out to do their business and in turn the dogs get praise for doing their business outside.

Its like the circle of life.