Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:43 am
Hello!
One month ago I met a guy online. We clicked right away - our meetings were few hours long, same sense of humour, interests, he was respectful, consistent and caring, there was a chemistry. I never met a men like that before. He told me he might be OCD but he was never diagnosed. After the last date when we were going back (it was quite late) he told me to go to the other side of the street and he looked scared. Then he told me "I thought this man (who was passing by) had a bomb". There were only three of us in the street, it's a small city, there were never bomb attacks in my country (I'm from Europe). I got scared of him and didn't say much till the end of the date. Later I asked him through texts about it and he said that this guy had a package and he heard ticking (I didn't hear anything), then that he was joking (when I said it's a bizzare thing to say). Now I am worried that he is paranoid and may have some mental illness. What do you think?

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 04:14 am
@MellowYellow0212,
Well, it's weird no matter what.

I'm not going to diagnose anyone online (I am not a doctor), but people who are all there aren't going to say anything like that, at least not without more than what this guy had--- dark, quiet street, person he didn't know, plus ticking which the person who was with him didn't hear.

Him claiming later that it was a joke tells me this is not the first time this has happened. Personally, I would suggest to him that he see his doctor. Let the doctor be the bad guy to tell him he's got.... issues.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 05:24 pm
@MellowYellow0212,
I don't think I would go out with that one again....sounds like a huge amount of baggage that you don't need to deal with.
0 Replies