Amnesty International slams US

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:21 pm
Quote:
They had no reason to think the US would react the way it did. They viewed the US as cowards, and they had Clinton's legacy to base that on.

Bull. You are making the mistake of underestimating your enemy.

They knew what would happen when 9/11 went down. They just didn't care, as it essentially helps their cause. See my above post.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:31 pm
You know that or you guess that?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:07 pm
We know that.

What we are seeing is global rope-a-dope. Guess who is playing the part of Muhammed Ali?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:49 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You don't think they thought we would counter-attack? How stupid do you think they were?

They had no reason to think the US would react the way it did. They viewed the US as cowards, and they had Clinton's legacy to base that on.

I find this hilarious Tico.
Not that you have personally done it, but some righties on this board find it convenient to explain away Bush's involvement in Iraq by paralleling Clinton's actions in Bosnia and Somalia. Yet when it's not so convenient, they paint slick as a pacifist liberal nancy boy.
<scratches head emoticon>
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:43 am
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/michellemalkin/mm20050601.shtml

"Have there been abuses? Yes. But here is the rest of the story -- the story that the Islamists and their sympathizers don't want you to hear.

According to recently released FBI documents, which are inaccurately heralded by civil liberties activists and military-bashers as irrefutable evidence of widespread "atrocities" at Gitmo:

A significant number of detainees' complaints were either exaggerated or fabricated (no surprise given al Qaeda's explicit instructions to trainees to lie). One detainee who claimed to have been "beaten, spit upon and treated worse than a dog" could not provide a single detail pertaining to mistreatment by U.S. military personnel. Another detainee claimed that guards were physically abusive, but admitted he hadn't seen it."

Did I miss this in the AI Report???
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 09:43 am
"I was taken prisoner by the evil imperialist american pigs who lie down with dogs and eat the flesh of swine but they never treated me poorly".
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 09:53 am
Quote:
Captives told to claim torture
By Rowan Scarborough

0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:00 am
I suppose the handbook told them to pose for the cameras too.

Pentagon and army officials have now admitted to some mishandling of the Koran.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:10 am
And if they are copping to some abuses, you know that the real number is far higher....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:20 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
And if they are copping to some abuses, you know that the real number is far higher....

Cycloptichorn

Clinton admitted to lying about not having a relationship with Monica .... so you know he lied to the American people a lot more than that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:22 am
The odds are great that he did lie to the American people about far more than that.

I've never once tried to claim that the guy wasn't a philanderer; just that I don't care who he's having sex with as it really isn't any of your or my business, is it?

So, are you prepared to admit that Bushco. lied to the American people?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The odds are great that he did lie to the American people about far more than that.

I've never once tried to claim that the guy wasn't a philanderer; just that I don't care who he's having sex with as it really isn't any of your or my business, is it?

Clinton, besides having been a philanderer, was a liar. I understand you don't care that he's a liar, but you sure are earnest about claiming Bush is.

Cyclops wrote:
So, are you prepared to admit that Bushco. lied to the American people?

Cycloptichorn

No.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:47 am
I'm no more earnest about Bush than you are about Clinton. And after all, Bush's lies have lead to many, many deaths, whereas Clinton's....?

<rubs hands> soon the proof will be complete. You can see the shift in the media these days; you know it is coming.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:55 am
The shift in the media... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:58 am
Need I remind you that I can prove Clinton's a liar, but you are only guessing (and hoping) that Bush is?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:58 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Clinton admitted to lying about not having a relationship with Monica .... so you know he lied to the American people a lot more than that.

Actually Clinton said he mislead about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Why bring Clinton into everything?

I would think after the whole eight years and all the butt loads of money that was spent on investigating Clinton during his years as President, we would know all the lies that Clinton ever told in his life.

I hope that we have same opportunity to investigate Bush but I don't hold my breath.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
revel wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Actually Clinton said he mislead about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Why bring Clinton into everything?

I would think after the whole eight years and all the butt loads of money that was spent on investigating Clinton during his years as President, we would know all the lies that Clinton ever told in his life.

I hope that we have same opportunity to investigate Bush but I don't hold my breath.

Yes ... when it came right down to it, Clinton couldn't even be completely honest about the fact that he lied ... but lie he did.

I brought Clinton up to hopefully make as absurd a point as Cyclops was.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
Quote:
Need I remind you that I can prove Clinton's a liar, but you are only guessing (and hoping) that Bush is?

At one point, you couldn't prove Clinton was a liar either. Even though you undoubtedly thought there was a lot of evidence to prove it, the case wasn't strong enough.

Give us time, lol, we'll bring your boy Bush down harder than Clinton ever thought of falling. Does it irk you that after all that work, all he got was a slap on the wrist?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:05 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

At one point, you couldn't prove Clinton was a liar either. Even though you undoubtedly thought there was a lot of evidence to prove it, the case wasn't strong enough.

Give us time, lol, we'll bring your boy Bush down harder than Clinton ever thought of falling. Does it irk you that after all that work, all he got was a slap on the wrist?

Cycloptichorn

And while I might have suspected him of lying at that time, I hope I would not have been foolish enough to proclaim that he had lied, and claim that as an irrefutable fact, unless and until I had proof to back up my claim.

But that's just me.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:25 am
There were abuses of prisoners and the Koran at Gitmo.

What Newsweek reported was true.

The government lied about said truth.

Newsweek apologized for telling the truth.
0 Replies