Did I make a mistake by letting him go ?

jesfre

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 02:22 pm
ok here is the thing I started dating this guy named Craig whenever I first moved up here which was about 6 years ago. We dated on and off until about a month ago when I broke up with him. This time around we had been in a steady relationship for 1 year and 3 months and I broke up with him because I started haveing mixed feelings. Craig is 15 now and I am 13. Me and him were very very close like we were more than just a couple we were also best best friends. I could tell him anything and the same for him. We were in love I know that for sure but like that last month we were together I don't know I just started not wanting to be around him as much and just wanting alittle space because I saw him almost everyday all day long. My parents were in love with him because my sister and craigs brother had also dated for like 6 years when we first moved up here so they knew Craig very well. what I am trying to get at is did I make a mistake by letting him go ? Should I have stuck it out or did I do the right thing ? Right now he is in another relationship with a girl. I hate it so much. Everytime I see her and him together its like someone just jabbed a knife into my heart. I can't stand it and now I have to like beg for his friendship like one day he'll be my friend and the next day he's not because he says it's just not working out. Could it just be that he still has feelings for me ? I am so confused please help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,901 • Replies: 61
No top replies

jesfre

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 02:26 pm
Oh and another thing just to tell you how close we were... for our one year aniversary he proposed to me and at the time I said yes but then about 2 months down the road I told him that I thought we were moving to fast and I gave him the ring back. We always talked about moving in together and getting married and having kids you know all that good stuff. We also were um kinda in a sexual relationship like we never had sex but we did everything else so that also made us closer.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 02:36 pm
Hold on you were together for 6 years, you are 13 now and he proposed to you on your 1st anniversary?!!?! What are you playing at!?

Yes you have done the right thing

I'm sure that you and craig had a very very specialy relationship, and i'm not saying because of your age that it wasn't love although it is likely

However, at your age you are
a) not the person you will be as an adult. You change as you grow up and it is better to admit this now then when you realise you are an utterly different person
b) inexperienced with other guys. You need to be with other people before you can make any kind of situation like that.

The fact that you feel strangely about him being with somebody else is totally normal.

Consider this: you thought you were ready to spend the rest of your life with him but a month later he is with somebody else?

Yes you probably both have feelings for each other... but they may not be and probably are not enough to get you back together

If you are meant to be together as a couple, then in a few years when you're both more experienced you will get back together. Use this time to get to know you without him.

love and prayers xx
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:24 pm
Re: Did I make a mistake by letting him go ?
this thread

jesfre wrote:
ok here is the thing I started dating this guy named Craig whenever I first moved up here which was about 6 years ago. We dated on and off until about a month ago when I broke up with him. This time around we had been in a steady relationship for 1 year and 3 months and I broke up with him because I started haveing mixed feelings. Craig is 15 now and I am 13.

elsewhere
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1354743#1354743

jesfre wrote:
ok here's my problem I am 13 years old and the guy I am dating is 24. The only people that know we are dating is me, him my sister and her husband thats is. My mom would never accept the fact that we are dating actually she would probably kill me but the thing is I Love him. I have never felt like this over anyone before.

13 years old - dating since the age of 7. In love with a 24 year old for the past month.

jesfre wrote:
I know what your thinking

You can't even begin to imagine what I'm thinking about your posts right now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Ah, I just came to post the same link, ehBeth.
Jesfre must be a very busy child.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:47 pm
It's the same person?!?! Surprised

Oops didn't notice that...

Hmm maybe there's another reason for her change of heart re:craig!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:54 pm
Well, she's apparently mad for the 15 AND the 24 year old at the same time.
Never loved anyone like she loves the 24 y.o., and regrets giving up Craig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure my leg can be stretched any further.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:59 pm
Mmmmm, dating at age eight seems soooo early to me...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 05:08 pm
Perhaps this is a child/woman who is not accustomed to being listened to or taken seriously?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 06:50 pm
Perhaps. Or perhaps just someone looking for attention.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:22 pm
Or a combo.

Hey, jesfre, we wouldn't mind talking with the real you, if you feel like it. We even listen, but we don't have a lot of patience for other stories.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:40 pm
ehBeth ain't putting up with any crap, people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:03 pm
ehBeth rarely puts up with crap, she just isolates it and looks at it with an eagle eye for a moment...
but she does have a heart, from time to time.
0 Replies

jesfre

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:11 pm
you guys don't understand me and craig were in love and I'm not saying I wanted to get back with him because at the moment I am not in love with him I am in love with the 24 year old for real this time but I was just asking if I made a mistake and should have just stuck with Craig thats all I was asking
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:43 pm
Oh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:47 pm
Tell us more about yourself, jesfre. It is not so easy to answer internet posts except by the exact words posted, and we are confused by your posts.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:52 pm
If you are 13 you need to forget about Craig.

As for the 24 year old, it appears you care so much about him you want him to spend 15 years in jail.

My advice.....
Go hang out at the mall with the other 8th graders for the next year. Get your braces off. Giggle about some stuff. Stop thinking about "love" until you are at least 15. And for goodness sake stop experimenting with sex. It will get you in trouble if you are only 13. (Not to mention putting the boys in jail for statutory rape.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:58 pm
The rest of us posters, accept for jesfre, agree with you, Parados...

we are wondering if she will actually just talk to us, without all the constructed stories. We are hear to listen if she wants to talk as herself.
0 Replies

jesfre

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:37 pm
I am being honest about all of this guys please understand that at least. I know its hard to understand ok well here it goes. You alreayd know the whole thing about me and craig well alright about a year into our relationship is when we started experimenting sexual wise. well it was fun at the time and then about 2 months into being sexual with him I kinda woke up and relized we were taking things too fast. I also relized that I might not want to spend the rest of my life with this one guy being me as young as I am I still wanted to go out and experiment with guys and test other relationships. After I experimented with Craig and the whole sexual relationship I realized I didn't want to have sex or have a sexual relationship with anyone ; at least not yet being as young as I am. I understand everyone on that I just had to test it out for myself before I actually relized what I wanted in a relationship. Well after me and him broke up I relized after dating him for so long and then finally being single that I really did want to go out and date new people and experience a little more before I really settled down. Well about a week after we broke up Craig came up to my house and was begging for me back and at the time I wanted to get back with him but I didn't want to move to quick and give him an answer at that moment so I told him to go home and let me think about it well about 2 hours later I called him and I told him that I didn't want to go back out with him and I told him that I thought we had moved to quickly and we just needed to let things calm down a bit and maybe after a little while we could work on getting back together. Well after i told him that he got all fumed up and said well I never loved you in the first place and I didn't even really care about you ... Pretty much a load of crap. well its been about 3 weeks to a month that we've been broken up and about 2 weeks ago I started dating the 24 year old ( Please stop nagging on me about that). Thats pretty much the whole story. Now the thing I was asking in this post is Did I make a mistake by breaking up with Craig? No I don't want to go back to him and No I don't love him anymore I am just asking if maybe I should have stayed with him? I hope this post helps everyone understand a little better. I should have told everyone in the first place but I just felt a little funny about posting my feelings for everyone to see all over the world ya know ?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:43 pm
You're looking for trouble, kid -- and you're going to find it unless you make a choice to enjoy your childhood while you still have a chance. Adult relationships are for ADULTS.
0 Replies