How can I do this and make it look least personal possible

A380

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 01:39 am
I was friends with a couple of people, and we were in a group, I am was the logistics guy who managed to get as much revenue stream to the group to help us subsidize our costs, the group founders couldn't find much time to continue, so they decided to close it, they didn't give me any previous heads up, while I was in the middle of the negotiations with the people who were about to give us educational products for us to sell, now the thing is, I took the thing a bit personal since everyone knew except me and they knew that I was busy getting the product to our group to sell, that's why I couldn't respond much, they made a big deal our of me not responding, and they closed the doors without me saying one last goodbye, now here's the thing:
The negotiations were with people I know, I can call them university pals, we went to the same university and they had built an amazing platform that could we wanted to sell as a service, the negotiations froze but I was getting a pretty good deal, I don't want to cancel the deal since it is:
1- A really good one
2- These people can benefit me well personally, and since I was the one to be the middle man, I believe that it would be image that will be damaged.

How can I continue the deal on a personal level without having other people think that I was playing them all along or make them take it personal.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 806 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 06:31 am
@A380,
So you're looking to poach customers from your former boss?

This isn't a personal thing; it's a nifty way to get sued for interference with trade. If you're angry with your former employer, take it out on them-- and in court if you have a case. Otherwise, if you want to sell to your university pals, then use some other platform.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 12:42 pm
It’s not clear if you are a broker, self employed, or working for a company.

You say: “They decided to close it” So they passed on this good deal that you had been putting together.

If you are an independent, then inform them that you feel this product had worth, they refused the deal, but now another group is interested and you are going to work this deal with them.

0 Replies