truthfinder3

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:23 pm
I'm not threatining you, I simply made suggestions and you can either reject it or not. Secondly I never said I knew what you believed but common sense told me that you found Christianity to be a joke. You can call it superstition and I call it truth and I'm not going to waste my time with someone who only makes derrogatory remarks. And as for your latin phrase, seems hypocritcal to someone who mocks the Christian religion. I only spoke on behalf of what Christ taught, and if you find this pathetic then you find the teachings of Christ pathetic, in other words you are not attacking me verbally, but Christ. I didn't know what your latin phrase meant unto I researched it and found a link which explains it:

latin phrase

Take Care!
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 07:15 pm
Using a latin phrase to mock christianity is hypocritical.

Sir, i believe that is one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever read.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:10 am
Thank you for responding to my post,

??????? wrote:
Do I think that its fair to consider good works like unto "filthy rags"? Yes sir I sure do. According to the prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 64:6), I think it would be fair since one of the biggest mistakes in humanity is to deny the truths handed to Gods ambassadors (prophets)

I asked you for your opinion, not what the Bible says about it.
So the efforts you make on this forum are "filthy rags". For me, I give them their importance (I don't consider them as "filthy rags"). That's why I am responding to your posts.
When Christianity considers the deeds of a person as "filthy rags", it does not encourage her/him to enjoin Good and forbid Evil.

??????? wrote:
unless you believe that Isaiah is a false prophet?

Since he is not mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an nor in the authentic tradition of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), I can't say that Isaiah is a prophet.
We believe there were thousands of Prophets since Adam (peace be upon him). By name, 25 are mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an. Isaiah may be a Prophet, yet he is not amongst those 25.

??????? wrote:
When a person accepts Christ as their Savior, there is a "change of heart", i.e., there is geniune repentance and thus they turn away from their sins. Furthermore they are a "new creation" in God and their old sin nature has passed on, they now live according to the spirit and not the flesh. As a result their faith will "naturally" produce good works

You said: "As a result their faith will "Naturally" produce good works". Yet, a great deal of Christians do bad deeds even after accepting the Christ as their savior.

??????? wrote:
however good works in and by itself cannot save the person since it is "SIN" which separates man from God.

Christianity considers human beings are sinners because Adam and Eve made an original sin.
On the other hand, Islam teaches that human beings are born pure and sinless. No one is responsible for or can take the responsibility of the sins of others.
So, which (Christianity or Islam) is more just and fair? ...

??????? wrote:
and I believe that only through the shedding of Christs blood can we obtain forgiveness from God an receive Eternal Life.

With all my due respect, I disagree. Sincere and true repentance is the key to obtain forgiveness from God, most Gracious, most Merciful. "O ye who believe! Turn to Allah (God) with sincere repentance" [Glorious Qur'an 66:8]

??????? wrote:
Do you wonder how the God of Islam is supposedly the same God of Christianity and at the same time their doctrinal views clash? How can God allow confliction between His truth, can God author confusion or has one side been misled?

Definitely, one side has been misled.
I believe that the Gospels we have today are not exactly the Injeel revealed to Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). Today's Bible may contain the word of God, but it also contains words of Prophets, historians as well as many scientific errors.
A relevant question would then emerge: "How could God let his words be changed or make any errors"? I already answered it here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/a2k-post1492556.html#1492556

You did not make any reference to my question:
muslim1 wrote:
Also, I can't imagine how God would have a son. How can an "Absolute Holy and Pure God" (to use your words) have a son? Doesn't this affect His Purity, Holiness and Majesty? If priests can't marry and therefore have children (because maybe it affects their purity), why do Christians attribute a son to God, the Creator and Sustainer of all mankind?

And Allah (God) knows best.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:15 pm
??????? wrote:
I'm not threatining you, I simply made suggestions and you can either reject it or not. Secondly I never said I knew what you believed but common sense told me that you found Christianity to be a joke. You can call it superstition and I call it truth and I'm not going to waste my time with someone who only makes derrogatory remarks. And as for your latin phrase, seems hypocritcal to someone who mocks the Christian religion. I only spoke on behalf of what Christ taught, and if you find this pathetic then you find the teachings of Christ pathetic, in other words you are not attacking me verbally, but Christ. I didn't know what your latin phrase meant unto I researched it and found a link which explains it:

latin phrase

Take Care!

http://www.yorkrite.com/rcc/
0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 10:56 pm
Hello muslim1, and thanks for your response!

muslim1 wrote:
I asked you for your opinion, not what the Bible says about it.
So the efforts you make on this forum are "filthy rags". For me, I give them their importance (I don't consider them as "filthy rags"). That's why I am responding to your posts.
When Christianity considers the deeds of a person as "filthy rags", it does not encourage her/him to enjoin Good and forbid Evil.

If I were to give you my pesonal opinion then I would say that both yours and my effort are not "filthy rags". However personal opinion aside from God standard of opinion on righteousness and works are completely different aspects. Christianity teaching that our deeds are as "filthy rags" is not to discourage him/her but rather point them towards humilty and reliance upon God realizing that we are not good enough to earn our way into Paradise on our own merit. The Bible teaches that none of us deserve to enter heaven and that those who possess the mentality that they deserve to by their meritorious works is found among the proud and also the religious men of Jesus' day who rejected Jesus' teaching and exalted themselves and believed that their good works gives them the right to enter heaven.

muslim1 wrote:
Since he is not mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an nor in the authentic tradition of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), I can't say that Isaiah is a prophet.
We believe there were thousands of Prophets since Adam (peace be upon him). By name, 25 are mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an. Isaiah may be a Prophet, yet he is not amongst those 25.

But can you say with absolute certainty that he isn't? What if your wrong? Jesus Himself whom you esteem as a good teacher and prophet often quoted Isaiah and referred to him as a prophet. Isaiah is considered on the "major" prophets in both Christianity and Judaism and the oldest existing manuscript of the book of Isaiah is the "Dead Sea Scroll 1 Q Isa", dating from at least 100 B.C and absolutely shows no evidence of disunity or multiple authorship.

muslim wrote:
You said: "As a result their faith will "Naturally" produce good works". Yet, a great deal of Christians do bad deeds even after accepting the Christ as their savior.

Every human being whether Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and etc in their imperfect state are capable of living in error. A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ, and someone who claims to be a Christian who makes the "habit" of doing bad deeds is according to the scriptures a false convert and a self-professed Christian.

muslim1 wrote:
Christianity considers human beings are sinners because Adam and Eve made an original sin.
On the other hand, Islam teaches that human beings are born pure and sinless. No one is responsible for or can take the responsibility of the sins of others.
So, which (Christianity or Islam) is more just and fair? ...

Moses himself discussed the importance of animal sacrifices as a sin covering and is discussed rather extensively in the Old Testament in the books of Exodus and Leviticus. Human beings are born with a "sin nature", and a sin nature orginates from sin, a sin that is innate in all of us and thus needs to be cleansed. Animal sacrifices were temporary could not remove or cleanse the sin from within the person. And since God is Holy, He cannot be in the presence of sin, thus only a perfect sacrifice could suffice this. And those who accept this perfect sacrifice are then able to approach God and be in His presence and enter Paradise.

muslim wrote:
With all my due respect, I disagree. Sincere and true repentance is the key to obtain forgiveness from God, most Gracious, most Merciful. "O ye who believe! Turn to Allah (God) with sincere repentance" [Glorious Qur'an 66:8]

You have every right to disagree and I respect your right. However there are many non-religious people who with their conscience decide to repent or to turn away from doing evil or wrong which is considered sin. Does this give them the right to enter heaven? My belief on this is reconciled with my previous response above.

muslim1 wrote:
Definitely, one side has been misled.
I believe that the Gospels we have today are not exactly the Injeel revealed to Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). Today's Bible may contain the word of God, but it also contains words of Prophets, historians as well as many scientific errors.
A relevant question would then emerge: "How could God let his words be changed or make any errors"? I already answered it here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/a2k-post1492556.html#1492556

Actually I have researched the so called errors in the bible and I have condluded there are no scientific errors.

muslim1 wrote:

I'll also quote from your own Bible:

Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

Matthew 10:5-6 "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Acts 11:19 "Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only."

I'm not sure what your implying, but Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and His disciples from then were to take it to the world:
"Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

This was a command given by Jesus!

muslim1 wrote:
Also, I can't imagine how God would have a son. How can an "Absolute Holy and Pure God" (to use your words) have a son? Doesn't this affect His Purity, Holiness and Majesty? If priests can't marry and therefore have children (because maybe it affects their purity), why do Christians attribute a son to God, the Creator and Sustainer of all mankind?

The scriptures uses the words "only begotten" which has a different meaning that what Allah himself understood it to be. According to the Quran, Allah himself describes "begotten" as meaning giving birth to, however this is not what Christianity teaches. The words "only begotten" (mono genes) means "one of a kind" and uncreated as compared to the many sons of God, He is the one and only Son of God who is of the same essence as His Father.

God Bless!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:07 am
??????? wrote:

Actually I have researched the so called errors in the bible and I have condluded there are no scientific errors.

How any intelligent person can make such a statement and expect to be taken seriously is beyond me.

Did you research the Koran for error while you were at it?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 06:17 pm
Thank you ??????? for your post,

??????? wrote:
and someone who claims to be a Christian who makes the "habit" of doing bad deeds is according to the scriptures a false convert and a self-professed Christian.

So someone who believes in the Christ as savior and yet makes many bad deeds will not enter Heaven?
Secondly, what is the limit, the threshold of bad deeds that makes a Christian a false convert?

??????? wrote:
Human beings are born with a "sin nature", and a sin nature orginates from sin, a sin that is innate in all of us and thus needs to be cleansed.

I believe, as I said before, that people are born pure and sinless.
For example: observe a new born baby: you will find purity instead of sin, innocence instead of guilt. Can we imagine that this baby holds a "sin nature"?
When our fathers Adam and Eve made a sin, we were not yet born. Why do you hold the whole humanity responsible for that sin? I think it's unjust.

??????? wrote:
However there are many non-religious people who with their conscience decide to repent or to turn away from doing evil or wrong which is considered sin. Does this give them the right to enter heaven?

Yes. If a person makes a truthful repentance, if she/he regrets what she/he was doing (sins) before repentance, then yes, by God's Will, they will be awarded Paradise. Remember that God (Allah) is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

??????? wrote:

This is hardly a scientific statement. So, how can you convince me that there are no scientific errors in the Bible?

Basically, the thread is not "Christianity Q&A". However, would you mind helping me understand the following verses from the Bible:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Now, scientifically, drinking deadly poison kills or dangerously hurts. How can then a Christian believer not be harmed at all?
I am convinced your are a true Christian believer, can you then pass the test mentioned in the above verses (Mark 16:17-18)?

??????? wrote:
I'm not sure what your implying, but Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and His disciples from then were to take it to the world:
"Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

On the one hand, if we suppose that Mark 16:15 is an integral part of the Bible, then how can we reconcile it with Matthew 10:5-6 mentioned above and also with Matthew 1:21 : "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." ?

On the other hand, is really Mark 16:15 part of the Bible? Why do the newer translations not have Mark 16:9-20?

??????? wrote:
I'm not sure what your implying

What I am implying is what the Qur'an says: "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel" [Glorious Qur'an 3:49]
That is, Jesus the Christ (peace be upon him) was a Messenger to the Children of Israel only and his message was designed for a specific time period.

??????? wrote:
which has a different meaning that what Allah himself understood it to be.

No my friend. Your (and my) Creator Allah (which is the Arabic word for God) correctly understands all what is in the Heavens and the Earth, He is the All-Knowing, He knows all what happened, what happens and what will happen. "Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them)." [Glorious Qur'an 67:14]

??????? wrote:
The words "only begotten" (mono genes) means "one of a kind" and uncreated as compared to the many sons of God, He is the one and only Son of God who is of the same essence as His Father.

God says: "And there is none like unto Him." [Glorious Qur'an 112:4]
and: "There is nothing whatever like unto Him" [Glorious Qur'an 42:11]

I look forward to reading your comments.

Peace be on those who follow the guidance.

0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
Welcome back my friend and nice to hear from you again!

muslim wrote:
So someone who believes in the Christ as savior and yet makes many bad deeds will not enter Heaven?
Secondly, what is the limit, the threshold of bad deeds that makes a Christian a false convert?

Jesus said that a tree is known by the "fruit" that it bears. Everyone who is born of God through faith in Christ is a new creature according to the scriptures and are given a new nature. If anyone truly believes that Christ is their Savior will keep His commandments and instruction. In all honesty it is up to God to judge the heart of a person, however when a person makes a habit of sinning it demonstrates no change from within and their deeds "fruits" are examples that their heart remains in an unregenerate state.

muslim wrote:
I believe, as I said before, that people are born pure and sinless.
For example: observe a new born baby: you will find purity instead of sin, innocence instead of guilt. Can we imagine that this baby holds a "sin nature"?
When our fathers Adam and Eve made a sin, we were not yet born. Why do you hold the whole humanity responsible for that sin? I think it's unjust.

It is not I who hold all of humanity responsible and it is not I who considers it fair or unjust, but rather the scriptures. When sin was passed down from Adam, this is called "imputed sin", which means to ascribe to or reckon. The imputation of sin occured originally when the sin of Adam was charged to the account of every person. The imputation of sin is not arbitrarily charging people with their sins for which they are not naturally responsible, but reckoning to them the guilt they deserve. Imputation of sin is charged to all because we are connected with Adam's race. God not only imputes the sin of Adam to the race; He also offers to do the same with the righteousness of Christ. When God imputes the righteousness of Christ to the account of the believer, He makes the person's record as good (or as perfect) as Jesus Christ's. Imputed righteousness is the only remedy for imputed sin. Furthermore I don't believe that God is going to send a baby to hell, since the bible speaks of an age of accountability.

muslim wrote:
Yes. If a person makes a truthful repentance, if she/he regrets what she/he was doing (sins) before repentance, then yes, by God's Will, they will be awarded Paradise. Remember that God (Allah) is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

I respect your belief, however I believe that repentance without the cleansing of their sins from within will not grant them paradise. Jesus said that He is the only way to God, and that came to die on the cross for the sins of the world, this was His primary purpose here on earth. The scriptures state that if you believe that Jesus is Lord and that He died for your sins and rose again the third day, you will be saved. God is indeed the most merciful and most gracious, however mercy without judgment would make God inbalanced, where there is injustice (sin), it must be judged and their must be justice because God is Holy and just.

muslim wrote:
This is hardly a scientific statement. So, how can you convince me that there are no scientific errors in the Bible?

Basically, the thread is not "Christianity Q&A". However, would you mind helping me understand the following verses from the Bible:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Now, scientifically, drinking deadly poison kills or dangerously hurts. How can then a Christian believer not be harmed at all?
I am convinced your are a true Christian believer, can you then pass the test mentioned in the above verses (Mark 16:17-18)?

Within that passage you quoted, it also says that those who believe will speak in "new tongues" and "heal" by laying their hands on the sick, and if we go further in scriptures it also says that not everyone can speak in "new tongues" and not everyone who believes can "heal":1 Corinthians 12:30 - Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

Not all Christians are immune to deadly poison, since not all gifts are distributed to all Christians but to believers in general. Furthermore, to deliberately drink poison may not be Gods will and can be a form of tempting God and can result in death.

muslim wrote:
On the one hand, if we suppose that Mark 16:15 is an integral part of the Bible, then how can we reconcile it with Matthew 10:5-6 mentioned above and also with Matthew 1:21 : "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." ?

On the other hand, is really Mark 16:15 part of the Bible? Why do the newer translations not have Mark 16:9-20?

You are correct, Jesus was sent for the House of Israel only, however His disciples were part of the House of Israel, and Jesus' command to them was to preach the Gospel to "all the world". What happens when the Jews reject Jesus' message?

Quote:
But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter. And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed. (Mark 7:27-30)

The dogs are the Gentiles and since the chidren (Israel) reject the message (bread) Jesus, the dogs (gentiles) then receive the bread (message).

muslim1 wrote:
No my friend. Your (and my) Creator Allah (which is the Arabic word for God) correctly understands all what is in the Heavens and the Earth, He is the All-Knowing, He knows all what happened, what happens and what will happen. "Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them)." [Glorious Qur'an 67:14]

I have muslim friends, and they all agree that the word "begotten" in the Quran is similar to having a son through creation or procreation. This is not what the scriptures teach. What does the word begotten mean to you according to what the Quran teaches?

muslim1 wrote:
God says: "And there is none like unto Him." [Glorious Qur'an 112:4]
and: "There is nothing whatever like unto Him" [Glorious Qur'an 42:11]

I look forward to reading your comments.

I agree that there is none Like God, however the God of Christianity is unique also as I wil explain. There is no religion that teaches that there is One God manifested in three eternal persons, this is indigenous to Christianity alone. Tritheism is three gods and this is found in paganism, the God of Christianity is One God in three uncreated Eternal Persons who are of one substance and essence and in absolute Unity.

• John 10:30 - I and my Father are one.
  • John 14:9 - Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
  • John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
  • John 10:33 - The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
  • John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Take Care for now and God Bless!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 09:11 am
??????? wrote:

Not all Christians are immune to deadly poison, since not all gifts are distributed to all Christians but to believers in general. Furthermore, to deliberately drink poison may not be Gods will and can be a form of tempting God and can result in death.

You know I have no objection to anyone being a Christian or a Muslim, but when you take a piece of scripture literally and apply twisted logic to come up with nonsense like this, I really despair.

"not all Christians are immune to deadly poison" means some are immune. Who? The more pious and devout? Is it any wonder that young people reject Christianity whole if they are expected to swallow (excuse pun) this stuff?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:41 pm
Thank you ??????? for your post,

??????? wrote:
Jesus said that a tree is known by the "fruit" that it bears. Everyone who is born of God through faith in Christ is a new creature according to the scriptures and are given a new nature. If anyone truly believes that Christ is their Savior will keep His commandments and instruction. In all honesty it is up to God to judge the heart of a person, however when a person makes a habit of sinning it demonstrates no change from within and their deeds "fruits" are examples that their heart remains in an unregenerate state.

I appreciate your reply here. However, it does not answer my two questions: 1) Will a person who believes in the Christ as savior and yet makes many bad deeds enter Heaven or Hell? 2) What is the limit or threshold that defines the "habit of sinning"?

??????? wrote:
If anyone truly believes that Christ is their Savior will keep His commandments and instruction.

Is a person reaches the stage of true belief in Christ, will she/he become a perfect person? Is the "new nature" an immunity against sins?

??????? wrote:
It is not I who hold all of humanity responsible and it is not I who considers it fair or unjust, but rather the scriptures.

I think a person cannot annihilate his/her intelligence and follow blindly the scriptures. God almighty gave us a brain and a heart to be used so that we can reach the truth.

??????? wrote:
When sin was passed down from Adam, this is called "imputed sin", which means to ascribe to or reckon. The imputation of sin occured originally when the sin of Adam was charged to the account of every person. The imputation of sin is not arbitrarily charging people with their sins for which they are not naturally responsible, but reckoning to them the guilt they deserve. Imputation of sin is charged to all because we are connected with Adam's race.

I truly respect your belief on this. Yet I reiterate my point of view: I think it is unjust to ascribe or impute a sin to people who never made it.
Islam clearly states that no one is accountable of the sins of the others: "No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. " [Glorious Qur"an 39:7]

??????? wrote:
When God imputes the righteousness of Christ to the account of the believer, He makes the person's record as good (or as perfect) as Jesus Christ's. Imputed righteousness is the only remedy for imputed sin.

While sin is imputed (as you believe) to the whole of humanity, why is righteousness ascribed only to the account of the believer (not the whole of humanity)? Isn't this also very unjust?

??????? wrote:
Furthermore I don't believe that God is going to send a baby to hell, since the bible speaks of an age of accountability.

We agree here. In Islam there is an age below which a boy/girl is not accountable for his/her acts.

??????? wrote:
Jesus said that He is the only way to God, and that came to die on the cross for the sins of the world, this was His primary purpose here on earth.

According to your belief, when Jesus (peace be upon him) died on the cross, was he in a human form or in a divine one (God)?
My view on this is:
1) If he was in a human state, then it is hardly conceivable that a man could carry all the sins of the world.
2) If he was in God state, then God does not die.
In both cases, I (and many many others) have difficulties to understand the situation...

??????? wrote:

I totally agree with Steve's comments on this. "Not all Christians are immune to deadly poison" means some are immune, which is unscientific.
Can you give me the name (with proof) of a devout Christian who successfully passed the deadly poison test?

??????? wrote:
You are correct, Jesus was sent for the House of Israel only, however His disciples were part of the House of Israel, and Jesus' command to them was to preach the Gospel to "all the world". What happens when the Jews reject Jesus' message?

Quote:

But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter. And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed. (Mark 7:27-30)

The dogs are the Gentiles and since the chidren (Israel) reject the message (bread) Jesus, the dogs (gentiles) then receive the bread (message).

I appreciate your explanations here, even if I disagree with you.
In think Matthew 1:21 is quite clear that Jesus will save his people (Children of Israel) not all of the world.

Moreover, you did not refer to my question:
muslim1 wrote:
is really Mark 16:15 part of the Bible? Why do the newer translations not have Mark 16:9-20?

??????? wrote:
I have muslim friends, and they all agree that the word "begotten" in the Quran is similar to having a son through creation or procreation. This is not what the scriptures teach. What does the word begotten mean to you according to what the Quran teaches?

My objection was about the word "understood" you used when describing Allah (God), because He is the All-Knowing.
If Jesus (peace be upon him) is not created, why do "the scriptures" consider him as son of God?
As to what "begotten" means in the Glorious Qur'an from my limited knowledge, it depends on the verse. For example: "He begetteth not, nor is He begotten" [Glorious Qur'an 112:3] means having a son/daughter through creation/procreation. But, in the Chapter of Mary: "They say: "((Allah)) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"" [Glorious Qur'an 19:88] refers to what the Christians believe in.

??????? wrote:
I agree that there is none Like God, however the God of Christianity is unique also as I wil explain. There is no religion that teaches that there is One God manifested in three eternal persons, this is indigenous to Christianity alone. Tritheism is three gods and this is found in paganism, the God of Christianity is One God in three uncreated Eternal Persons who are of one substance and essence and in absolute Unity.

Although I respect what you wrote, I find it strange for a central belief in Christianity (I mean the Trinity) to be so difficult to understand (three gods in one). By the way, many Christians do not totally comprehend the concept of Trinity.

In Islam, it is quite easy: There is One and a Unique God:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him.
[Glorious Qur'an Chapter 112]

0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:08 am
Nice to hear from you again muslim1!

muslim1 wrote:
I appreciate your reply here. However, it does not answer my two questions: 1) Will a person who believes in the Christ as savior and yet makes many bad deeds enter Heaven or Hell? 2) What is the limit or threshold that defines the "habit of sinning"?

I believed that you missed my point in my previous response, the scriptures clearly teaches and by experience that someone who truly 'believes" in Christ also believes in His teachings and will strictly adhere to them. It is also clear that anyone who makes many bad deeds may not believe in Christ but is a false convert. Secondly a habit of sinning is when the persons life is ruled by sin rather than the spirit, i.e., sin dominates over their life rather than living according to the commandments of God.

muslim1 wrote:
Is a person reaches the stage of true belief in Christ, will she/he become a perfect person? Is the "new nature" an immunity against sins?

This new nature is not an immunity against sins because the scriptures teaches us that the flesh wages war against the soul. However the sin nature will not dominate over the spirit birthed nature of the born again believer.

muslim1 wrote:
I think a person cannot annihilate his/her intelligence and follow blindly the scriptures. God almighty gave us a brain and a heart to be used so that we can reach the truth.

Apply that concept to the Quran also and see if it seems correct! God indeed gave us a brain and a heart, however man is prone to rebellion and in his freedom and understanding often believes that that there are many paths to God, or that there is NO GOD! How many religions believe that they have found the truth and that their truth is "the truth". In other words according to your comment, those who fail to reach the truth obviously weren't using their brains. People use their brains, however it is when their hearts are closed and their minds are opened, we must open our minds and our hearts.

muslim1 wrote:
I truly respect your belief on this. Yet I reiterate my point of view: I think it is unjust to ascribe or impute a sin to people who never made it.
Islam clearly states that no one is accountable of the sins of the others: "No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. " [Glorious Qur"an 39:7]

Your belief that nobody can bear the sins of another is your belief and you are entitled to it. The Old Testament and even Moses believed in animal sacrifices for the atonement of sin, this system of animal sacrifice was handed down directly from God Himself to Moses, do you deny this? Furthermore, we are all born with a sin nature, and it is inevitable that man will sin in his lifetime, and the wages of sin is death. However God will not hold a baby accountable because their conscience has not fully developed.

muslim1 wrote:
While sin is imputed (as you believe) to the whole of humanity, why is righteousness ascribed only to the account of the believer (not the whole of humanity)? Isn't this also very unjust?

Sin is imputed to all of humanity because we are all of Adams race, however not all are born of God. The righteousness is ascribed to those who are born of God, as I stated before "in" Adam all die, and all those "in Christ will be made alive and made righteous. An unbeliever is one who is not "in" Christ and thus remains in Adam and his sin remains.

muslim1 wrote:
According to your belief, when Jesus (peace be upon him) died on the cross, was he in a human form or in a divine one (God)?
My view on this is:
1) If he was in a human state, then it is hardly conceivable that a man could carry all the sins of the world.
2) If he was in God state, then God does not die.
In both cases, I (and many many others) have difficulties to understand the situation...

The scriptures can explain this better than I can:

Quote:
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:5-8)

Jesus was still God "the Son" (God is triune) in the human state, retaining the attributes of God, but taking a human nature in order to have a ministry among men. However He still possessed a divine nature and only a divine, sinless person who is also God incarnate can atone for the sins of the World. Secondly Go cannot die and I agree with this, however God is also a spirit and when Jesus died on the cross, His body Died and not His Spirit.

muslim1 wrote:
I totally agree with Steve's comments on this. "Not all Christians are immune to deadly poison" means some are immune, which is unscientific.
Can you give me the name (with proof) of a devout Christian who successfully passed the deadly poison test?

How many people have been miraculously healed, which defies science. Jesus is not telling Christians to deliberately and willfully drink deadly poison, that passage is referring to those who mistakenly drink deadly poison, not purposely and out of stupidity drinking poison to put God to the test. I have heard of Christians who have "mistakenly" ingested deadly poison and have not been killed, however since I don't personally know them or personally know of any Christian who have mistakenly ingested poison, I can't give you any names. Furthermore there is a reason why Christians should not base their doctrine on this belief as I will explain later.

muslim1 wrote:
I appreciate your explanations here, even if I disagree with you.
In think Matthew 1:21 is quite clear that Jesus will save his people (Children of Israel) not all of the world.

Moreover, you did not refer to my question:

Jesus also said that God so loved "the world" that He gave His only begotten Son, was Jesus contradicting Himself? absolutely not, when we fail to take the entire scriptures into context than it becomes like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces. Ancient manuscripts contain two different endings for Mark. While some suggest that Mark indeed intend for his gospel to end at verse 8, it ends on a note of fear and lacks a clear resurrection account. In light of uncertainty attached to verses 9-20, it may be advised to take care in basing doctrine upon them (especially v.v. 16-18)

muslim1 wrote:
My objection was about the word "understood" you used when describing Allah (God), because He is the All-Knowing.
If Jesus (peace be upon him) is not created, why do "the scriptures" consider him as son of God?
As to what "begotten" means in the Glorious Qur'an from my limited knowledge, it depends on the verse. For example: "He begetteth not, nor is He begotten" [Glorious Qur'an 112:3] means having a son/daughter through creation/procreation. But, in the Chapter of Mary: "They say: "((Allah)) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"" [Glorious Qur'an 19:88] refers to what the Christians believe in.

The scriptures never uses "a" son of God, but "the" Son of God and the "only begotten" Son of God as to the many created sons of God (angels). The Old Testament even makes reference to the Eternal Son of God:

Quote:
Micah 5:2 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

muslim1 wrote:
Although I respect what you wrote, I find it strange for a central belief in Christianity (I mean the Trinity) to be so difficult to understand (three gods in one). By the way, many Christians do not totally comprehend the concept of Trinity.

In Islam, it is quite easy: There is One and a Unique God:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him.
[Glorious Qur'an Chapter 112]

The most common misconception of Christianity is that God is "three gods", the God of Christianity is One God in three Eternal persons. Example:God said in the Old testament "let us make man in our image", we know that God also made Eve (another person) but also referred to her as "man", man in this passage is identifed as a class of being, i.e., (man, woman, child). The same is said of the God of Christianity (class of being), they are One God in three eternal persons in absolute Unity and essence. There is also none like the God of Christianity, who remains an indivisible enitity in three eternal person but ONE GOD.

Take Care for now!
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 03:17 pm
Thank you ??????? for your reply,

??????? wrote:
the scriptures clearly teaches and by experience that someone who truly 'believes" in Christ also believes in His teachings and will strictly adhere to them. It is also clear that anyone who makes many bad deeds may not believe in Christ but is a false convert.

Since a person who makes too many bad deeds is a false convert, then according to your belief doing good deeds is as important as believing in Christ. There are many people who make good deeds and yet do not accept him as Savior. Will they go to Hell even if they are "good people"?

??????? wrote:
Secondly a habit of sinning is when the persons life is ruled by sin rather than the spirit, i.e., sin dominates over their life rather than living according to the commandments of God.

Islam offers a person who has the habit of sinning the opportunity to repent:
"Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Glorious Qur'an 39:53]

??????? wrote:
This new nature is not an immunity against sins because the scriptures teaches us that the flesh wages war against the soul. However the sin nature will not dominate over the spirit birthed nature of the born again believer.

Why would a war between the flesh and the soul be necessary since, according to your belief, the Christ carried the sins of the world? In other words, why would a Christian be concerned about his sins since the Christ carried them?
In Islam, no one carries the sins of the other, everyone is responsible only for himself/herself and will be judged according to his/her deeds and belief.

??????? wrote:
Apply that concept to the Quran also and see if it seems correct! God indeed gave us a brain and a heart, however man is prone to rebellion and in his freedom and understanding often believes that that there are many paths to God, or that there is NO GOD! How many religions believe that they have found the truth and that their truth is "the truth". In other words according to your comment, those who fail to reach the truth obviously weren't using their brains. People use their brains, however it is when their hearts are closed and their minds are opened, we must open our minds and our hearts.

We definitely agree that the use of both the brain and the heart is fundamental to reach the truth. Therefore, if we find a contradiction in a religious book, we can't justify it by using our heart. A person saying that:"I feel that a verse is correct even if it contradicts established facts, logic and science" would hardly find a place in this era where science and technology are mostly important.

??????? wrote:
The Old Testament and even Moses believed in animal sacrifices for the atonement of sin, this system of animal sacrifice was handed down directly from God Himself to Moses, do you deny this?

Since it is not mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an nor in the authentic sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of God be upon him), I do not believe in it.

??????? wrote:
and it is inevitable that man will sin in his lifetime

That is true. The last and final Messenger of God, Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of God be upon him) said: "Every son of Adam sins and the best of the sinners are those who repent." (Collected in Sunan Ibn Majah)

??????? wrote:
Sin is imputed to all of humanity because we are all of Adams race, however not all are born of God. The righteousness is ascribed to those who are born of God, as I stated before "in" Adam all die, and all those "in Christ will be made alive and made righteous. An unbeliever is one who is not "in" Christ and thus remains in Adam and his sin remains.

This is your belief and I respect it.
Islam on the other hand, makes no initial difference between human beings. Those who are the most righteous are the best in the sight of God: "Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you"[Glorious Qur'an 49:13]

??????? wrote:
Jesus was still God "the Son" (God is triune) in the human state, retaining the attributes of God, but taking a human nature in order to have a ministry among men. However He still possessed a divine nature and only a divine, sinless person who is also God incarnate can atone for the sins of the World. Secondly Go cannot die and I agree with this, however God is also a spirit and when Jesus died on the cross, His body Died and not His Spirit.

As I said before, I (and many others including Christians) have major difficulties in understanding the concept of Trinity. Does your sentence mean that on the cross, Jesus (peace be upon him) was simultaneously God, Human and Spirit?
Islam, on the hand, is the religion of Tawheed which means the clear Unity of God, the pure Monotheism. "Say: "What has come to me by inspiration is that your Allah is One Allah. will ye therefore bow to His Will (in Islam)?""[Glorious Qur'an 21:108]

??????? wrote:
How many people have been miraculously healed, which defies science. Jesus is not telling Christians to deliberately and willfully drink deadly poison, that passage is referring to those who mistakenly drink deadly poison, not purposely and out of stupidity drinking poison to put God to the test. I have heard of Christians who have "mistakenly" ingested deadly poison and have not been killed, however since I don't personally know them or personally know of any Christian who have mistakenly ingested poison, I can't give you any names.

It's always hard to go beyond established science and convince people that nothing happens if a Christian drinks poison, would it be intentional or unintentional. Mark 16:17-18 state that the poison is "deadly", which scientifically and without doubt harms any creature and humans in particular.

??????? wrote:
Furthermore there is a reason why Christians should not base their doctrine on this belief as I will explain later.

and
??????? wrote:
In light of uncertainty attached to verses 9-20, it may be advised to take care in basing doctrine upon them (especially v.v. 16-18)

Mark 16:16-18 are either word of God or not word of God. If you say there is uncertainty attached to those verses, then this put doubts on the integrity of the whole Bible.

??????? wrote:
The scriptures never uses "a" son of God, but "the" Son of God and the "only begotten" Son of God as to the many created sons of God (angels). The Old Testament even makes reference to the Eternal Son of God

I believe that attributing sons to God almighty is incompatible with His Majesty, I believe God almighty is far from any imperfection.
One may wonder why are priests not allowed to marry and therefore to have sons?

"Say: "O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah."" [Glorious Qur'an 3:64]

0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:58 pm
Hello again muslim1!

muslim1 wrote:
Since a person who makes too many bad deeds is a false convert, then according to your belief doing good deeds is as important as believing in Christ. There are many people who make good deeds and yet do not accept him as Savior. Will they go to Hell even if they are "good people"?

It is not good deeds that will grant you or anyone the right to enter paradise. James in the scriptures says that "faith without works is dead", and the apostle Paul then says that we are "not saved by works", because if we are saved by works then that person can boast before the throne of God that he/she worked (earned) their way to heaven by their own merits and thus in their own right deserve it, this is both prideful and arrogant. James and Paul are not contradicting each other, but rather genuine faith in Christ will naturally produce good works (deeds). And as for those who do good deeds without accepting Christ as Savior, it is written:

Quote:
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (Romans 2:12-16)

God will judge on the basis of works because He is impartial and because the law is immaterial. The Gentile will not be judged on the basis of the Jew's law, and the Jew will not be excused by the Gentiles' lack of law. Works demonstrate the heart's true condition. Conscience is sufficient grounds for condemnation because it establishes a framework of right and wrong and reflects the law written in their hearts.

muslim1 wrote:
Islam offers a person who has the habit of sinning the opportunity to repent:
"Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Glorious Qur'an 39:53]

I respect your belief, however in Christianity because we all have a sin nature and "inward sin" which needs cleansing, repentance without the cleansing of inward sins separates us from an Absolute, Pure and Holy God.

muslim1 wrote:
Why would a war between the flesh and the soul be necessary since, according to your belief, the Christ carried the sins of the world? In other words, why would a Christian be concerned about his sins since the Christ carried them?
In Islam, no one carries the sins of the other, everyone is responsible only for himself/herself and will be judged according to his/her deeds and belief.

Christ did bear the sin "debt" of the world (the wages of sin is death), and forgiveness is granted by belief in His finished work. The scriptures clearly state that God gave His one and only Son, that whosoever "believes" in Him should not perish. The scriptures also state that if we "confess" our sins that He is faithful and just to forgive them. Forgiveness isn't granted unless one asks for forgiveness. As I stated before, your belief that nobody can bear the sins of others is exactly just that, your belief. However Christ is not an ordinary man, He was sinless, He was divine, and more than that He was God.

muslim1 wrote:
We definitely agree that the use of both the brain and the heart is fundamental to reach the truth. Therefore, if we find a contradiction in a religious book, we can't justify it by using our heart. A person saying that:"I feel that a verse is correct even if it contradicts established facts, logic and science" would hardly find a place in this era where science and technology are mostly important.

If you or I feel as there are contradictions, then we rightly divide the truth as the scriptures tell us to do. The bible also tells us that All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. I won't follow a book which has contradictions, there are not contradictions in the bible, however I have found scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran. Examples:

According to Muhammad there are no errors, that would mean that if ONE error is found, that would disprove the entire book.

Here are 10!

• Wich ONLY answer did they give?
    - "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" [7:82], [27:56]
    - "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." [29:29]
  • Allah isn't sure who gets salvation
    - Salvation is for Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans [5:69]
    - Salavation is Only for Muslims [3:85]
  • Allah's clock ain't working
    - Allah's day is a 1000 years [32:5]
    - Allah's day is 50.000 years [70:4]
  • Some angels missing
    - Many angels appeared to marry [3:42], [3:45]
    - Only one angel appeared to marry [19:17]
  • What's a man really made of?
    - A blood clot [96:1-2]
    - water [21:30], [24:45], [25:54]
    - clay [15:26]
    - dust [3:59], [30:20], [35:11]
    - or nothing? [19:67]
  • Where does the evil in our lifes come from?
    - Satan? [38:41]
    - Ourselves?[4:79]
    - Allah? [4:78]
  • Angels cannot disobey Allah
    - All are commanded [16:49-50]
    - Not all are commanded [2:34]
  • Death repentance is a impossible possibility
    - Pharaoh repented at the site of death and was saved [10:90-92]
    - Alltough noone can be saved this way [4:18]
  • Who gets the blame for disbelief
    - the disbeliever [6:12]
    - Allah [10:100]
  • Persecute unbelievers? or forgive them?
    - Persecute the unbelievers [9:29]
    - Forgive the unbelievers [45:14]

muslim1 wrote:
Since it is not mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an nor in the authentic sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of God be upon him), I do not believe in it.

I notice that you often use the term "Glorious Quran", is this expression found in the book itself? Or is it used by Muslims to "exalt" the status of the Quran? And if I were to tell you that since many of the teachings of Christianity are not found in the Bible (book), does this mean that the bible is not true? An example of one teaching which is not found in the Quran and is the MOST VITAL in all of Christianity, is that unless you are cleansed by the Blood of Christ and believe that He rose from the dead, you will be condemned. So if the Quran isn't true, then the author of the Quran has deceived all believers of the book into condemnation. However this wouldn't make any difference to someone such as yourself since you have no doubts concerning the Quran, am I correct?

muslim1 wrote:
This is your belief and I respect it.
Islam on the other hand, makes no initial difference between human beings. Those who are the most righteous are the best in the sight of God: "Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you"[Glorious Qur'an 49:13]

Likewise I respect your beliefs. Christianity teaches that nobody can achieve Gods standard of righteousness on their own merits, since God is perfect.

Quote:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. (Romans 3:21-25)

muslim1 wrote:
As I said before, I (and many others including Christians) have major difficulties in understanding the concept of Trinity. Does your sentence mean that on the cross, Jesus (peace be upon him) was simultaneously God, Human and Spirit?
Islam, on the hand, is the religion of Tawheed which means the clear Unity of God, the pure Monotheism. "Say: "What has come to me by inspiration is that your Allah is One Allah. will ye therefore bow to His Will (in Islam)?""[Glorious Qur'an 21:108]

Yes Sir, He had a dual nature, He was both God and Man! The scriptures reveal the true nature of God and the true meaning of Unity and the word "ONE". Jesus said that He an His Father are "one", then the Jews picked up stones because according to the Law He had blasphemed making Himself GOD! The word for one "heis" which Jesus used to describe His relationship with His Father is also used in this passage which describes Unity in the word "one":

Quote:
Matthew 19:5 - And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

muslim1 wrote:
It's always hard to go beyond established science and convince people that nothing happens if a Christian drinks poison, would it be intentional or unintentional. Mark 16:17-18 state that the poison is "deadly", which scientifically and without doubt harms any creature and humans in particular.

I think your misunderstanding my point, I never said that all Christians are immune to poision, if some mistakenly drink deadly poison, God is able to protect them if it is "His will". It seems that you doubt the power of God also, and I say this because you have a hard time believing that God is able to protect somoene from deadly poison and miraculously defy science. The scriptures state:"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)"

muslim1 wrote:
Mark 16:16-18 are either word of God or not word of God. If you say there is uncertainty attached to those verses, then this put doubts on the integrity of the whole Bible.

That is not true, since that passage is singled out by Scholars as a passage that we should not base our doctrine upon. There are in fact mistranslations of the bible, however if you read the original manuscripts and versions such as the textus receptus, there are no contradictions. Satan can make efforts to distort the message of the bible such as the Jehovahs Witnessess do by biasely mistranslating texts from their original context. Nevertheless, what Satan cannot do is take the most essential truth away from the bible, that is that Christ came to this world to pay the penalty for our sins, died on the Cross and rose again the the third day, and whoever believes this by faith and accepts God gift of Grace, has Everlasting Life.

muslim1 wrote:
I believe that attributing sons to God almighty is incompatible with His Majesty, I believe God almighty is far from any imperfection.

"Say: "O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah."" [Glorious Qur'an 3:64]

Let me ask you a question, if you are a Father to your Son, do you consider yourself more or less equal than He is? Do you consider a woman less equal than man? Christ is equal to His Father but subordinate to Him, i.e., He voluntarily chooses to submit to His Father not because He is less equal, but out of Honor as a Son who Honors His Father. If your son Honors you, do you consider Him less equal because of this, or do you Honor him mutually?

Quote:
Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. (John 8:54; 10:17)

0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 05:58 am
now we are getting to the heart of the matter
the Christian here is just trying to prove the Muslim to be wrong. The Christian holy texts are correct. The muslim texts wrong here we go

"I won't follow a book which has contradictions, there are not contradictions in the bible, however I have found scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran. Examples:

According to Muhammad there are no errors, that would mean that if ONE error is found, that would disprove the entire book.

Here are 10!

* Wich ONLY answer did they give?
- "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" [7:82], [27:56]
* Allah isn't sure who gets salvation
* Allah's clock ain't working
* Some angels missing
* What's a man really made of?
* Where does the evil in our lifes come from?
* Angels cannot disobey Allah
* Death repentance is a impossible possibility
* Who gets the blame for disbelief
* Persecute unbelievers? or forgive them?
- Forgive the unbelievers [45:14]"

I am right and you are wrong so there! How sophisticated
0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:39 am
It seems to me that your taking sides, so who on this thread is trying to prove Christianity wrong? Nobody? How many times on this thread has Christianity been questioned and even been attacked verbally by you alone. And how many times has the Christian faith been questioned by those who doubt the authenticity of it on this thread alone? Actually on every response! It seems absurd to not question the authenticity of ones religious creed without questioning its so-called truths, trial and error plays a vital role in determining truths, however you prejudicially won't allow me to do such. Is this sophisticated? However I won't be surprised if you have a good reponse to justify yourself.

God Bless!
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:09 am
Thank you ??????? for your reply,

??????? wrote:
The scriptures clearly state that God gave His one and only Son, that whosoever "believes" in Him should not perish.

According to your belief, which I respect, why did God gave His ''one and only son" 2005 years ago and not before that? I mean, what appears more logical is that God would give His ''one and only Son" at the beginning of humanity.
In Islam, Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the mightiest Messengers of God almighty, he is not the son of God (God forbid).

??????? wrote:
However Christ is not an ordinary man, He was sinless, He was divine, and more than that He was God.

Jesus (peace be upon him) is far from being God:
"And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things."
[Glorious Qur'an 5:116-117]

??????? wrote:
The bible also tells us that All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

The word of God cannot be profitable for reproof or correction. God does not make mistakes. If reproof or correction are applied to the Scriptures, then the integrity and the authenticity of the whole Bible will be questioned.

??????? wrote:

Your (and my) Sustainer God (Allah), revealed to His last and final Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in the Noble Qur'an: "Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy." [Glorious Qur'an 4:82]
This is called a falsification test: if you find one error, the entire book is wrong. But, in 1400 years, not a single error has been found, and as long as you are logical, you will not find any.
By the way, this falsification test lead Dr. Gary Miller to revert to Islam. Here is the story:
Dr. Garry Miller

??????? wrote:
Here are 10!

I am so glad you've returned to the subject of the thread, which is entitled "ISLAM Q&A". All your "alleged contradictions" could be easily refuted:

??????? wrote:
Wich ONLY answer did they give?

Verses in question:
[7:82] "And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" "
[27:54-56] "(We also sent) Lut (as an apostle): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)?
Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!
But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!""

[29:28-29] "And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you.
"Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."
"

It is clear that when these verses are looked at in context, the responses given by the People of Lut are given in response to different allegations. It is ridiculous to assume that all the years of preaching Lut gave to his people only involved a singe dialogue, with a single response from his people. In his preaching he would have confronted them on many occasions about their evils. Notice also that verses 29:28-29 contain additional allegations in comparison to those found in verses 27:54-56

??????? wrote:
Allah isn't sure who gets salvation

First, please try to be polite when dealing with your (and my) Creator. "isn't sure" is incompatible with the Majesty of God.
Secondly, the salvation for Jews, Christians, Sabaeans and Those who believe in God and the Last Day mentioned in [5:69] (as well as in [2:62]) refers to those who lived in the period just before the prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of God be upon him). From the moment the revelation came to Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of God be upon him) from God almighty, there is none but one way to Salvation mentioned in [3:85] and other places in the Glorious Qur'an.

??????? wrote:
Allah's clock ain't working

Again here, God almighty is Perfect, and using sentences like yours is not very suitable.
Your question is answered here:
On The Length Of Days

??????? wrote:
Some angels missing

Exactly (strange!) the same allegation is answered here:
The Number Of Angels Speaking To Mary

??????? wrote:
What's a man really made of?

austinsdaddy0105, a Christian member of AB2K asked the same question and I refuted it on page 27 of this thread (ISLAM Q&A).

??????? wrote:
Where does the evil in our lifes come from?

Your copy/paste question is completely refuted here:
The Origin Of Evil

??????? wrote:
Angels cannot disobey Allah

This misconception is completely removed here:
Angels Cannot Disobey Allah

??????? wrote:
Death repentance is a impossible possibility

Who said Pharaoh was saved? yes, he 'repented' at the site of death, but his alleged repentance was not accepted as clearly stated: "(It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! " [Glorious Qur'an 10:91]

??????? wrote:
Who gets the blame for disbelief

This question deals with "free will or predestination". We have already discussed this issue in this thread and others ("Islamic Creationism" ....).

??????? wrote:
Persecute unbelievers? or forgive them?
- Forgive the unbelievers [45:14]

Verses in question:
[9:29] "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
This verse deals with the unbelievers who defy or wage war against the commandments of Allah (God), those who do not believe in last and final Messenger Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
[45:14]"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the Days of Allah. It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned. "
In the beginning of Islam, Muslims were ordered to observe patience in the face of the oppression of the idolators and the People of the Scriptures so that their hearts may incline towards Islam. However, when the disbelievers persisted in stubbornness, Allah legislated for the believers to fight in Jihad.

??????? wrote:
there are not contradictions in the bible

Sure? Personally, I have hundreds of misconceptions (I don't say contradictions) about the Bible. Would you mind removing this one for example:
(II Kings 8:26) Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
(II Chronicles 22:2) Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
In Maths, 22 is not equal to 42...

??????? wrote:
I notice that you often use the term "Glorious Quran", is this expression found in the book itself? Or is it used by Muslims to "exalt" the status of the Quran?

Both. In the Glorious Qur'an, many expressions are used to show its importance: the Glorious, the Noble, the Book, the Furqan (which differentiates good from evil), the Wise... On the other hand, we believe as Muslims the Glorious Qur'an is The Word of God, so we give it a supreme importance.

??????? wrote:
An example of one teaching which is not found in the Quran and is the MOST VITAL in all of Christianity, is that unless you are cleansed by the Blood of Christ and believe that He rose from the dead, you will be condemned.

I truly respect your belief, yet I believe it is wrong. Why? because the Glorious Qur'an tells us clearly that Jesus (peace be upon him) never died on the cross: "That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not" [Glorious Qur'an 4:157]
So I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that Jesus (peace be upon him) never died on the cross.

??????? wrote:
So if the Quran isn't true, then the author of the Quran has deceived all believers of the book into condemnation.

This is a baseless statement since the Glorious Qur'an is 100% true.

??????? wrote:
It seems that you doubt the power of God

Oh my friend! this is the last thing I would permit myself to do. As Muslim, we believe that Allah (God) Has the ability to do everything, He is the All-Powerful.
What I wanted to say is, for a book to claim it is the word of God, it has to stand the test of time. I mean, if you apply that book to any era, it should still be valid. And today, we are in the era of logic, technology and science...

??????? wrote:
That is not true, since that passage is singled out by Scholars as a passage that we should not base our doctrine upon.

Not basing the doctrine on a passage that is supposedly the word of God means Christians understand better than their Creator what is right and what is wrong for them (God forbid).
In Islam, every LETTER of the Holy Qur'an is important.

??????? wrote:
Let me ask you a question, if you are a Father to your Son, do you consider yourself more or less equal than He is? Do you consider a woman less equal than man?

Not a very good example. God almighty who has the most perfect of attributes cannot be compared to humans (like me) who are slaves, servants of their Lord.

There is a question you did not refer to:
muslim1 wrote:

0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:12 am
I know you think I'm being very rude and abrasive on matters that are deeply held by you but I'm not deliberately trying to cause offense. In fact a few years back I would never have voiced any opinion on religion (despite having quite strong opinions) out of deference to people's feelings.

I was brought up in a Christian community. I am nominally a Christian and I think there is a lot of good in that religion. But for me any religious ideas I might have cannot conflict with the absolute necessity of rational thinking.

The fact is that the world changed on 9/11. On that day the full horror of religiously inspired terrorism hit us. It was repeated closer to home on 7th July this year. These people did what they did because they thought they were doing God's will. The same monotheistic God of Moses Mohammed and Jesus. Now you might say their actions had nothing to do with true religion. But the fact is they themselves thought it had, and you cant get away from that.

So since 9/11 I've been less reluctant to speak out on religion in general and religious ideas that do harm in particular. I dont mind anyone being Christian Muslim or Jew. But I react strongly when competing ideas about divinity ends up killing people.

If we are to defeat terrorism we must understand its causes and what inspires the people who carry it out. If by pointing out the absurdities of (some) religious belief, it encourages people to think critically, there might be fewer fundamentalists willing to take matters to the extreme. And if in turn that means treading on the sensitive toes of religion, so be it.
0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:30 pm
I understand actually, and you have a right to feel the way you do. But the God of Christianity tells us that we are to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us, not run a 747 into high rises and kill thousands of innocent people, this is not what the Bible teaches and this is not the God of Christianity or the God of Moses. I follow Jesus and Jesus would deny and abhor such actions taken on 9/11. Those responsible for the attacks do not worship the God of Christianity and are not Christians. The Christian faith teaches us that we are all equal in God eyes and that we are to love one another because God loves us all. We are created in His image. It just seems as if you have been taught the wrong view of Christianity or have given poor examples of what true Christianity is.

God Bless!
0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:32 pm
I will get to your response as soon as possible muslim1 since I am currently busy, so please bear with me.

God Bless!
0 Replies

truthfinder3

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:03 pm
Welcome back muslim1!

muslim1 wrote:
According to your belief, which I respect, why did God gave His ''one and only son" 2005 years ago and not before that? I mean, what appears more logical is that God would give His ''one and only Son" at the beginning of humanity.
In Islam, Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the mightiest Messengers of God almighty, he is not the son of God (God forbid).

Why did Allah wait 6 centuries after the death of Christ and the spurt of Christianity to introduce the doctrine of the Quran to Muhammad? Does that sound logical? But why did God wait thousands of years to send His Son? The answer is found in the New Testament and deals with the history of Israel and its necessities in order to make certain things plain to the world and in order to enable us to fully grasp most the meaning of the incarnation of Christ, justification by faith apart from works of the law, and His substitutionary atonement. The events of Israel's history are treated as examples or types to help us take hold and follow the path of salvation (1 Cor. 10:6,11; Rom. 15:4). In Romans 3:19 the apostle Paul says, "Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law (that is, the Jews), so that every mouth may be stopped and the whole world may be held accountable before God." The Old Testament is filled with prophecies that foreshadow the coming of Christ and His redemptive purpose and how it all fits into Gods plan, read the Old Testament and you'll see that it will expound on this much clearer than I can. And you have every right to believe that Jesus is NOT the Son of God and can consider that title "foolish", but what may be foolish to you is absolute truth to me.

muslim1 wrote:
Jesus (peace be upon him) is far from being God:
"And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things." [Glorious Qur'an 5:116-117]

With all due respect, your comment that He is far from being God is taken from your belief which you believe is true. However I can just as well quote scriptures spoken from the mouth of Jesus Himself claiming that He is Gods one and only Son making Him God. The quotations from the Quran don't convince me otherwise, but I do respect your belief nonetheless.

muslim1 wrote:
The word of God cannot be profitable for reproof or correction. God does not make mistakes. If reproof or correction are applied to the Scriptures, then the integrity and the authenticity of the whole Bible will be questioned.

You misunderstood that passage, it does not state that doctrine can be correct, nor can the scriptures be corrected, but that the doctrines found in the scriptures can benefit the reader in correction and reproof, not the doctrine or the scriptures. My apologies, you misunderstood that verse because I failed to quote the rest of the passage in its entirety, here it is:

Quote:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

muslim1 wrote:
Your (and my) Sustainer God (Allah), revealed to His last and final Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in the Noble Qur'an: "Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy." [Glorious Qur'an 4:82]
This is called a falsification test: if you find one error, the entire book is wrong. But, in 1400 years, not a single error has been found, and as long as you are logical, you will not find any.
By the way, this falsification test lead Dr. Gary Miller to revert to Islam. Here is the story:
Dr. Garry Miller

It seems to me that you obviously know your book better than me, those contradictions were handed down from a friend of mines who doesn't know too much of the Quran but debates with Muslims on another forum. Those are his words "verbatim", and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to whom you worship. There are however a few passages which I can indeed quote which every muslim I have come across can not sufficiently present a logistical and exegetical refutation, however this is not my goal here. My goal is to examine the differences between your belief and mines and why they are contrary (ESPECIALLY DOCTRINE) to each other when supposedly the God of Islam is supposedly the God of Christianity, which BTW I disagree.

muslim1 wrote:
Sure? Personally, I have hundreds of misconceptions (I don't say contradictions) about the Bible. Would you mind removing this one for example:
(II Kings 8:26) Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
(II Chronicles 22:2) Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
In Maths, 22 is not equal to 42...

hmmm..., if you look at my refutations from an unbiased viewpoint you will agree that I am correct and the bible has not contradictions, but a lack of scriptural understanding will lead to this.

Ahaziah's correct age when he began his rule over Jerusalem is 22. However in 2 Kings 8:17 we find that it tells us that Ahaziah's father Joram ben Ahab was 32 years old when he became king and had died 8 years later at 40. Therefore, Ahaziah's age couldn't have been 42 years at the time his father died at age 42. The reason for the discrepency in ages is the result of a copyists error. The fact remains that a copyist error does not nullify the inspiration or the authority of Scripture. You must keep consider that God Himself inspired the originals, which were without error. Copies will have problems, a very, very few. These are copies of inspired documents and, unfortunately, some fallible copyist errors managed to get into the manuscripts. However, they in no way affect any "doctrinal" areas.

muslim1 wrote:
Both. In the Glorious Qur'an, many expressions are used to show its importance: the Glorious, the Noble, the Book, the Furqan (which differentiates good from evil), the Wise... On the other hand, we believe as Muslims the Glorious Qur'an is The Word of God, so we give it a supreme importance.

Interesting, the bible never uses such words, it lets the believer exalt God and not the book. The bible can be called the Holy Bible or just plain "bible", and I don't believe it makes a bit of a difference to the God of Christianity if the book is given an exalted name. Since you consider the Quran the "Word of God", do you take offense that the Bible calls Jesus the "Word of God"?

muslim1 wrote:
I truly respect your belief, yet I believe it is wrong. Why? because the Glorious Qur'an tells us clearly that Jesus (peace be upon him) never died on the cross: "That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not" [Glorious Qur'an 4:157]
So I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that Jesus (peace be upon him) never died on the cross.

And I also respect yours and am not trying to change it because it is apparent that you stand firm in your belief. I on the other hand have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that Jesus died for my sins "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22)" , however I am not going to argue over this because it is meaningless to someone who will never except this as fact and possesses a great zeal for His belief. But what IF you are wrong? Are you so sure that you are willing to risk your soul for this?

muslim1 wrote:
This is a baseless statement since the Glorious Qur'an is 100% true.

That my friend is your opinion and nothing more.

muslim1 wrote:
Oh my friend! this is the last thing I would permit myself to do. As Muslim, we believe that Allah (God) Has the ability to do everything, He is the All-Powerful.
What I wanted to say is, for a book to claim it is the word of God, it has to stand the test of time. I mean, if you apply that book to any era, it should still be valid. And today, we are in the era of logic, technology and science...

Then why question if God Almighty can protect believers from "deadly poision" and defy science? In all honesty, How many miracles have you experienced? I can truly testify that my prayers to God in the name of Jesus have wrought miracles, I have been healed of heart trouble which the doctors could not remedy, I have experienced improvement in my vision by prayer, praying for my enemies and have them become my friends, healed of headaches without medicine, healed of broken ankles with torn ligaments immediately upon prayer through the "Name of Jesus" (I felt my ligaments re-attach itself from within). So as to whether I truly believe what I believe to be the truth, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He is the only way to receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life.

muslim1 wrote:
Not basing the doctrine on a passage that is supposedly the word of God means Christians understand better than their Creator what is right and what is wrong for them (God forbid).
In Islam, every LETTER of the Holy Qur'an is important.

I never said that it wasn't important, however speaking in tongues, laying hands on the sick and drinking deadly poison isn't going to bring you salvation. As a matter of fact the apostle Paul speaks on this:

Quote:
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2,3)

muslim1 wrote:
Not a very good example. God almighty who has the most perfect of attributes cannot be compared to humans (like me) who are slaves, servants of their Lord.

hmmm....Jesus on the other hand voluntarly humbled Himself and became a "servant", this pleased God the Father. But unfortunately many cannot see how great humilty is and the power of it, it is written:

Quote:
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

The Word of God wrote:
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. (Matthew 7:13-15)

0 Replies