Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:30 pm
to do today:

condemn www.godhatesabuggerthatdriesandtanglesinanosehair.com

http://www.searchthe.net/Images2002/checkbox.gif
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
BLT made it up, Boss, it's not a legitimate link . . .

shyt, what gave me away?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:31 pm
Physic, man, i'm physic . . .
0 Replies

dora17

Setanta-- I know, silly, it's called joking... Laughing

I may not have been on A2K long, but I know when bvt is b-s-ing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

old europe wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere...vive le righteous indignation!!!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:32 pm
dora17 wrote:
I know, silly, it's called joking... Laughing

that's pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel...don't get smug.... :wink:
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:34 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
dora17 wrote:
I know, silly, it's called joking... Laughing

that's pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel...don't get smug.... :wink:

That's how i know-- i look for something you posted, and I say, "BS!" Smile

(I condemn bullshitting, BTW)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:37 pm
You can't condemn bullshitting...nothing would ever get done....I condemn your cavalier attitude towards somethig as vital to our National interests as bullshitting....
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:39 pm
I'm ready to condemn anything right now... it's fun, gives me a sense of power lacking in my day-to-day life...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:40 pm
I condemn the feeling of powerlessness thrust upon us by todays present climate....
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:44 pm
Where's mm gone? Our condemning is beginning to lack focus, I think we need to be given more links to direct our ire.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:07 pm
he's left in condemnation of playfulness ?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:12 pm
old europe wrote:
Do you only condemn the godhatesamerica-site, or the godhatescanada- and godhatessweden-sites as well?

Damn good question old europe!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:15 pm
mysteryman wrote:
yitwail wrote:
here's a site MM should condemn right away, unless he agrees that Ronald Reagan is in hell, with Reggie White and the Pope:
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

Your right,a site like this deserves condemnation,and in my opinion,removal from the web.
If that is a church website,then the church has some serious problems.
I can and do condemn that site and the people that created it,and want nothing to do with them or their idealogy.

Did you miss the part where he hates Christians too? The Church does not have problems. The "church" that Phelps heads has problems!

As much as I deplore this site and everything that it stands for, I disagree with your comment that it should be removed from the web. Don't you believe in free speech etc. etc.? Question Shocked
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:23 pm
Intrepid wrote:
As much as I deplore this site and everything that it stands for, I disagree with your comment that it should be removed from the web. Don't you believe in free speech etc. etc.? Question Shocked

<serious mode>

That's actually really interesting. No problem with the website (easily ignored), but what about the hate preaching? Is that covered by 'free speech'? They're saying in their FAQ that they "aren't associated with any violent group of degenerates that thinks killing people is a good thing", but what do they actually want? They say they want the "problem to get fixed"... How?

(Trying an analogy: if they were Muslims, preaching to hate America and all the yadayadayada, in the US, would that be okay?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:23 pm
There is a principle of restraint in the free speech issue, which was elucidated by Mr. Justice Holmes in his theater analogy--which ran that freedom of speech does not protect the right to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater. He also coined the phrase "clear and present danger." Ironically, although the Supremes came to the same conclusions about free speech after the time at which he sat on the court, he was often writing a minority, dissenting opinion during his own tenure.

The Godhatesamerica/Godhatesfags clown is smart enough to know that to stay in business, he has to meet that standard of not yelling fire in a crowded theater. So long as it cannot be convincingly alleged that he abuses his freedom of speech to advocate criminality, he can stay in business. There are groups which monitor such activities, the Southern Poverty Law Center and B'nai Brith (sp?) coming most immediately to mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:29 pm
The Southern Poverty Law Center

B'nai B'rith
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:32 pm
old europe wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

<serious mode>

That's actually really interesting. No problem with the website (easily ignored), but what about the hate preaching? Is that covered by 'free speech'? They're saying in their FAQ that they "aren't associated with any violent group of degenerates that thinks killing people is a good thing", but what do they actually want? They say they want the "problem to get fixed"... How?

(Trying an analogy: if they were Muslims, preaching to hate America and all the yadayadayada, in the US, would that be okay?)

I believe that it is covered by free speech in the sense that they present it. I hate what they say, but I defend their right to say it...as much as that irks me. If they were going beyond what the law allows, I imagine they would be shut down...that would be a good thing. I do not know what they want and I doublt that they really do either.

Your analogy only includes Muslims when it could cover a fast array of groups. Again, I do not think that it is right, but if it is ok in the U.S. they why should it not be ok elsewhere?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:33 pm
ACLU defends Rush as well as KKK.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
There is a principle of restraint in the free speech issue, which was elucidated by Mr. Justice Holmes in his theater analogy--which ran that freedom of speech does not protect the right to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater. He also coined the phrase "clear and present danger." Ironically, although the Supremes came to the same conclusions about free speech after the time at which he sat on the court, he was often writing a minority, dissenting opinion during his own tenure.

Why do I have this urge to visit the Senate and yell "Fire!"
0 Replies