Let's have a Hillary thread.

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:41 am
KW, obviously you do not believe Clinton to be anything short of a demi-god, so I won't discuss it with you anymore as it's pointless.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:27 am
McGentrix wrote:
Shocked

I can not believe you are defending his actions...

I cannot believe that a man past the age of 15 still hasn't grasped the fact that men of power and influence generally have something going on the side. It has been that way since the beginning of time. It has been that way in the White House since the White House was built. One president held his post inaugural celebration in one of Washington's whorehouses.

When are you going to grow up?

McGentrix wrote:
On the other hand, you are saying Clinton had little to no will power.

No, I am saying his behavior outide of marriage is not unusual for people of power and influence, and I stand by it.

I also say, in the case of Ms Jones, that if you are going to file lawsuits alleging many things that can be easily checked, and those things turn out to be FALSE, then you cannot expect people to take your word for it when you allege things that cannot be checked out.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:40 am
I say that's BS and I pity that you believe that's the way it is.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:41 am
McGentrix wrote:
Perhaps that is why he let China get away with so much top-secret material.

Like what?

Sit down, and take a deep breath. I hve news for you. Despite allegations by the right wing, and the morass of talk radio blowhards, Clinton never okayed the sale of missile systems to the Chinese.

Never. Not once. Show me evidence he did.

By the way, I expect the answer in your own words. If you want to refer to a link, fine. But I expect you explain the answer and use any links just as a backup: no cut-and-past jobs please. I'd like to see evidence that you actually digest the things you link to.

McGentrix wrote:
Perhaps that's why he let Osama get away.

He bombed Osama in Afghansistan. Since the Republicans at the time were saying that Clinton had no right to undertake any military action at all, it's a wonder he was able to do that much.

Republicans are still complaining that Clinton bombed "an aspirin factory" in Africa, to cover Monicagate. The "aspirin factory" manufactured a chemical that can be used in explosives, and Republicans never mention that it was owned by the family of one of al-Qaeda's bigggest funders.

Richard Clarke, to this day, says that factory was used to manufacture explosives.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:49 am
McGentrix wrote:
I say that's BS and I pity that you believe that's the way it is.

Excuse me, McGentrix, but do you ever use specifics in your answers?

Jefferson had something going on the side. Roosevelt had something going on the side. Churchill-not an American but a great man-had something going on the side. Eisenhower had something going on the side.
Reagan didn't have anything going on the side, but he was well over sixty when he became president.

And so it goes on.

Women are drawn to men of power and fame. Therefore men of power go through their lives getting offers. If you want to write the history of men who made a difference in this world, and eliminate those who had affairs outside of marriage, you are going to end up with a very slim volume.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
KW, obviously you do not believe Clinton to be anything short of a demi-god, so I won't discuss it with you anymore as it's pointless.

Wow McG...I can imagine how hard and swiftly you'd pounce on me if I were to make a similar comment about you and Bush.
Let's not commit ourselves to such a double standard.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:09 am
If you find me holding onto such a meaningless ideal as KW is in this thread, please feel free to call me on it. I would not want you banging your head on the same wall candidone1.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 12:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
How many women did Clinton have to show his dick to before Monica? Apparently a lot.....Men of power should not be allowed to prey on weaker people for their sexual gratification. If you can not see that is wrong, there is no hope left and I will not continue this conversation.

guess you've never been to a clinton appearance, have ya ? my wife and i saw/heard him speak at the local college. several of her very conservative female coworkers attended as well. her boss, who was given to the cranky "slick willie" spiel met and shook hands with him.

and fell immediately in love with him.

there's a thing called charisma, mcg. some people have it others don't. the ones that do don't have to work real hard at rounding up companionship.

i suspect the real reason you don't want to continue conversing on the topic is because you know in your heart that the whole starr thing was nothing but a campaign to bring clinton down. as ann coulter admitted when she was an attorney for virginal paula jones (who went on to show everybody what she had in penthouse magazine ).

Quote:
Paula Jones told Hannity & Colmes cohost Alan Colmes in May 2000: "I will never pose nude for any men's magazine. Never. And that's all I have to say about that." Only five months later she was on CNN explaining why she chose to pose nude for Penthouse (the magazine which had five years earlier published snapshots taken by an ex-boyfriend of them cavorting nude). Jones revealed to Larry King: "Well, it was an adventure, it was something I usually don't do, but I don't think that they are -- they are not vulgar pictures, they are not disgusting pictures, I think they're very tasteful. And it was an adventure, it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

considering that jones commented that she'd be available to be bill's girlfriend, i don't see that he forced her to do anything. ya see, some people actually like sex and find nothing wrong or dirty about it. as far as being monogamous or not, that is between the married couple and falls under the heading of nobody else's business. certainly not the government's, mine or your's.

as you may remember, the judge dimissed the jones case. in fact clinton wasn't found guilty of any sex related crime.
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 01:06 pm
Deleted *unsure about facts*
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 01:06 pm
You should read Their Lives in which the lives of eight women who crossed romantic paths with Bill Clinton are examined in this innovative look at the former president. Extensive research and firsthand interviews document the intimidation and harassment that these women suffered after falling out of Clintons favor, in the process revealing a disturbing truth about the ideology of the president and his followers.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You should read Their Lives in which the lives of eight women who crossed romantic paths with Bill Clinton are examined in this innovative look at the former president. Extensive research and firsthand interviews document the intimidation and harassment that these women suffered after falling out of Clintons favor, in the process revealing a disturbing truth about the ideology of the president and his followers.

Thanks McG.
<head stops hitting wall>
<going to library to find book>
<damn my head hurts>
<library can wait>
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:51 pm
Double post.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:

oh, please. it's a twofer with o'neill's unfit for command. just another hit piece on bill and one of the first pre-emptive strikes on hillary.

what's next ? a link to falwell to prove that clinton killed vince foster ? Laughing
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:00 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You should read Their Lives in which the lives of eight women who crossed romantic paths with Bill Clinton are examined.....

Good Lord. McGentrix is in mental meltdown.

I give him specifics. He answers with a blurb from the Amazon webpage to a right wing book-then posts the blurb as if he had written it.

That's the conservative reaction: when confronted with actual facts in Clinton's defense, simply reach for a quote-any quote.

Conservatives are so busy running down Clinton, listening to talk show hosts running down Clinton,and reading magazines running down Clinton, that they go into shock when they run across someone who illustrates the FACTS favor Clinton.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:06 pm
I shall now post proof of the things I have stated in favor of Clinton.

First Troopergate-where four Arkansas state troopers guarding Clinton were offered bribes by wealthy Clinton hater Cliff Jackson to make up sexual escapedes by Clinton.

Associated Press wrote:
WASHINGTON -- An Arkansas state trooper who guarded then-Gov. Clinton says he confirmed falsehoods about Clinton's reported marital infidelities as part of a proposed tell-all book project, The New Yorker says.

Two other magazines also quote from an affidavit trooper Ronald Anderson gave to Clinton's lawyers in 1994 in which Anderson says a Clinton foe promised troopers high-paying jobs in exchange for their help in undermining Clinton.

The New Yorker, in its edition on newsstands today, said Anderson claims in the affidavit that in discussions with other troopers about a proposed book on Clinton's marital cheating he confirmed stories about the president even though he knew many "were nothing more than old fish tales, with little, if any, basis in fact."

He says in the affidavit that he participated in the deception because, after the 1992 Democratic Convention that nominated Clinton for the presidency, he thought his knowledge of candidate Clinton might prove profitable.

The New Yorker and Time magazine, in its latest edition, both quote Anderson as saying that Cliff Jackson, an Arkansas lawyer and longtime Clinton foe, offered the troopers jobs outside Arkansas for seven years for $100,000 a year in exchange for their cooperation in publicizing alleged Clinton scandals.

Source: Associated Press
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:14 pm
You can see the year-1994, the second year of Clinton's presidency.

This illustrates that right from the start, the right wing planned to exaggerate Clinton's marital infidelities in an effort to bring Clinton down. In this case, the right wing offered bribes to get people to make up stories about Clinton having trysts which never happened.

Nobody is denying that Clinton had affairs outside marriage-but you must realize that the right wing is willing to bribe people to say things about Clinton that never happened.

This news item proves it.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 11:45 pm
You don't think Paula Jones is a liar? Here is proof that she is!

Jones walked into an Arkansas courtroom and said the following things in her lawsuit.
Paula Jones wrote:
....[Clinton] continually denying, directly and indirectly, any such appointments, benefits, advancements, raises, promotions, positions, and perquisites to Plaintiff because she would not accede to Defendant Clinton's repeated solicitations of sex from her.

Source

Now here is what the judge found.

Judge wrote:
Plaintiff's claim that she was discouraged from applying for more attractive jobs and seeking reclassification at a higher pay grade within the AIDC does not demonstrate any "tangible" job detriment as she has not identified a single specific job which she desired or applied for at AIDC but which she had been discouraged from seeking. Pl.'s Depo. at 37-40. When asked for such specific information, plaintiff merely testified that the unidentified jobs she sought were "a grade higher" but that her supervisor "would always discourage me and make me believe that I could grow within the administrative services, which in fact I didn't. I got degrade - downgraded." Id. at 38, 42. She further states that those "few" times that she would talk to her supervisor and receive discouragement, she "would go ahead and fill out an application maybe or something." Id. at 41. There is no record of plaintiff ever applying for another job within AIDC, however, and the record shows that not only was plaintiff never downgraded, her position was reclassified upward from a Grade 9 classification to a Grade 11 classification, thereby increasing her annual wary.

Source

In other words, Jones lied and made things up. Just like the Arkansas state troopers did.

How come Ken Starr and Congress didn't go after Jones for perjury-the proof she lied is right on the public record!

I'm giving you facts folks-not quotes from the Amazon blurb page!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:12 am
somehow, lighting guys are never in the dark. Laughing

the real reason that some folks continue to rag on bill, half a decade and 2 presidential terms later, is because the republicans now pull the strings on everything and the country is neck deep in dookie.

now if the dems could just get the finger out, they might have half a chance of winning a few elections for a change.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:01 am
That's true, Don't Tread. The Republicans have to jump on Cliinton whenever possible because Bush's term has not stacked up well compared to Clinton's, in terms of unemployment, deficit reduction and a whole host of other things.

But I would like to hear from some Republicans about the bribed state troopers and Paula Jones' lying in the courtroom about receiving demotions and filling out applications when she in fact received raises and was upgraded.

We've been hearing since 1998 about how upset Republicans are about Clinton lying about the affair, about how their lives will never be the same, etc. Well, how about all the lying and bribing the other side has performed about Clinton's affairs, making up liasons and trysts when they never occurred.

Why aren't the Republicans upset about any of this?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:41 am
kelticwizard wrote:
I shall now post proof of the things I have stated in favor of Clinton.

First Troopergate-where four Arkansas state troopers guarding Clinton were offered bribes by wealthy Clinton hater Cliff Jackson to make up sexual escapedes by Clinton.

Associated Press wrote:
WASHINGTON -- An Arkansas state trooper who guarded then-Gov. Clinton says he confirmed falsehoods about Clinton's reported marital infidelities as part of a proposed tell-all book project, The New Yorker says.

Two other magazines also quote from an affidavit trooper Ronald Anderson gave to Clinton's lawyers in 1994 in which Anderson says a Clinton foe promised troopers high-paying jobs in exchange for their help in undermining Clinton.

The New Yorker, in its edition on newsstands today, said Anderson claims in the affidavit that in discussions with other troopers about a proposed book on Clinton's marital cheating he confirmed stories about the president even though he knew many "were nothing more than old fish tales, with little, if any, basis in fact."

He says in the affidavit that he participated in the deception because, after the 1992 Democratic Convention that nominated Clinton for the presidency, he thought his knowledge of candidate Clinton might prove profitable.

The New Yorker and Time magazine, in its latest edition, both quote Anderson as saying that Cliff Jackson, an Arkansas lawyer and longtime Clinton foe, offered the troopers jobs outside Arkansas for seven years for $100,000 a year in exchange for their cooperation in publicizing alleged Clinton scandals.

Source: Associated Press

Salon wrote:
Three other sources, however, confirmed the story. Two of those sources, Roger Perry and Cliff Jackson, told their stories in taped, on-the-record interviews. A third individual spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Perry provided the following account to Salon:

On a brisk fall day in 1993, Ferguson telephoned Perry and asked him to meet him meet him early the following morning on the golf course. There was something urgent they needed to discuss, but Ferguson refused to talk about it over the telephone.

"Danny was real paranoid back then," Perry recalled. "When he had something important he wanted to tell me, he would say, 'Let's meet on the golf course.'"

As they played a round of golf, Ferguson told Perry that President Clinton had recently called him from the Oval Office, offering him and Perry federal jobs if they did not talk to the press: "Danny said, 'I've talked to the governor. We still called him the governor even after he was elected president. And [Danny] said, 'He offered you a job if you won't do this.' On of them was a U.S. marshal's job in Kansas City, another was in Memphis and [a third in] Denver."

Then, according to Perry, Ferguson told him that he saw an opportunity for them to make a lot of money. "Let's ask Clinton for money," Perry said Ferguson told him. "I wonder what he would give us not to go forward."

"I said, 'Danny, my gosh.' And he said, 'This would be worth a lot of money to the Democratic Party.'"

According to Perry, Ferguson said he was sure that individuals close to the president would be willing to pay them hundreds of thousands of dollars for their silence.

"I was shocked," Perry recalled. "I said, 'My God, Danny, that's blackmail. Are you trying to blackmail the president?' Here's the president of the United States, and you're going to try something like this on him? My exact words to him were, 'Danny, you try to do this, and you'll end up in prison.' Here's a guy looking into the possibility of extortion and blackmail of the president of the United States."

Source

That's some stand up source you are using for "facts"

I do not understand why you want to defend Clinton's obvious repeated behavior. I also do not understand why you do not condemn it, instead you seem to praise it as though you expect that kind of thing to take place.
0 Replies