..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 10:01 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You mean ANY MORE fingers. Ive already gotten 2 blown off.
Yeah, I was afraid of something like that.
I knew a trial judge who had an index finger blown off by Nazi artillery.

What happened to u?
I bet it hurt.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 10:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Biafran rebels seeping into NIgeria to cause mayhem and other kinds of hem. It was pretty bad ,
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 10:34 am
@farmerman,

With what did u get hit ?

Gunfight?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 11:52 am
Maybe some other time. Im not feeling well today
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 06:20 am
@farmerman,
Well, heres a bit of nice boatbuilding. The "Plastiki" is a boat built out of 12000 , 3 litre soda bottles. Its goind to be sailed from San Diego To Sydney. http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/02/23/science/23sciillo_graphic.html?ref=science
McTag

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:51 pm
@farmerman,

Hate the boat, love the name.
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 06:20 am
@McTag,
I love the way they dump dry ice into each bottle to act as stiffeners. Pretty cool. when you cant see a keel anywhere. Wonder what keeps this bad boy from hogging like a roller coaster train .
McTag

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:56 pm
@farmerman,

Quite a lot on the Web about Plastiki...and the website's a work in progress.

Thanks for the headsup, fm.
farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 08:25 pm
@McTag,
HAd a chance to see some really well built DIY designs by CMD boats(theres a website in there). I looked at a series of boats called "REDWINGS". One of them, a Redwing 40, was aan absolute knockout. It cost about ^$ a lb displacement and the displacement was about 30000 lb (dock wt).

It was wood design with TITANIUM futtocks (that upped the clost a bit I imagine). The school that built it had some really great appointments . The color was a deep ultramarine, gold piping, and white upper, with high gloss decks, pilot house and cabin. The top is white with a huge registration number in brilliant red. Radar was a real new technology that provides several layers of frequency response at once and interpolates between GPS, radar and ,the sonar , so it shows what it thinks are any floating obstructions that radar cant see but sonar can and doesnt show up on GPS.
farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:15 am
@farmerman,
WOOOPPPEEEEE!!!. We got a great offer for our boat (that Ive been trying to sell for 2 years).
Up to Maine to close and transfer. See yas sometime mid next week.

Oh Frabjus Day! No need to sell my organs
McTag

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 02:25 pm
@farmerman,

Good luck fm.

Glad you can probably keep your giblets.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 04:31 am
@McTag,
will have the boat sold and will return by Thursday this. Two days of exultation in a boat owners life
1. When he first buys a boat

2When he sells the boat
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 04:35 am
@farmerman,
You've been off somewhere selling your boat, farmer?

(Is this going to make you wealthy? Smile )

I was wondering where you've been.
spendius

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 04:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Two days of exultation in a boat owners life
1. When he first buys a boat

2When he sells the boat

That's true. I've experienced both. The second was best. In between it's a species of agony.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 05:34 am
@msolga,
well Im boatless and having fond memories of the little tub. She was a good one and I had a lotta years into rebuilding what was a big wreck (all we wanted was the hull when I bought it). ASO Im sure I didnt get anywhere near what I have into her but , thats all the years of enjoyment.

Now Im lookin at a smaller deep V WELLCRAFT, say a 32 or 34 footer with a Marine Cat(I want thrifty over speedy) . We plan to be mostly sailers of the Bay of Fundy and no more blue water sailing. (Too exciting for someone approaching 60).

We will be slowly driving home and maybe (if weather is good) stop in at Hancock Shaker Village and vsit some friends in Albany.

Probly be back Fri or Sat (if the weather cooprates0
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:02 am
@farmerman,
Aw. I hope the little old tub has found a good new owner.

Quote:
Now Im lookin at a smaller deep V WELLCRAFT, say a 32 or 34 footer with a Marine Cat(I want thrifty over speedy) . We plan to be mostly sailers of the Bay of Fundy and no more blue water sailing. (Too exciting for someone approaching 60).

Oh I don't know, farmer. The Bay of Fundy sounds pretty exciting to me! Smile

Enjoy your trip back!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Probly be back Fri or Sat (if the weather cooprates

aye aye skipper
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 10:05 am
@farmerman,
A little antique picking on the way back?
spendius

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 04:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey fm--you'll be getting segs under your chin if these patronising wallies continue chucking under it much longer.

I would get a plush rocking chair with the cash if I was you and put any left over into bank shares. Respectable ones I mean. One does have one's offspring to think about even if one wasn't thinking of them at the time they were set out on their journey.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
yep!! had a nice supper in a neat little place near Glen Falls NY. Now we are holing up for the night I missed this weeks episode of "Justified" my new fav Elmore Leonard written TV show. (He wrote "Get Shorty").