Should I talk to him?

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 03:41 pm
Hey, I wanted some advice. I have exams for a few months. I was sat in a room to wait & register with other students. This guy walked in , we both locked eyes straight away. It was a few times & I quickly looked away. I tried to distract myself but in the corner of my eye he kept looking at me. I didn't look as I didn't want to seem obvious.
To make sure I wasn't being paranoid I waited to see what would happen further on. Every time we were in the same area I noticed he would look at me. Days later I had a morning exam, I was talking to another girl and didn't realise he was sat not far away from where we were standing. I was looking around the room & there he was looking right at me. Just like before we locked eyes which was for about a few seconds, then I went back to the conversation. This has happened repeatedly and I'm sure he's looking at me so, what does this mean? Should I talk to him? If so how do I start a conversation without making it awkward we haven't talked to each other yet . I would love some advice! Thanks Sereena

View best answer, chosen by Sereenala
Sereenala

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 04:00 pm
@Sereenala,
Btw I just wanted to add when he looked at me he wouldn't look away straight away. Like when I was conversations with another girl & locked eyes, he didn't look away he just kept looking.
jespah

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 04:55 pm
@Sereenala,
You go over and say, "Hi, I'm Sereenala. Do you have an exam in here, too?"
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 05:13 pm
@Sereenala,
Yes, you should talk to him. Pretty much any question you ask him will work. Ask him if he knows a good place for coffee.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 07:59 pm
@Sereenala,
You asked "What does it mean?" I'd say it means he thinks you are pretty. And when he doesn't look away it means he isn't shy about it and he wants you to know it. It could mean that he can't take his eyes off of you.
(I kind of play sometimes, so just smile about this)-
The next time he is looking at you, go up to him and say "Would you like a picture of me?"
0 Replies

glitterbag
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 08:30 pm
@Sereenala,
The next time you lock eyes, smile and say hi....sometimes all you need is a greeting, raise your hand and wave a greeting. Thats easier than walking over to introduce yourself, but it's still friendly and can break the ice.

I don't think asking him if he would like a picture is a good way to go.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 08:37 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't either. I said I was kidding. He might take it as an insult unless she was smiling when she said it. What if he said "Sure."...?
0 Replies

fortbort

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 09:34 am
It sounds like you want to talk to him and see what he's about so yeah, go for it. You can easily strike up a conversation about something related to school. Even easier if you have a class together or a friend in common. Or better yet, try to give him an opportunity to talk to you first. If he's interested, he should let you know but he could be shy too.
0 Replies

Tezz CK

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 10:16 pm
No harm in saying hi. Hes probably a bit timid and unable to open the conversation with confidence. You may find him with low confidence in the future. Say hi, and follow with a question about his study would work
0 Replies