Let's have a Hillary thread.

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:01 am
Well, someone has started a draft Laura Bush movement.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:05 am
Associated Press wrote:
WASHINGTON -- An Arkansas state trooper who guarded then-Gov. Clinton says he confirmed falsehoods about Clinton's reported marital infidelities as part of a proposed tell-all book project, The New Yorker says....

...The New Yorker, in its edition on newsstands today, said Anderson claims in the affidavit that in discussions with other troopers about a proposed book on Clinton's marital cheating he confirmed stories about the president even though he knew many "were nothing more than old fish tales, with little, if any, basis in fact.".....

.....The New Yorker and Time magazine, in its latest edition, both quote Anderson as saying that Cliff Jackson, an Arkansas lawyer and longtime Clinton foe, offered the troopers jobs outside Arkansas for seven years for $100,000 a year in exchange for their cooperation in publicizing alleged Clinton scandals.

Source: Associated Press

So McGentrix comes up with a suposedly damaging story about one of the debunkers.
Salon wrote:
Three other sources, however, confirmed the story. Two of those sources, Roger Perry and Cliff Jackson, told their stories in taped, on-the-record interviews. A third individual spoke on the condition of anonymity.

McGentrix wrote:
That's some stand up source you are using for "facts"

Okay, McGentrix-and what are YOUR sources?

One is anonymous. Perry is one of the state troopers who Anderson and Ferguson said made up stories in hope of getting money from the book and $100,000 a year job. Cliff Jackson was the guy behind the book AND the bribes.

Once more, I told you all about Perry and Jackson in previous posts, complete with corroboration. Then you come back and try to use this discredited duo to bolster your argument.

Look, McGentirx, the jig is up. Clinton-hater Cliff Jackson concocted this scheme to have state troopers guarding then-governor Clinton to come up wth sex stories. Two of the troopers admitted that it was basically a hoax, they made stuff up to get the money. Then McGentrix comes along and tries to take the word of the other two as meaning anything. Unbelievable.

McGentrix wrote:
I do not understand why you want to defend Clinton's obvious repeated behavior. I also do not understand why you do not condemn it, instead you seem to praise it as though you expect that kind of thing to take place.

Because Clinton might have a sex life outside of marriage, but that does not justify the vicious campaign of lies and bribes to make him seem other than what he is. He likes to play around, he gets some on the side. But that seems to be as far as it goes.

I can understand that a married man, even under oath, can deny an affair that he in fact had. It's not right, but it is understandable.

But the Republicans seem to have lost all respect for truth in their insane campaign to get Clinton.

I'm very sorry, but morally speaking, bribing people to make up untrue, damaging stories about someone for a book is far, far worse than a married man denying an affair. Clinton's critics claim they are morally offended by his behavior, but their own behavior is far, far worse.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:10 am
You choose to believe the people that side with you, that much is clear. Who's to say who really bribed whom? Looks like Clinton, or someone close to him offered up bribes to keep quiet, and lo they are quiet. Odd that. Yet you want to believe the complete opposite. That they were bribed to condemn Clinton... didn't seem to work.

The real question is "Which is the real story"? We may never know. You side with the lying adulterer, I side against him in this issue.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:13 am
McGentrix wrote:
You choose to believe the people that side with you, that much is clear. Who's to say who really bribed whom? Looks like Clinton, or someone close to him offered up bribes to keep quiet, and lo they are quiet. Odd that. Yet you want to believe the complete opposite. That they were bribed to condemn Clinton... didn't seem to work.

The real question is "Which is the real story"? We may never know. You side with the lying adulterer, I side against him in this issue.

And you don't?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:13 am
And by the way, McGentrix, do you have any comment about the fact that Judge Wright found that Paula Jones lied her head off under oath about being demoted after meeting Clinton, when in fact her job was upgraded in class and she received a raise in pay?

Why didn't Ken Starr prosecute Jones for perjury?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:18 am
Why do I believe Ferguson?

Because, among other things, he is about the only person in this whole deal who has not admitted lying, and nobody has been able to prove he has.

Even Cliff Jackson admitted the book deal, and grudgingly admitted, under severe questioning, that, uhhhh, maybe he said he would do something for the troopers in the way of a job. Ho Ho Ho.

Cliff Jackson is also the guy behind Paula Jones. When Paula Jones made her appearance at a conservative club meeting, Jackson threw the meeting. that was when Paul Jones was introduced to the world.

See how this all fits together?

And to repeat, Clinton denying an affair under oath that he had is not good, but it is nowhere near as bad and as vicious as these twisted schemes to get him were.

Can't you even see that?

No. probably not.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:18 am
kelticwizard wrote:
And by the way, McGentrix, do you have any comment about the fact that Judge Wright found that Paula Jones lied her head off under oath about being demoted after meeting Clinton, when in fact her job was upgraded in class and she received a raise in pay?

Why didn't Ken Starr prosecute Jones for perjury?

Why the $850,000 settlement?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:26 am
You don't read, do you, McGentrix?

Jones lost the case. She was threatening to appeal, keeping this farce alive still longer. Clinton had been put through a lot.

The $850,000 settlement was to pay off Jones lawyers who were owed $800,000 in legal services. Without that money, Jones had almost no choice but to appeal, in an effort to get the money.

Jones agreed to GO AWAY, if Clinton paid her lawyer's bills. She lost the case, but she was threatening to appeal. Clinton paid her lawyers' bills, and she got lost.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Judge Wright found that Paula Jones lied her head off about being demoted after meeting Clinton, when in fact her job was upgraded and she received a raise in pay.

To repeat-why didn't Ken Starr prosecute Jones for perjury?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:32 am
I read, I'm just curious as to your motivations.

Is that another thing "men of power" do? Pay off the women they harass to make them "go away"?

So, let me get this straight, Clinton, a professed liar and adulterer harrasses as many as 8 women during his ascension to the Presidency and you admire him for it?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:40 am
McGentrix wrote:
I read, I'm just curious as to your motivations.

I'm curious as to why you refuse to give a straight answer to my question. The judge found that Paula Jones lied through her teeth under oath when she said that after meeting Clinton, she was demoted, when in fact her job was upgraded and she was given a raise.

This was the case Ken Starr was investigating. The case where Starr went after Clinton for perjury. The case where the judge found Paula Jones lied under oath.

So, why didn't Starr go after Paula Jones for perjury?
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:41 am
I don't think kelticwizard admires Clinton for being an adulterer.

What he is trying to do is demonstrate that none of the people involved in that series of situations have clean hands.

As for whether having affairs is something that "men of power" do, the answer is yes.

Waging an unjust war is worse than committing adultery.

No one believes in fidelity more than me.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:44 am
McGentrix wrote:

Is that another thing "men of power" do? Pay off the women they harass to make them "go away"?

Except the judge ruled that Clinton didn't harass her.

Have you so little regard for facts, that you cannot publicly grasp that much?

Again, Paula Jones is on record as lying under oath during that trial. Why didn't Ken Starr go after her for perjury?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:48 am
Who was the last President of the US that had an affair while in Office?

I wonder how far down the chain you have to be before it's "unacceptable" to have an affair. Do Democratic Senators and Congressmen also get to have illicit affairs in office? I suppose the Chandra Levy incident was also ok, as that's another thing "men of power" do, right? Have people whacked?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:50 am
Atkins wrote:

I don't think kelticwizard admires Clinton for being an adulterer.

I don't think anyone backs Clinton for having been a dog...be it once, twice or a thousand times.

Atkins wrote:

As for whether having affairs is something that "men of power" do, the answer is yes.

Sh!t, men without power do it. Men in power just have a bit more leverage...and the women with whom he cheats is equally guilty for I would guess they are in it for either money, a promotion, or to bring them down should the goodies fail to arrive.

Atkins wrote:

Waging an unjust war is worse than committing adultery.

...this is a Clinton family thread.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:52 am
McGentrix wrote:
Who was the last President of the US that had an affair while in Office?

I wonder how far down the chain you have to be before it's "unacceptable" to have an affair. Do Democratic Senators and Congressmen also get to have illicit affairs in office? I suppose the Chandra Levy incident was also ok, as that's another thing "men of power" do, right? Have people whacked?

Let's see, if you were a woman, would you admit to boinking Bush?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:58 am
McGentrix, we're still waiting to hear you tell us why Ken Starr did not go after Paula Jones for perjury when the judge found that she lied through her teeth under oath about being demoted on her job, when the judge found her job was upgraded.

For seven long, dreary, monotonous years you people have been telling us how upset you are that anyone can lie under oath and get away with it. Now your heroine, your Flower Of Violated Feminine Virtue, is found to be lying under oath at the same trial, and you refuse to deal with it.

Once again, why didn't Ken Starr go after Paula Jones for perjury after the judge found that Jones lied under oath at the trial?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:58 am
kelticwizard wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Again, Paula Jones is on record as lying under oath during that trial. Why didn't Ken Starr go after her for perjury?

A judge also ruled that OJ didn't kill Nicole, do you believe that?

Back to the topic...

So, Bill is a lying adulterer, yet there's Hillary, standing beside him smiling. What kind of insanity is that? The insanity of power. She knew Bill was her meal ticket and that without him, she'd end up in some dumpy town defending drunks who beat their wives for a living.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:04 pm
McGentrix wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Back to the topic...

So, Bill is a lying adulterer, yet there's Hillary, standing beside him smiling. What kind of insanity is that? The insanity of power. She knew Bill was her meal ticket and that without him, she'd end up in some dumpy town defending drunks who beat their wives for a living.

Forgiveness perhaps?

I'd hate to say it, and I'd grapple with it, but I'd probably take my mate back if she had an affair (but only once).
Maybe Bill makes her happy, and that's why she's still there.
Maybe slick's willy keeps her coming back for more...who knows. Anything is possible.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:06 pm
kelticwizard wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Well now. If you have so little regard for judges and trials, then why have you people been telling us for seven years how upset you are that Clinton lied in one?

Which brings us to the question.

If Ken Starr is so justified in going after Clinton because he lied under oath at a trial, then why didn't Ken Starr go after Paula Jones when she was found to be lying under oath at the same trial?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:07 pm
COME ON, McGentrix. If you want to assume the mantle of Outraged Moralist, you can't keep evading this moral question forever!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies