Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?

JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jul, 2019 08:22 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't recall if I asked you already, but what country are you from?
JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jul, 2019 08:34 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Considering I never seen any successful/popular "comics shown in web video form", then animated videos are presumably more profitable.

Unless you are talking about motion comics (comics that are given some animation and voice-acting), then no, they are not popular.

DC has produced some motion comics for their stories like Superman: Red Son and Watchmen, but they only have a few thousand views.
https://youtu.be/FqOSmfYNg-g

Meanwhile, their traditionally animated videos, like the Green Arrow short, have millions of views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig

No. I am not talking about comic dubs. I mean videos like this (I am just using this as a random example):

This is just basically a video showcase of a comic an artist made, which is set to music.

I befriended the guy who makes these videos. Some of the comics videos in this series are partially-animated. The animated videos he made in this series are far more popular- a number of those videos he makes have generated at least 1 million views. He told me he made good money from producing these videos.

I learned a little bit about how to use Flash from talking to him. I asked him about drawing, animation and other production techniques he used and about what software and tools and equipment he used when he produced his videos.
Olivier5

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 02:14 am
@JGoldman10,
I’m Zimbabwean. You?
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 02:42 am
@Olivier5,
I'm an American. I was under the impression you were French, judging by your post about comic book censorship.
Olivier5

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 06:01 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm an American.

That explains a lot.
Quote:
I was under the impression you were French, judging by your post about comic book censorship.

What an astute observation!
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 11:44 am
@Olivier5,
Do you live in France or in Zimbabwe?

I said I was an American, more specifically, an African American, in other threads. Did you miss that?
Olivier5

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 11:56 am
@JGoldman10,
I live in Italy.
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 12:11 pm
@Olivier5,
What's it like being an African living in Europe? Do you speak fluent French?
Olivier5

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 01:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
They speak Italian.
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 01:59 pm
@Olivier5,
That's not what I asked. You said you were Zimbabwean. I assume you are Black.

What is it like being an African living in Europe? How do you like living in Italy?
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 02:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Do you speak fluent French?

Yes actually it is what you asked.
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 02:42 pm
@chai2,
No. I asked Olivier if SHE spoke French, and she's telling me about OTHERS speaking Italian.
JGoldman10

Sun 28 Jul, 2019 02:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

Considering I never seen any successful/popular "comics shown in web video form", then animated videos are presumably more profitable.

Unless you are talking about motion comics (comics that are given some animation and voice-acting), then no, they are not popular.

DC has produced some motion comics for their stories like Superman: Red Son and Watchmen, but they only have a few thousand views.
https://youtu.be/FqOSmfYNg-g

Meanwhile, their traditionally animated videos, like the Green Arrow short, have millions of views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig

No. I am not talking about comic dubs. I mean videos like this (I am just using this as a random example):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ZVTY7z1qI[/youtube]

This is just basically a video showcase of a comic an artist made, which is set to music.

I befriended the guy who makes these videos. Some of the comics videos in this series are partially-animated. The animated videos he made in this series are far more popular- a number of those videos he makes have generated at least 1 million views. He told me he made good money from producing these videos.

I learned a little bit about how to use Flash from talking to him. I asked him about drawing, animation and other production techniques he used and about what software and tools and equipment he used when he produced his videos.

Rebel, look up Ixapter on YouTube. You'll see what I was talking about with his videos.
Olivier5

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 12:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Sorry, i misread you. I do speak fluent French. I'm a guy, though.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 07:17 am
@JGoldman10,
So, I looked Ixapter's videos. They are odd.

Lots of videos sexualizing Peach and Daisy, and having them in provocative poses.

Animation is akin to those Legend of Zelda CDi games from the early 90s, which is not all a compliment.

I'm not sure why you called the videos "comics shown in web video form". They are just cheap animations with low production values.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 10:43 am
@Rebelofnj,
And Rosalina, the chick in the blue. He had her in provocative poses.

He gave all three of the Mario princesses provocative clothing too.

I asked Ixapter who he made the videos for. He said he "made them for everybody".

When I have the time I want to ask Ixapter more questions about his videos.

I discovered this guy's videos a while ago and they piqued my curiosity.

Did you watch the SMB/Pac-Man comics videos he made?

I'm not talking about the animated ones. The point I was making about his animated ones were he has a number of them then generated at least 1 million views.

Someone I know from a chat site I go to who makes web videos told me you don't have to have videos that generate at least a million views to start making good money on YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe
or any other video hosting site. You can have a bunch that generate 10's to 100's of 1,000's of views before you start making money.

A number of Ixapter's comics videos have 10's to 100's of 1,000's of views and he has a bunch of them. A few of his animated ones have this many views also.

He doesn't have any SMB/Pac-Man or Pokemon/Pac-Man videos that have less then 10,000 views.

Something doesn't have to have high production values to be popular.
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 11:05 am
@JGoldman10,
The humor is not for me, so I have no desire to watch any further.

I find it odd you are watching the videos because of the lewd content. Especially after complaining about smut in secular content. How do you feel about Ixapter using sex to sell his content?
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 11:12 am
@Rebelofnj,
Did you look at any of his Pac-Man/SMB comics videos?

I was aware of the lewd content. That's why I asked him who was he making the videos for.

I think it was odd only two of his animated Pac-Man/SMB videos were age-restricted, or that none of his Pac-Man/SMB comics videos weren't.

Some of the content in these videos is rather suggestive or naughty.

A know a few people who were trying to sway me to use sex to sell my toons and comics. I told them "no", and I am not doing that, especially if I am aiming them at kids/family/all ages.

It's not necessary to use sex to sell cartoons that are "meant for everybody".

You can attract adult viewers without doing that.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 11:21 am
@Rebelofnj,
A lot of his comics videos are video showcases of his comics, i.e., comics he made, set to music. A few of them are interspersed with animation.

He doesn't make comic dubs.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 11:30 am
@Rebelofnj,
The main reason I expressed an interest in Ixapter's videos, and why I befriended him, is because I want to learn how to use Flash and the other types of software and learn about what other tools, equipment and resources he uses when he makes his animated videos and comics videos.