Leftist hatred,a perfect example

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:35 pm
Hmmm . . . that is problematic . . . but psychology is beyond my ken . . .
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:36 pm
Setanta, very interesting, good links, thanks.

Are there official goverment agencies, too, which would monitor those groups/organisations/whatsoevernuts?

I'd of course defend their right to say what they're saying, up to a certain point. It's just a little bit different over here. For example, swastikas are forbidden. No exception. No free speech.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:41 pm
Well, of course, at the federal level, the Justice Department is responsible for such monitoring, and their agents would be the Federal Bureau of Investigation. There is also the United States Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and virtually every agency of government has a department which is concerned with issues of civil rights. Not all of them, of course, would necessarily be concerned with "hate speech." The several States all have agencies of their own, and many, if not all, have sentencing guidelines which take "hate speech" into consideration in mitigation against a convicted person.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:45 pm
In regard to your remark about the swastika: Most people, on the left or the right, when not blinded by partisan frenzy, adhere to a "thin end of the wedge" principle, which holds that no exceptions should ever be made to the first amendment, nor, for that matter to any of the other amendments which constitute the Bill of Rights, except upon the most extreme exegencies.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratified December 15, 1791:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:48 pm
Bien sur... we have must of that, too. Minus the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, but new (European) legislation is finding its way into the EU countries.
But then, we have the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, prob'ly translates as 'Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution'...
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:57 pm
Setanta wrote:
In regard to your remark about the swastika: Most people, on the left or the right, when not blinded by partisan frenzy, adhere to a "thin end of the wedge" principle, which holds that no exceptions should ever be made to the first amendment, nor, for that matter to any of the other amendments which constitute the Bill of Rights, except upon the most extreme exegencies.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratified December 15, 1791:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Mhm... it's of course quite similar over here, but nevertheless there are those exceptions like swastikas or Nazi symbols which are basically forbidden. Something so far quite unique to Germany, but looks like those laws will became EU laws (well, guidelines, strictly speaking) as well.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:02 am
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

BUT,the anti military comments on the site I linked to can also be found here on A2K,many of them directed at me.
And yet,those comments directed at me and other vets by members on here are well documented,and most of you,by your silence,agree with those comments.

Granted, I'm not always around but I have yet to hear a regular (or any) A2K member espouse the opinion that soldiers should have to pay for their own burial service, housing, etc, and that they should have a cut in pay. I remember that you pointed out some posts that were offensive to you a while back. I also remember that the person who said those things was not and is not a regular A2K member.

I am not talking about the specific statements this fool made,I am talking about the overall sentiment behind those statements.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:47 am
Who are you referring to as a fool Mysteryman?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:52 am
mysteryman wrote:
dlowan wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
I find it interesting that while all of you have condemned me for the link,and my opinion of the site,NONE of you have condemned it.
I find that rather telling.

All it tells is how silly your bait was.

Do you condemn every loony right site which says gays will burn in hell, the black man is taking over America and the Jews oughta be wiped out again?

WHY NOT!!! What are you, a nazi??!!! You ought to be out condemning every one of those sites and organisations, or we will accuse you of racism, homophobia and bad taste!!!!

YES,I do.!!!!
I will condemn EVERY web site that preaches hate,bigotry,bias,or any other kinds of attacks against anyone.

BUT,the anti military comments on the site I linked to can also be found here on A2K,many of them directed at me.
And yet,those comments directed at me and other vets by members on here are well documented,and most of you,by your silence,agree with those comments.

Therefore,if you dont condemn it,you must agree with it,IMNTBHO.

Aha - I therefore expect a daily thread from you condemning everything on A2k that you think condemnable - and also everything in the whole world.

Man - we are gonna need new servers every day or Mysteryman will have to condemn himself for colluding in all the bad stuff in the world by not condemning it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:19 am
Aw, hell, Mysteryman, what ever became of prsonal accountability, one of the tenants of your daily litany? No one has time or responsibility for every wayward utterance of friend or foe. What kind of idiocy is this anyway?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:24 am
Are you feeling down and lonely mysteryman? Are the events of the world weighing heavy on your shoulders? Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and have a happy day in the real world. If you look for the boogy man...you will find him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:26 am
mysteryman wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Granted, I'm not always around but I have yet to hear a regular (or any) A2K member espouse the opinion that soldiers should have to pay for their own burial service, housing, etc, and that they should have a cut in pay. I remember that you pointed out some posts that were offensive to you a while back. I also remember that the person who said those things was not and is not a regular A2K member.

I am not talking about the specific statements this fool made,I am talking about the overall sentiment behind those statements.

Then I reiterate that I've not heard sentiments comparable to what you refer to on that website, here at A2K.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:18 am
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Then I reiterate that I've not heard sentiments comparable to what you refer to on that website, here at A2K.

mysteryman... damn, dude. you really got to get over the hump on this one.

i was anti-war for vietnam and i am against american involvement in iraq (and by turns favored gulf I and afghanistan. so i'm not a one size fits all anti-war person).

so i'd say that gives me about 35 years of being around anti-war type folks. lots of 'em. a lot of the time.

ya know what ? the only time i have personally encountered the kind of totally hateful talk about soldiers that you are always going off about is...

when guys like you bitch and complain about it.

i would occasionally hear a report of people running out the "baby killer" stuff and all during vietnam (and in the case of mai lai it was deserved), and surely there are a few similar knuckleheads that shriek that shite over iraq and afghanistan. but i have never personally said that, or associated with those people.

i freely admit to saying some pretty brutal stuff about the people that keep getting my country involved in these kinds of wars, but i have never once blamed or condemned the military for following orders.

so do yourself a favor. lower the anxiety a little and quit painting me and others who are against the policies with the same brush you use for the people that actually do say that $hit.

all it does is put you on the same intellectual level that they inhabit.
0 Replies