There's this woman I know who keeps bragging about having a fabulous life and marriage & won't stop.

qfora2k

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:49 am
This is unrelated to the other topic I posted:

There's a woman that I know who is constantly boasting about what a great husband she has and how she gets to stay at home full time to focus on her hobbies because her husband pays for all the house, food, kids, etc. so all she has to do is stay home and take care of the kids and while the kids are at school she can work on her hobbies full time.

She's not very humble at all and she shoves her "great life" into people's faces and she never seems to get punished for bragging and boasting about what she has. She never seems to lose anything. I wonder what she will have to brag about if her husband LEFT her.

I've told her several times she comes off as an arrogant person and she doesn't seem to care since her followers seem to support her and don't have a problem with it. I have a lot of good things going on with my life, too, but I don't sit all day on the Internet bragging and boasting about it the way some people do. I keep my successes and such to myself and I only share it with close personal friends - not the world.

tl;dr A woman I know constantly posts about what a "wonderful marriage and devoted husband" she has. She doesn't care at all how some people have a hard time finding a good spouse and she shoves her wonderful marriage into other people's faces, but how wonderful is it if she constantly has to post about it online to reassure herself? Karma never comes for her so she never learns her lessons in being humble. What to do with people like that, just ignore them?

Real Music

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:55 am
@qfora2k,
Quote:
What to do with people like that, just ignore them?

Yep. There's your answer.
roger

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 01:44 am
@Real Music,
Yes. And avoid her as much as possible
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 02:11 am
@qfora2k,
It sounds to me like yoou have a lot of hate. I don't consider that a good life. Maybe you need to think about what's what and improve your own life to where it can stand the comparison.
blatham

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 06:01 am
@Jewels Vern,
I'm guessing you might be that other lady.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:02 pm
@qfora2k,
This is an online relationship you have with this person?

If so, she isn't "shoving it down your throat, your'e shoving it down your own throat. Quit following her. Block her posts. Find something else to do.
0 Replies

NO-NAME

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:16 pm
In this world we feel jealous and mad and envy others that have what we don't have and we feel happy and satisfied when they lose it and are heart broken. We are truly a greedy ignorant destructive people .. With that said remember that if someone projects happy amazing awesome my life is perfect scenarios the reality is the opposite there in turmoil full of fear and unhappy .
To them everybody else's life is perfect.
so when they project that my life is perfect craps to you just remember their life is the opposite of what they tell you it is.
0 Replies

Dazzling1

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 05:32 pm
@qfora2k,
Hi, simply un-follow that perky wife- problem solved.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 06:50 pm
@qfora2k,
Like others say - just ignore her and avoid "speaking" with her if via internet or otherwise. If someone irks you -- there is no reason you need to have any contact with her.

As an aside - someone that is constantly bragging may not really have it all that great - often times these braggarts are covering for something else. Those that really have it great typically just enjoy it. If you were really happy and satisfied then there is no reason to brag. I personally would think that there is something lacking in her life.

I'd almost feel sorry for someone that needs to brag to feel better about themselves.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 05:22 pm
It might not be bragging. She may just love sharing her life.

Perception informs on the perceiver, I think. If you don’t like her, it bothers you that her life is going well. If you’re unhappy with your own life, it bothers you that her life is going well.

When I reflect on my own social media presence, I can imagine that some people may think I’m bragging. I live a very modest life, but I love some of the things in my life and I share them.

Some people in my life have many more materially valued possessions, but it doesn’t affect me in a negative way.

I’ve been burdened with several shortcomings, but rank jealousy isn’t one, thankfully.

I get enraged by legitimate inequality, unfairness, but not just wanting what others have because they have it.

I think the problem is you either just don’t like this chick, or you have a problem with jealousy.

If you don’t like her, bump her. If you do, deal with yourself.

Happy trails.

0 Replies