Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 09:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, ya know.
Most humans are well intentioned.
Though, some are misled
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 09:36 pm
@neologist,
Both.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 10:01 pm
@neologist,
What do you do just make this stuff up as you go.
The Holy Spirit is a living being an angel that lives inside of us. He is sent to teach us all things by quoting verses to us. He is the only guarantee of salvation in the whole bible.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 11:09 pm
@Squeakybro,
I don't know how often you have been told this, but nouns in the Greek language are gender sensitive.
Quote:
Jesus personalized the holy spirit when speaking of that spirit as a “helper” (which in Greek is the masculine substantive pa·ra′kle·tos). Properly, therefore, John presents Jesus’ words as referring to that “helper” aspect of the spirit with masculine personal pronouns. On the other hand, in the same context, when the Greek pneu′ma is used, John employs a neuter pronoun to refer to the holy spirit, pneu′ma itself being neuter. Hence, we have in John’s use of the masculine personal pronoun in association with pa·ra′kle·tos an example of conformity to grammatical rules, not an expression of doctrine.—John 14:16, 17; 16:7, 8. Insight on the Scriptures Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Vol. II (Spirit)
Among the few examples in English is our referring to a boat as 'she'

So we have to ask what is the source of these voices you hear?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:34 am
@neologist,
You do. You just make this stuff up as you go. None of that is in scripture.
But what is in scripture is this

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:46 am
@Squeakybro,
So instead of listening to the **** people make up as they go along today, you'd rather listen to the **** people made up as they went along thousands of years ago.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 06:50 am
@Squeakybro,
I still need some clarification on your application of this scripture here please Squeaky, http://able2know.org/topic/51646-9#post-5816055

I appreciate it. Long suffering and patience are virtues my friend, unfortunately as a Christian in A2k, you will need them both in good measure. When I ask you questions, I am asking to see the foundations of your understanding, it makes sense to ensure you have built your house on the rocks before I agree to come over for tea, right?

I assure you that I offer you no ill will.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 10:50 am
@Smileyrius,
I have one foundation.
FOUNDATION (CHRIST N.T.)
1 Cor 3:11
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
II Jn 1:9
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
II Jn 1:10
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
John 5:23
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
1 Pet 5:6-8
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Rev 13:7-8
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Luke 4:6
6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
Luke 20:17-18
17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone'?
18 "Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder."
Luke 20:19-21
19 And the chief priests and the scribes that very hour sought to lay hands on Him, but they feared the people-- for they knew that He had spoken this parable against them.
20 So they watched Him, and sent spies who pretended to be righteous, that they might seize on His words, in order to deliver Him to the power and the authority of the governor.
21 Then they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, we know that You say and teach rightly, and You do not show personal favoritism, but teach the way of God in truth:
Luke 20:23
23 But He perceived their craftiness, and said to them, "Why do you test Me?
Luke 20:26-27
26 But they could not catch Him in His words in the presence of the people. And they marveled at His answer and kept silent.
27 Then some of the Sadducees, who deny that there is a resurrection, came to Him and asked Him,
Luke 20:39
39 Then some of the scribes answered and said, "Teacher, You have spoken well."
Luke 20:45-47
45 Then, in the hearing of all the people, He said to His disciples,
46 "Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts,
47 "who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."
2 Tim 2:19
19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
Matt 22:14-15
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk.
Matt 22:18
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, "Why do you test Me, you hypocrites?
Matt 22:23
23 The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him,
Matt 22:33-38
33 And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.
34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.
35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying,
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
Matt 22:41-46
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."
43 He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying:
44 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool" '?
45 "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his Son?"
46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.
Matt 26:1-4
1 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, that He said to His disciples,
2 "You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified."
3 Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
4 and plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill Him.
Rev 19:7-9
7 "Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."
Heb 4:3
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Eph 3:5
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:

xxxx Foundation is the point where you start your belief. A foundation is what holds something up. And the bible says that the only foundation that will work is Jesus. Now its plain to see that Jesus is the new testament. And to argue with the verses in the new testament is to stand on some other foundation rather than Jesus. Now I have seen some who dispute one verse in the new testament with another verse in the new testament. Which shows one has grown further than the other in their walk, which is ok, that is how we edify one another. But to dispute any verse in the new testament with a personal opinion or with a different book or even with the old testament is standing on a different foundation. Some people use their emotions for the foundation of their belief. Some people use science as their foundation. All these deceptions must be purged to come to Gods truth. And it is there I found it.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 12:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
Your error is in the assumption that I argue the new testament. I argue that the new testament is in perfect harmony with the old testament. You appear to argue that the old testament was written by robbers and thieves (please confirm your meaning if this is not the case), showing that you have not understood the context of the scriptures you quote to support your creed. Nor have you grasped that Jesus loved Gods word, the disciples loved Gods word, the whole thing.

My friend, I am sorry if you have felt under attack, or uncomfortable with my approach, I will bother you no longer with questions you clearly have no intention of answering. It appears by your design, I am to learn little from you

I invited you to defend your "inspired expressions", to prove to me that your word originates with God. You instead use the scripture to belittle and insult, rather than to discuss in good faith. You ignore context and translation bias in order to twist scripture to your will, rather than it's original purpose.

neologist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
xxxx Foundation is the point where you start your belief. A foundation is what holds something up. And the bible says that the only foundation that will work is Jesus. Now its plain to see that Jesus is the new testament. And to argue with the verses in the new testament is to stand on some other foundation rather than Jesus. Now I have seen some who dispute one verse in the new testament with another verse in the new testament. Which shows one has grown further than the other in their walk, which is ok, that is how we edify one another. But to dispute any verse in the new testament with a personal opinion or with a different book or even with the old testament is standing on a different foundation. Some people use their emotions for the foundation of their belief. Some people use science as their foundation. All these deceptions must be purged to come to Gods truth. And it is there I found it.
How many times did Jesus or the Greek writers quote from or refer to the "Old Testament"?
Well into the hundreds, if you care to check.
Are those parts of the OT OK?
I believe you have spit up some milk.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:38 pm
@Smileyrius,
I have no idea of what your trying to say.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:39 pm
@neologist,
If its written in the new testament it is part of the new testament.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 06:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quintessentially, I have seen very little to suggest you have any divine assistance in your understanding of scripture, and plenty to suggest the opposite.
neologist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 06:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
If its written in the new testament it is part of the new testament.
Then, are the parts of the "OT" that happen to be left out of the "NT" not divinely inspired?
How may we discern?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 07:14 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well you do have the right to be wrong.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 07:15 pm
@neologist,
If your going to discern anything without the Holy Spirit guiding you your not going to get the right discernment. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 07:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
I hope that I am wrong Squeak, my disappointment is that you appear to have no apparent interest in the kind of discussion that would show me wrong.
Wilso

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 09:04 pm
Since there's no such thing as a soul, hell, or heaven, I'm going to go with "no".
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 09:04 pm
@Smileyrius,
I'm not here just to prove anyone wrong. I'm here to edify the brethren.
EDIFY (SHARE MORE VERSES-BUILD EACH OTHER UP WITH VERSES)
Rom 12:10-11
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
Heb 6:11-12
11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end,
12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
2 Tim 2:14-15
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Pet 1:10
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
James 3:1-2
1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
1 Cor 11:31-32
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
1 Pet 2:13-17
13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme,
14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1 Pet 2:18-19
18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
Rom 14:19
19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
1Thes 5:11-14
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.
(NKJ)

xxxEdify means to build them up with more of the armor and more verses(power) to fight against the wiles of the devil. Edify does not mean make them feel good about themselves. But to give them more verses more strength(faith). Faith is spiritual strength, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

1Thes 5:11-13
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
(NKJ)
Eph 6:11-17
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

xxxInside all of us we have two sides. Good or bad. Righteous or evil. Spiritual or carnal. Godly or satanic. Affections or emotions. Now with every word that comes out of your mouth you are edifying one side or the other. And with every word that you hear you are going to feed one side or the other.Your going to feed the inner man or the outer person. Every reply on these boards can be discerned with these theories. But you must discern your self. Are you supporting God or self.

Jude 1:20-21
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
(NKJ)

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 09:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I'm not here just to prove anyone wrong. I'm here to edify the brethren.
EDIFY (SHARE MORE VERSES-BUILD EACH OTHER UP WITH VERSES)
All well and good. But here is where your error comes in:
Squeakybro wrote:
xxxInside all of us we have two sides. Good or bad. Righteous or evil. Spiritual or carnal. Godly or satanic. Affections or emotions. Now with every word that comes out of your mouth you are edifying one side or the other. And with every word that you hear you are going to feed one side or the other.Your going to feed the inner man or the outer person. Every reply on these boards can be discerned with these theories. But you must discern your self. Are you supporting God or self.
Your citations do not support your thesis.