Never marry a REALLY hot women.

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:05 pm
"He" is the correct pronoun to use, yes. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 02:52 pm
Calamity, your expressing yourself as a mature woman, and we have no idea of the resemblance you allot to maturity compared to others. There are teenagers who claim to be mature.

As for 'Cher,' 'she can afford to look like that' is not really good enough.

She has it, she flaunts it.

She needs it, she can afford to pay for it.

Fair enough, and why not?

You can go to Bangkok and get a face lift, boob job and a hospital second to none, plus a hotel room second to none, including your trip there and back for around 10,000 dollars. You don't need to pay 'Cher's' illustrious fees.

Hey I'm on one. How old is this lady? Bad manners, ok I'll go along with you, your style, but if you need it, and you want it, you can get it. And why not!

Just a babbling brook {Jab-henceforth} If by chance you resemble your avatar in life. You could get away with any crime under the sun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 02:55 pm
Sorry, Mathos, you can't use that name . . . we already have a member named Justababblingbrooke . . .

And she's far better looking than you will ever convince me you are . . .
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:00 pm
Setanta wrote:
Sorry, Mathos, you can't use that name . . . we already have a member named Justababblingbrooke . . .

And she's far better looking than you will ever convince me you are . . .

Hi Setanta, I won't use it again then.

Ruggedly handsome, I often get told.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:01 pm
RHIOGT ? ! ? ! ?

How does one pronounce that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:06 pm
Just so that no one thinks i was only being unkind . . .

Mathos:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/901958770426ac74dbbfe2.jpg

JBB:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/4886042423ffc710024a01.jpg

Really, there is just no comparison . . .

(Psst, Mathos, she posted on the previous page ! ! !)
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:38 pm
I replied to her on this page !

I totally agree, no comparison.

RHIOGT ! = Right Honourable Informer of Great Talent. could be your starter for 10.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:41 pm
Now you've lost me altogether, and i rather suspect it is due to the Englishman's penchant for butchering our language . . .

My starter for 10?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 08:52 pm
Actually, this is kind of funny:

If men followed the general consensus of this thread, Hot Women could almost never get married!

They'd have to, you know, gain some weight and make theirself more dumpy, then maybe one of us would consider marrying them! Twisted Evil

Woe to the Hot Woman! Avoid them like the plague. If you see a hot woman coming toward you, run the other way!

For all you ladies out there who are wanting to get married, and haven't yet, and you're wondering why? Take note! You are just too friggin hot!

Quit being so Hot, get dumpy & get married! Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:41 pm
Well, i was about 500 words into a detailed response to the entire theme of this thread, when it was inadvertantly wiped out by a PM i recieved.

I am serious about posting it, though, so . . .

. . . ah'll be bahck.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:27 pm
Then entire thesis of this thread is, in my never humble opinion, pretty damned shallow--and i'll tell y'all why.

I once knew a woman, to whom i will refer as Belle--because she was beautiful, and that name in no way resembles her real name; this will preserve her privacy.

Belle and i became close for a couple of years, more than 20 years ago. Belle was French, she was a natural blonde, and she was over six feet tall, slim, with very lovely, classic features (the tall blonde is not at all uncommon among French women). In short, she was beautiful by just about anybody's definition. She was taller than i am, and we stood out in a crowd. My friends quickly learned that they risked assault if they made lurid comments--i respected her, and did not intend to have her subjected the puerile, junior high locker room comments of allegedly grown men.

Although we never discussed the subject directly, she certainly was no fool, and knew we stood out as a couple (the closest she ever came to a discussion was once saying it was a relief to have a companion who was her own size--although she was an inch or more taller than i). It was my experience with her which gave me insight into, in fact, a revelation about, what it is like to be beautiful in a petty world. Several automatic assumptions attach to people who are naturally beautiful. She's stupid. She's stuck up. She thinks she's smarter than everybody else (which in her case, happened to be accurate for 95% of the comparisons). She'd never have anything to do with someone like me (this last being revelatory about the genesis of the prejudice against attractive people).

Belle was a doctoral student in cinema studies. She had seen literally thousands of films in her lifetime, and could quote long passages of dialogue, in French and in English (her English was almost flawless). She was conversant in a detailed manner with the entire film making process. She still had that childish wonder aspect of the best of film lovers, and a visceral reaction to good movies. We went to see The Shining at a discount campus theater, not once, but twice. The first time, she ran out when Nicholson was stalking through the Lodge with the axe. The second time, she made it as far as the part where he bashes in the door and sticks his head through, saying: "Honey, I'm home!"--before literally running out of the theater. She later told me, in an embarrassed manner, that she had gone back alone to see the film all the way through. Her discomfort was occassioned as much by having someone she knew see her reaction as it was by getting so involved that the "horror" of a horror movie worked on her exactly as intended.

She was fluent in seven languages, five European (including Russian) and Arabic and Farsi. She was about as stupid as Albert Einstein.

I knew a great many down home boys and girls on that campus. Southerners typically keep a low profile in the North, because of the prejudice and ridicule to which they are subjected in the North if they are too visible. Belle was as comfortable with me and the down home crowd, gettin' our hands greasy at a pig pickin', as she was in a group disucssing narrative cloture in a semiotics seminar. Her natural grace and charm, and good natured and genuine interest in meeting new people and getting to know them made her a hit with all of us country boys and girls. She was equally comfortable in completely different crowds. Although i taught myself to read French at age 13, i didn't speak it fluently until i was nearly 30--having no guide, when i came to attempt spoken French, it came out so badly, that i gave up the effort. But i had gotten to know quite a few francophone Africans, who laughed at the idea that i wouldn't speak French, and i quickly became fluent in an accidental and relaxed immersion setting. The West Africans are a family oriented, good-natured and out-going type of people, who like nothing better than an inpromptu pot luck dinner, with lots of music, singing, dancing, and above all else, laughter. Belle fit right in with no problem, and you could not have found a greater contrast than this tall, lithe, pale and blonde woman dancing with black men and women while everyone howled with laughter at all of our own antics. Belle was about as stuck-up as Jesus.

Belle never condescended to anyone, neither socially nor intellectually. She never spoke down to anyone, and her English was better than about half the Americans she met. She had a nack for finding conversational topics of mutual interest, and when we went to parties, i usually lost track of her for hours, while she wandered around, enjoying any conversational options which presented themselves. Had anyone ever told her that she thought she was smarter than everyone else, she likely would have turned to me and asked what that meant. Someone once said as much to me, and she asked me if smarter in that context meant better-dressed. Neither she nor i ever concerned ourselves with fashion, her only fashion obsession being "rose." "J'aime porter rose!" (I love to wear pink!) she would exclaim at least once a month. When she did encounter a woman who was obsessed with fashion, she would nod with a very serious demeanor while the woman explained to her everything which was wrong with her "look," and then ask her in the most convincing manner what her advice was to improve her appearance.

Many, most of the men i knew (apart from the Africans--just always imagine them laughing in the background, in a good-natured way) were immediately intimidated by her. But she would put them at their ease so quickly, and make them feel as though they were the most fascinating conversationalist in the room. Not a single friend to whom i introduced her came away with anything but praise for her--for her beauty and her native charm.

So how would i explain this combination of features? Belle's attitude to life was to make the most of what was available to her. When the common prejudice against the beautiful (oh yes, it is very real) made itself manifest, she would zero in on the sulking "resenter" and do her damnest to strike up a conversation and put them at their ease. She knew she was a stunning woman, she knew she had an intimidating intellect, and she knew the price that truly attractive people are likely to be made to pay for the simple fact of their beauty. So she met it head on. She was the most naturally good-natured person i've ever met. One night after we had first met, as she was headed home, protesting she had papers to grade and we'd meet for coffee in the morning as usual, i was leary because it was so late at night, and college campuses are notorious for assaults and rapes. She replied: "Ah, c'est fou, j'ai mon vélo, je vais voler comme la flêche ! ! ! ("Oh, that's silly, I've got my bike, I'm going to fly like an arrow ! ! !") The next morning, she pulled up her pant leg to show me a terrible road scab on her knee, which she had incurred when some guy actually did try to chase her down that night. She could enjoy a good laugh at her own expense, and in private conversation with her, she was ever after La Flêche to me--The Arrow. It was at that point that i realized that i had a gem in my trembling hand, rare, precious and beautiful. She not only did not mind, her face would light up whenever she heard "Salut la Flêche, comment ça va?"

From Belle, i learned so much, and most of all, i learned just how difficult we make life for people who are beautiful, and stir up the green-eyed monster within us all.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:57 pm
Setanta ~ Has anyone ever told you how beautifully you paint with your words? You have my great admiration at just how wise of a man you are. I'm sure that Belle learned many things from you, also. What awesome memories you both have for your memory banks!

PS- I enjoyed reading the playful little bantering between you and Mathos. Gave me a big smile. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:08 pm
Aw, garsh . . .
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:04 am
Thank you, Set.
That one goes on my fridge for a few days.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
Now you've lost me altogether, and i rather suspect it is due to the Englishman's penchant for butchering our language . . .

My starter for 10?

Setanta,

We, {The English} appear as it were, to have conquered and peopled half the world in a fit of absence of mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:18 pm
I am still in the dark, but a lifetime's experience has made me comfortable with that condition.

You might not know, but i could easily write page after page "off the top of my head" on the subject of conquering the world in a fit of absence of mind.

You're up . . .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:44 pm
i believe i believe
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:45 pm
Well, Duh, Roger . . .

Of course you believe, having been so victimized in the past . . .
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:46 pm
What then is the American, this new man?
He is either a European or a descendant of a European, hence that strange and peculiar mixture of blood, which you will find in no other country. Here individuals of all nations are melted into a new race of men, whose labours and posterity will one day cause great changes in the world.

{Letters from an American farmer.1782}

'the creek without a paddle would appear a fitting consideration towards your plight Setanta.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:27 pm
Nice post, Set.

An interesting point: just because someone is very attractive (female or male)--doesn't mean that they are any more likely to have negative qualities of any kind, actually.
0 Replies