..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:28 am
@farmerman,
Thanks for the answer, farmer. I'll be more restful in my reading of 'effemm'.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 12:42 pm
@ossobuco,
Just to get some balance and truth in spendis own assertions, he began his career here at A2K by randomly being an insulting contrarian, hence some of us had begun calling him names in retro' I, and several others then put him on "ignore" until recently when his age has modified his more zealous approach to communication(or at least what he feels is communication).

Spendi is laboring under the belief that he comands vast wit. Im more of the belief that its half vast.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:13 pm
@farmerman,

Clever
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:15 pm
@farmerman,
Just to get some accuracy going around here, which is something effemm specifically called for recently, I "began" my career on A2K with the message--"I am a well evolved microbe".

effemm's first long-winded and somewhat invidious message contained this one--

Quote:
I wish evreybody would fill out their profiles, seriously. If you dont fill out your profile, youre a douche bag.

Anyone who thinks I began my career by being an insulting contrarian is perfectly entitled to their opinion and quite free to line themselves up with his categorisation of those who have no member profile as douche bags.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:18 pm
@spendius,
why is it that douche bags get such a bum rap.

where would we be without them???
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:27 pm

Consistent with anonymity,
telling everyone the ESSENCE of who u r,
meaning your gender, your interests, your activities,
your philosophy that u deem significant,
and a little about your history is helpful.
I tend to agree with the Farmer on this point.

In my opinion,
everyone shoud do it, unless u have strong feelings against it.

David
Francis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 02:15 pm
David wrote:
unless u have strong feelings against it.

Indeed..
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 02:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
In my opinion,
everyone shoud do it, unless u have strong feelings against it.

I don't have strong feelings about them. It is just that they are likely to be a self-serving panegyric of hagiographical, self-administered arse licking which the rest of us have no way of checking. As is the case with effemm's MP and, indeed Dave, your own. Designed to overawe the average douche bag of course and taking the two things together profoundly insulting.

Obviously I take no notice of them and treat their writers on the basis of their posts but bearing in mind that I am dealing with a raging egomaniac whose biological characteristics are identical to those of the rest of us and more or less to those of rabbits, flies and most species of pond life.

The essence of who you are will come through your posts with far more clarity than it ever will through the pile of bullshit.

The essence of who I am, according to Darwin and his tree of life, is actually that of a well evolved microbe.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 03:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Clever

Isn't it, though.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:08 pm
@msolga,
Im home one day and Im ready to go back on the bay. Maybe Ill bug my BIL to go out to the Atlantic canyons on his fly bridge fisherboat. Fishingis now reportedly getting good on the Atlantic seaboard.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:11 pm
@farmerman,
Good idea, farmer. Especially before the weather turns nasty in your bit of the planet.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:15 pm
I like Olga's profile. I could go to town on that.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:19 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Good idea, farmer. Especially before the weather turns nasty in your bit of the planet.

When that happens the Nanny state kicks in and warnings are posted and broadcast and all the intrepid sailors cower in their hotel rooms waiting for permission to venture out.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:21 pm
@spendius,
I just got tired of the continuous updating, spendius. Things kept changing & it was forever out of date.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:25 pm
@msolga,
You mean you are older now and I shouldn't assume you are still engaged in the throes of losing your virginity?
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:25 pm
@spendius,
I don't know about "cowering", spendius. And I doubt the "Nanny state" has much to do with it ....

.. but to me it seems a very sensible idea to stay off the water when the weather bureau posts danger warnings.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:31 pm
@msolga,
The weather bureau sometimes gets in wrong so I reckon it is best to not venture out at all.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:32 pm
@spendius,
No, that's not what I meant. You really say some silly things sometimes, spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:54 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The weather bureau sometimes gets in wrong so I reckon it is best to not venture out at all.

I ought to have added that about 99% of the human race does not venture forth on the ocean's waves. It's only the nutters.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:15 pm
Well, hell, if no one else wants to ask - what is sex like on the ocean, fman? I've slept (or tried to) on the sea in a small sailboat, but never had sex out there.

I knew about the sewage (having been in a cat when it dumped it's waste), but not about the gray water.

I forgot the third question..... time out to sea...?

Anyway, back to the wintergreen - briefly. There are three common flavors called 'mint'. The proper mint (imo) being peppermint, another mint being spearmint, and a third being wintergreen. I like wintergreen way more than the other two, hence my interest. When I crush pipsessewa leaves I smell wintergreen. Both plants are evergreen (which I imagine would be the reason for a common name) here in the cold North. I guess the discrepancy (the non-smelling leaves called wintergreen and the wintergreen smelling leaves being called pipsessewa) shall be chalked up to common name ambiguity.